Crazed naked canibal eating live man's face shot by Miami PD

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Crazed naked canibal eating live man's face shot by Miami PD

Post by Col. Crackpot »

what the fuck
pdated: May 27, 2012, 4:56 p.m.

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Miami police are still tight-lipped about the man they shot and killed on the MacArthur Causeway Saturday afternoon, but new details back claims they had no choice: the naked man they shot was trying to chew the face off another naked man, and refused to obey police orders to stop his grisly meal, which one source now claims included his victim’s nose and eyeballs.

Surveillance video taken from security cameras at the nearby Miami Herald building show a police officer arrive on the scene, appear to be startled by the spectacle of two naked men lying on the street, and draw his service weapon. It appears that the officer shot one of the men, but it was difficult to tell in the video.

The bizarre shooting happened shortly after 2 p.m., when police responded to a 911 call about two naked men fighting on a bike path along the Causeway, which was packed with traffic on a busy holiday weekend.

Miami police have not confirmed the details of what happened next, but sources close to the investigation told CBS4 News that officers found one man gnawing on the face of another, in what one police source called the most gruesome thing he’d ever seen.

The fight was taking place at the causeway exit near the Miami Herald building, and amazed officers tried to stop it, ordering the man making a meal out of the other man to stop.
SURVEILLANCE CAMERA VIDEO

Armando Aguilar, who heads the local chapter of the Fraternal Order of Police, said he has spoken with the officer who responded. Aguilar said the officer saw what the man was doing, and ordered him to stop. He said the man growled at the officer, and then returned to his meal.

Aguilar said the man ate his victim’s nose and eyeballs.

The officer then used his service weapon and shot the man, Aguilar said, but the gunshot had no effect.

Other sources confirmed that the man refused to obey, and continued his attack. Aguilar said the officer had no choice but to keep shooting until the attacker was dead.

Investigators sharing limited details about the confrontation, saying only that the two men were fighting and the officers felt they had no choice but to take deadly force.

“During this confrontation an officer did discharge his weapon striking one of the individuals, said Det. Willie Moreno, spokesperson for Miami Police.

But the sources close to the investigation say that dry recitation of the facts apparently doesn’t go far enough. They said the man still would not give in to police commands, so officers fired again.

“That individual has lost his life right now,” Moreno said.

With the attacker dead, lying nude on the pavement, officers and paramedics were able to get to his victim and rush him to Jackson Memorial Hospital. Police sources say the man had virtually no face and was unrecognizable.

Police have shared no information about his identity or condition.

The surveillance video supplied to CBS4 by The Herald under a news sharing agreement is disturbing. At one point, whomever was controlling the cameras zoomed in to the two men lying nude and partially obscured by the MetroMover track. One man is motionless, but the other, presumably the man whose face was attacked, can be seen flailing his legs, possibly in pain.

The Herald used video editing tools to obscure portions of that man’s body as he moved.

The video covers a time frame of about 8 minutes, but despite the shooting of the attacker and the obvious distress shown by the victim, paramedics are not seen attempting to rescue him.

The victim was eventually taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital.

Once the bizarre confrontation came to an end, police were left with the task of figuring out what had happened. The investigation forced the closure of the causeway from Miami Beach to Miami, and also closed an exit to the causeway from I-95.

The investigation snarled traffic for hours and delayed thousands of motorists until ways could be found to get them off the causeway.

Police have had little official to say about the details, and have not released the name of the cannibalistic attacker.
Bolding mine... one of the most fucked up things i've read in a while.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Re: Crazed naked canibal eating live man's face shot by Miam

Post by Mr Bean »

Saw this story today but excuse me if I skip the rational explanations of crazy person, guy going bonkers on PCP, Meth of Cocaine and jump directly to... fucking Zombie outbreak.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
MrDakka
Padawan Learner

Post by MrDakka »

