US Soldier involved in attack on his comrades?

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

RogueIce
_______

US Soldier involved in attack on his comrades?

Post by RogueIce »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,81898,00.html
Fox News wrote:Sky News has reported that an American soldier is being questioned in connection to the attack.
Currently more details playing on the TV...

One of the soldiers on guard duty went missing when the attack began on a command tent in the 101st Airborne compound, he's currently being questioned after being found in a bunker shot in the leg. He's apparently a Muslim as well.

Is this is true, I'd be pissed as Hell. A soldier betraying his comrades like this? Grrrr... :evil:
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

If that guy was involved in it, I want him to burn.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

If he was part of it, the man should be shot at dawn.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Ender wrote:If that guy was involved in it, I want him to burn.
And horribly...especially if he's connected with terrorists... It's one thing if he just got mad at his commanders (happened before I'm sure), but if it's a terrorist act, burning oil is too good for him. If it's just the "mad at commanders" angle, then burning oil will suffice. :evil: :evil:
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

[CNN | MSNBC | Reuters] US Forces are currently questioning that soldier, no other details.
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

Must be a fuckhead who converted to Islam,even if he is in the American military i`m sure he consider this as a war against islam. :evil:
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Montcalm wrote:Must be a fuckhead who converted to Islam,even if he is in the American military i`m sure he consider this as a war against islam. :evil:
Either you are being exrtemely sarcastic, or you are an utter moron. Which is it?
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

Ender wrote:
Montcalm wrote:Must be a fuckhead who converted to Islam,even if he is in the American military i`m sure he consider this as a war against islam. :evil:
Either you are being exrtemely sarcastic, or you are an utter moron. Which is it?
remember the American taliban,if this soldier is involved in this he should be shot by the other soldiers. :?
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
Next of Kin
Rabid Monkey

Re: US Soldier involved in attack on his comrades?

Post by Next of Kin »

RogueIce wrote:He's apparently a Muslim as well.
Where does it say that in the article. Maybe I missed something. :?:
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Montcalm wrote:
Ender wrote:
remember the American taliban,if this soldier is involved in this he should be shot by the other soldiers. :?
I'm not talking about that, traitors deserve the fate they get. I'm talking about your massive generalization about how Muslims precieve things. Catholics didnt precieve the invasion of Italy in WW2 to be a war agaisnt Catholicism.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Ender wrote:Catholics didnt precieve the invasion of Italy in WW2 to be a war agaisnt Catholicism.
The Vatican's neutrality was respected during the Italian campaign. Though In the gap between Italy's surrender and the fall of Rome Vatican officials and churches where heavily involved in resistance activates. :)
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

Ender wrote:
Montcalm wrote:
Ender wrote:Either you are being exrtemely sarcastic, or you are an utter moron. Which is it?
I'm not talking about that, traitors deserve the fate they get. I'm talking about your massive generalization about how Muslims precieve things. Catholics didnt precieve the invasion of Italy in WW2 to be a war agaisnt Catholicism.
No but i recently heard that in the end of the 19th century the Italian told the pope not to get involved in Italian politics,a group of catholic fundies in Quebec started recruting an army to go protect the pope.
And also in WW2 most of french speaking quebecers though Hitler was right.
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
Ender wrote:Catholics didnt precieve the invasion of Italy in WW2 to be a war agaisnt Catholicism.
The Vatican's neutrality was respected during the Italian campaign. Though In the gap between Italy's surrender and the fall of Rome Vatican officials and churches where heavily involved in resistance activates. :)
Fine, a poor example then. It doesn't change the fact that he is being an utter asshat generalizing everyone of a particular faith like that.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

Ender wrote:
Sea Skimmer wrote:
Fine, a poor example then. It doesn't change the fact that he is being an utter asshat generalizing everyone of a particular faith like that.
Maybe i`m an asshat like you say but having seen the hipocrisy of catholicism in Quebec i can be quite sarcastic sometime,i grew up catholic but i`m feeling much better now :lol: :lol:
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

I think that many protesters may take him up as a martyr, morons that many of them are.
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

its a black guy, too, which my stir up some tension between white and black troops in the base.

*sigh* lets just hope hes got some mental illness or was doing something that impared his judgement, atleast then its not like it was a guy who actually wanted to kill people and might have had friends also wanting the same.

if there are OTHER troops, however....
Sì! Abbiamo un' anima! Ma è fatta di tanti piccoli robot.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

kojikun wrote:its a black guy, too, which my stir up some tension between white and black troops in the base.
I somehow doubt it.
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

kojikun wrote:its a black guy, too, which my stir up some tension between white and black troops in the base.

*sigh* lets just hope hes got some mental illness or was doing something that impared his judgement, atleast then its not like it was a guy who actually wanted to kill people and might have had friends also wanting the same.

Maybe he will use the post traumatic stress syndrome excuse as a defense :?
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

the pussy was on base. i doubt theres much traumatic stress when youre waltzing around a base full of your friends.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

its a black guy, too, which my stir up some tension between white and black troops in the base.
Not really. The armed forces tend to be much more integrated and less racist than society at large so I doubt it'll turn into anything like that.

I'd like to find out why exactly it happened that caused him to do it before we speculate. Especially given there are any number of more mundane reasons that could come under "resentment". Getting ripped from your family and home'll do it.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Possible, but it sounds like it's just some idiot that snapped after be up rooted from his family.
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

kojikun wrote:the pussy was on base. i doubt theres much traumatic stress when youre waltzing around a base full of your friends.
Well other possibility someone said a dumb thing that pissed him off so he took a grenade a threw it in :?
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Not very likely. Sure there will be one or two dumbasses, but the fact that everybody is going through the same hell and have to rely one everyone else to make it through tends to burn out that shit pretty well. It cultivates the "us versus them" mentality, so you all stick together and hunt down any backstabbers rahter then turn on each other.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Montcalm wrote:
kojikun wrote:the pussy was on base. i doubt theres much traumatic stress when youre waltzing around a base full of your friends.
Well other possibility someone said a dumb thing that pissed him off so he took a grenade a threw it in :?
It's possible he just snapped from being dragged away from his family. That'd do it to a lot of people.
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

stupid fuck shouldna joined the army if he didnt want to be taken away from his family.

ugh.