Casualties of War: US kills refugees

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Casualties of War: US kills refugees

Post by K. A. Pital »

US was hoped to be merciful to refugees. Instead, they killed refugees by firing a missile in their bus.
Casualties of war, what can I say?
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Shit happens in war. This sort of thing is to be expected. But overall even the Iraqi government its self is not claiming all that many civilian deaths. And when you consider that over a thousand cruise missiles have been fired and a similar number of heavy bombs dropped, most of them hitting targets in urban areas the numbers are extremely low.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Dark Primus
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Primus »

I heard a bus had been hit, killing 5, wounded 10 or something and that was in Jordania or Syria? And a witness blamed the coalition forces for it.
EAT SHIT AND DIE! - Because I say so

"Me Grimlock Badass" -Grimlock
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

I'd like a fucking link.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

You can check it on Al-Jazeera, I suppose. I've seen the video footage on both ORT, the prime Russian TV channel, and on C1 (a German cable channel).
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

Assalti Frontali
Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Post by Faram »

Ender wrote:I'd like a fucking link.
Here but it is in Swedish only.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/s ... 54,00.html
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

Stas Bush wrote:You can check it on Al-Jazeera, I suppose. I've seen the video footage on both ORT, the prime Russian TV channel, and on C1 (a German cable channel).
Al-Jazeera is not objective its run by fundies. :evil:
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Montcalm
Of course. :twisted: But it was found to be more truthful than the "great" CNN. If you like independent mass-media: come to Russia. Here are 2 gov-independent channels with reporters in Baghdad. Or any European country which has it's own independent news. ;)

Assalti Frontali
Dark Primus
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Primus »

Faram wrote:
Ender wrote:I'd like a fucking link.
Here but it is in Swedish only.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/s ... 54,00.html
Thank You.
EAT SHIT AND DIE! - Because I say so

"Me Grimlock Badass" -Grimlock
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

Stas Bush wrote:Montcalm
Of course. :twisted: But it was found to be more truthful than the "great" CNN. If you like independent mass-media: come to Russia. Here are 2 gov-independent channels with reporters in Baghdad. Or any European country which has it's own independent news. ;)
I have access to independant news in Canada. :P :lol:
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Montcalm
Why then, haven't you seen them a few hours ago? :?: They would have told about the bus.

Assalti Frontali
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

Why then, haven't you seen them a few hours ago? :?: They would have told about the bus.
I heard about the bus but they did`nt say anything an american missile hitting it. :?
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Uh... then it's not quite honest of them... :(

Assalti Frontali
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

Stas Bush wrote:Uh... then it's not quite honest of them... :(
But they did like the rest of the world they`ve shown the faces of the American POWs while on english channel they were blurred.
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Re: Casualties of War: US kills refugees

Post by MKSheppard »

Stas Bush wrote:US was hoped to be merciful to refugees. Instead, they killed refugees by firing a missile in their bus.
Casualties of war, what can I say?
We had a very heated discussion a week ago about Kirkiuk, between
Duchess of Zeon, me, and pretty much everyone on the board.

Duchess said those people fleeing Kirkuk were stupid because they'd
be on the roads when a war started...

Everyone else said: They're smart, getting out BEFORE the war starts
and when travel on the roads becomes dangerous...

Why couldn't these idiots have left during the buildup...
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

MkSheppard
Maybe because they love their country and hoped till the last moment everything would end peacefully.

Assalti Frontali
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Independent, owned by the government news?
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

It's not my place in life to make people happy. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to watch me slaughter cows you hold sacred. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to have your basic assumptions challenged. If you want bunnies in light, talk to someone else.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

It's a damn shame. Unfortunately war is a messy and deadly business. I hope the US will do whatever we can for such innocent victims. Such things happen, especially when the lines between civilian get blurred.
Alex Moon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Alex Moon »

Pentagon briefing going on. According to the Pentagon, the pilot of an american plane was bombing a target, a bridge or something, and the bus came into his sights after he had released the bomb. It seems to just have been an accident.
Warwolves | VRWC | BotM | Writer's Guild | Pie loves Rei
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

Alex Moon wrote:Pentagon briefing going on. According to the Pentagon, the pilot of an american plane was bombing a target, a bridge or something, and the bus came into his sights after he had released the bomb. It seems to just have been an accident.
The bus was reported to be in Syria. What are the Americans doing dropping bombs on Syrian bridges?
It's not my place in life to make people happy. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to watch me slaughter cows you hold sacred. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to have your basic assumptions challenged. If you want bunnies in light, talk to someone else.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Enlightenment wrote:
Alex Moon wrote:Pentagon briefing going on. According to the Pentagon, the pilot of an american plane was bombing a target, a bridge or something, and the bus came into his sights after he had released the bomb. It seems to just have been an accident.
The bus was reported to be in Syria. What are the Americans doing dropping bombs on Syrian bridges?
If it was close to the border they might have been bombing an Iraqi bridge and seen the bus in syria. There isn't a great big stripe on the desert floor saying syria | Iraq.
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

Stormbringer wrote:If it was close to the border they might have been bombing an Iraqi bridge and seen the bus in syria. There isn't a great big stripe on the desert floor saying syria | Iraq.
No but there should be a great big stripe on the pilot's map with one side marked 'free fire zone' and the other 'do not touch.' Since the advent of GPS it isn't not too much to ask for the pilots to know which country they're bombing.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

People die in war. Mistakes happen when they shouldn't.

So it goes.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Enlightenment wrote:No but there should be a great big stripe on the pilot's map with one side marked 'free fire zone' and the other 'do not touch.' Since the advent of GPS it isn't not too much to ask for the pilots to know which country they're bombing.
Mistakes happen.