Mr Bean wrote:jump directly to... fucking Zombie outbreak.
If I see more reports like this in the next couple of days, fuck it; the zombies are here. Time to bounce. :D
Needs moar dakka
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Ya know, I just don't get the threat of a zombie apocalypse, at least as far as the US goes. Depending on whose numbers you go with anywhere from 1/4 to 1/3 of the US are gun owners, so I really don't see a zombie outbreak gaining much traction here.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Mr. Coffee wrote:Ya know, I just don't get the threat of a zombie apocalypse, at least as far as the US goes. Depending on whose numbers you go with anywhere from 1/4 to 1/3 of the US are gun owners, so I really don't see a zombie outbreak gaining much traction here.
Does not matter if it's PCP, Coke or Super Rabies or the out and out Zombie plague considering the location I don't expect it to get far.
But yah know Coffee even if 1/3rd of all Americans are gun owners, how many of those hundred million are the competent type? IE they own a gun not to collect or because it was daddy's gun but because they want to defend themselves and they go to the range at least one a month to shoot off a box or two of ammo.

I know cops who don't get less range time and clean there fire arms every third visit if that.

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Doesn't really matter, one in ten gun owners being a remotely competent marksman could mow down the entire national population in hours before you even consider how many zombies would be run over by trucks and hastily mobilized snowplows. Zombies would only be a US wiping out threat if they appeared everywhere at once. Supposedly the way this guy acted, going back to reality, is not unheard of for people who are already dieing from a coke overdose to act sort of like this. PCP seems unlikely.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Todeswind
Jedi Knight

Post by Todeswind »

Asia would be the nightmare zombie situation, well Beijing or Tokyo. I'm just imagining one zombie getting on when the trains are so packed they have to shove people in.
Scrib
Jedi Knight

Post by Scrib »

Mr. Coffee wrote:Ya know, I just don't get the threat of a zombie apocalypse, at least as far as the US goes. Depending on whose numbers you go with anywhere from 1/4 to 1/3 of the US are gun owners, so I really don't see a zombie outbreak gaining much traction here.
Normal zombies may have problems, zombies like the ones from Dawn of the Dead or 28 Days Later (I know, technically not zombies) will fuck everything up, especially if hospitals aren't equipped to deal with them.
NettiWelho
Youngling

Post by NettiWelho »

closet sci-fi fan wrote:The news report video imbedded in the link said that there is a bad strain of LSD going around that has caused similar instances of aggression in the past few weeks.
Then its most likely not LSD.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Why isn't anybody wondering why the SECOND guy was naked, too?
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Maybe Mr. Zombie ate his clothes before starting in on his face?
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Broomstick wrote:Maybe Mr. Zombie ate his clothes before starting in on his face?
Maybe he was in the middle of some clothing optional activity when a fucking Zombie broke his door down slobbering for brains and he booked it in the nude.

Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

Meth is a popular drug among homosexual people in large metropolitan areas; two gay guys do crystal meth so they can have freaky sex and one of them goes totally fucking gonzo on the meth and starts eating the other guy's face instead of having freaky sex.

Note: the following link just gives a description of the popularity of meth among gay men.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/l ... th26m.html
Meth use among gay men has been a pervasive problem for decades, particularly in the western United States. Here in King County, about 10 percent of gay and bisexual men used crystal meth in a given year, according to data from Public Health — Seattle & King County. These rates are twice as high in men under the age of 30.
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!
Cosmic Average
Jedi Knight

Post by Cosmic Average »

This attack had NOTHING to do with homosexuality and everything to do with drugs.

The attacker, Eugene, stripped his own clothes off as he walked along the street, well before he encountered the victim, Poppo. Then he beat the victim unconscious, stripped the victim, then ate the poor man's face for fifteen minutes before being killed by police.
Eugene’s last day started at 2 a.m. Saturday at his girlfriend’s house, where he suddenly took off after behaving oddly, rifling through both his clothes and hers, CBS Miami reported.

He told a friend he was going to Miami Beach to check out Urban Beach Weekend, a huge Memorial Day party drawing people from all over.

Cops later found and towed his purple Chevy sedan, which was parked illegally. Eugene had apparently abandoned it because it didn’t start.

