Not in their name!

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

kojikun
BANNED

Not in their name!

Post by kojikun »

You know all of those people who walk around with signs saying "Not in our name!"? I say we go out, get them to write their names down, and then we declare that this war is not being fought in their names.

Hey, they can't bitch anymore.
Sì! Abbiamo un' anima! Ma è fatta di tanti piccoli robot.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

There were a lot of those people on the KSU campus. Some of them are so dense, they believe that we should give Al-Quida money, so they will leave us alone.

No, I'm not exaggerating.
JADAFETWA
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

I like that idea. Course there free to renounce their citizenship and move if they want to. Its win win for both sides.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Re: Not in their name!

Post by Stormbringer »

kojikun wrote:You know all of those people who walk around with signs saying "Not in our name!"? I say we go out, get them to write their names down, and then we declare that this war is not being fought in their names.

Hey, they can't bitch anymore.
Good idea. And we can send that list to Saddam on the side of a MOAB.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

IG-88E wrote:There were a lot of those people on the KSU campus. Some of them are so dense, they believe that we should give Al-Quida money, so they will leave us alone.

:shock:
*collapses*

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

IG-88E wrote:There were a lot of those people on the KSU campus. Some of them are so dense, they believe that we should give Al-Quida money, so they will leave us alone.

No way. What stupidity is this?
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

fgalkin wrote::shock:
*collapses*
Darth Yoshi wrote:No way. What stupidity is this?
I shit you not. Some of these people are completely ignorant.

One thought Bin Laden hates us because we support Isreal, who in turn opposes Yasser Arafat, HIS BROTHER.

Another was utterly certain that Iraq, Afghanistan, and Iran were in AFRICA.

Again, I shit you not, these are real people.
JADAFETWA
theski
Sith Marauder

Post by theski »

Higher education at its finest.. These are examples of our best and brightest... :lol:
Sudden power is apt to be insolent, sudden liberty saucy; that behaves best which has grown gradually.
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

.. words fail me
Nathan F
Resident Redneck

Post by Nathan F »

Sigh...

Sadly, while there are some smart anti-war people, the majority hold this mentality...
Axis Kast
Vympel's Bitch

Post by Axis Kast »

Tell them where they can send money to al-Qaeda. Then call the FBI. A little fun, no? Just kidding ...
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

IG-88E wrote: I shit you not. Some of these people are completely ignorant.

One thought Bin Laden hates us because we support Isreal, who in turn opposes Yasser Arafat, HIS BROTHER.

Another was utterly certain that Iraq, Afghanistan, and Iran were in AFRICA.

Again, I shit you not, these are real people.
GA! Idiocy of that level can't be fought with conventional logic based incendiary and fragmentation munitions.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Axis Kast
Vympel's Bitch

Post by Axis Kast »

It's actually fairly common for people not to be able to place Iraq, Iran, or Afghanistan on a map let alone name their capitals and leadership. I guarantee you that some of the people on this could not manage to do all that.

As for Osama Bin Laden? Millions of Americans against the war are now convinced that terrorists are owed some sort of "apology" and that we must back down and bow in shame to the Arab world in general. Embaressed by American power and terrified that people could actually hate us - and them -, protestors are worried that we need to become part of the international community in order to curry favor. They don't see that the one on top always gets the most abuse.
Next of Kin
Rabid Monkey

Post by Next of Kin »

Axis Kast wrote:As for Osama Bin Laden? Millions of Americans against the war are now convinced that terrorists are owed some sort of "apology" and that we must back down and bow in shame to the Arab world in general.
Hardly. As for myself, I saw the war against the Taliban in Afghanistan as a just cause. Unfortunately, the coalition of U.S., British, etc. never captured Mullah Omar or Bin Laden himself nor did they stamp out the threat of Al-Qaeda entirely.
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

It's actually fairly common for people not to be able to place Iraq, Iran, or Afghanistan on a map let alone name their capitals and leadership. I guarantee you that some of the people on this could not manage to do all that.
Iraq - West of Iran, North of Kuwait and Saudi Arabia, East of Jordan, Lebanon, and Israel, South of Turkey. Ruled by, ofcourse, Saddam Hussein.

Iran - Between Iraq and Afghanistan, South of former Soviet states (Azerbaijan and the like as well as Turkmenistan), North of the Persian gulf. Ruled by, I believe, Ayatollah Ali Hoseini Khamenei

Afghanistan - East of Iran, West of Pakistan, between the two, and south of former Soviet states, lead by Hamad Karzai

:)
Axis Kast
Vympel's Bitch

Post by Axis Kast »

Your personal viewpoint doesn't change anything, Kin.

Many Americans - at least a half-dozen to whom I've been exposed in school alone - are now convinced that we owe Iraq and Afghanistan a kind of apology and that Bin Laden can be best handled via placation.