He then appears to have started walking back across the 3-mile causeway to the mainland in the hot sun, shedding clothes as he went.

Cops found his clothes and driver’s license strewn along the causeway like fairy-tale breadcrumbs.

About 2 p.m., Eugene stopped right by the Miami Herald building, where a security camera caught him crouching over Poppo, who was reclining in the shade of an overpass.

Brief clips of the security video had been released earlier. But the full video reveals just how long the grisly attack took, and how many people biked, drove or walked by without stopping.

Details in the video are obscured by waving palm fronds and the overpass, but it shows a naked Eugene rolling Poppo’s body a few feet and then taking his pants off.

He appears to punch and manhandle Poppo’s limp body for a few minutes, then drags it a few feet further — to a spot largely obscured from the camera.

During this time, Eugene chewed off 80% of Poppo’s face, tearing away his nose, mouth, eyes and cheeks.

“He was actually swallowing pieces of the man's face,” said Armando Aguilar, president of Miami's Fraternal Order of Police.
Link
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

The damage the attacker did was more reminiscent of a chimpanzee attack that what is normal done human-on-human.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

What fuckin' drugs were they on
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Todeswind
Jedi Knight

Post by Todeswind »

Get this, he was on (and I shit you not) "Bath Salts." Who names a drug that makes you fucking eat people "Bath Salts?"
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Bath Salts are a category of designer drugs, not anything specific. The name comes from them being sold legally in the US and EU in packages marked as 'Bath Salts' which are supposedly not for human consumption. They have endless street names. Most were based on the amphetamine Mephedrone which showed up several years ago, and was only made temporarily illegal by a special FDA ruling in the US in late 2011, meaning lots of it is still around that was bought legally. But they also have all kinds of other strange stuff in them and keep changing, the effects of many of these drugs are simply not clinically known, and many have proved highly toxic. They also all come from random chemical refineries in China, so you totally know the quality is assured. As well, some of these drugs use yet other compounds that are still legal, and the effects of which are almost entirely unknown. Literally thousands of designer drug compounds exist now, and massive numbers of other compounds are known to theoretically exist which are chemically similar and may or may not have similar effects. Some of these theoretical compounds have already been banned, but in general the people who know the most about the subject are the chemists making them to get around drug laws and drug testing equipment, not government medical researchers.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
loomer
Sith Marauder

Post by loomer »

Yeah. I'd say he got a seriously fucking nasty RC in those bath salts.
"Doctors keep their scalpels and other instruments handy, for emergencies. Keep your philosophy ready too—ready to understand heaven and earth. In everything you do, even the smallest thing, remember the chain that links them. Nothing earthly succeeds by ignoring heaven, nothing heavenly by ignoring the earth." M.A.A.A
Todeswind
Jedi Knight

Post by Todeswind »

I swear to god, people find dumber ways to get high every freaking day.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Hey, Russians have been using a codeine-derived drug that induces tissue necrosis.

Because apparently cocaine isn't EXTREME enough.

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
NettiWelho
Youngling

Post by NettiWelho »

The only reason there is a market for this stuff in the first place is because of 'the war on drugs' creating artificial price inflation of better known substances.

The insanity will continue as long as the US insists on wasting its and everyone elses resources on something that cannot be won.

Also its not the drug itself that causes the necrosis, its the impurities left in it because of incompetent home chemists.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

NettiWelho wrote: Also its not the drug itself that causes the necrosis, its the impurities left in it because of incompetent home chemists.
Yes, but EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT.

"Oh let's inject red phosphorous into our arms!"

Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Knows it, and knowns they don't even try to remove impurities, plus many users cook it themselves. But hey a little injected iodine and hydrochloric acid never hurt anyway. The really preposterous thing about it all is people can only make it so easily because weak codeine tablets do not require a prescription in Russia, which has seemingly been a known problem since the days of the USSR and never changed.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

There is a photo of the victim's face making its way across the interwebs and let me tell you it was horrible. One of my coworkers freaked us out with it on her iphone today.I wont post a link out of good taste...
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy