Suicide attack in Iraq!

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Suicide attack in Iraq!

Post by MKSheppard »

SHIIIIIT!

From BBC:

Iraq suicide attack kills four

Four people have been killed in a suicide bombing
at a checkpoint near the northern Iraqi town of Halabja.

The bomber drove up in a taxi and detonated the
device, killing himself and a journalist filming nearby.

The other dead were Kurdish peshmerga fighters.

Nine people who were injured have been taken to
hospital in Sulaymaniyah.

The area where the bombing happened is controlled
by an Islamist group known as Komola.

EDIT?: Journalist was Paul Moran, a Canadian cameraman per NPR.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
theski
Sith Marauder

Post by theski »

Let the martyring begin.. Hopefully an Isolated event or else the MPs will have to ever watchfull
Sudden power is apt to be insolent, sudden liberty saucy; that behaves best which has grown gradually.
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

Lets hope it is really an isolated attack,but the islamic fundies called for more bombings like this :?
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

It will only happen for so long until the armed troops over there start getting defensive.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Montcalm wrote:Lets hope it is really an isolated attack,but the islamic fundies called for more bombings like this :?
Yeah. Makes you wonder if maybe there aren't some of those terrorists in there. Not necessarily Al-Queda but Saddam does have ties to Palestinian-Lebanonese terrorists.
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

This is what you lot will have to <cough> look forward to <cough> for the duration of the New American Century that you'll be occupying Iraq.

I won't be so crass as to say 'I told you so' when the first occupation troops get blown up by a suicide bomber, so I'll say it in advance. I told you so.
It's not my place in life to make people happy. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to watch me slaughter cows you hold sacred. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to have your basic assumptions challenged. If you want bunnies in light, talk to someone else.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Australia lost a cameraman up north to a suicide attack earlier today...
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

What a shame. It will probably be impossible to stop such fanatics after Iraq is taken by US forces, and fanatics like them will probably be the biggest obstacle for a post-Saddam government.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi wrote:What a shame. It will probably be impossible to stop such fanatics after Iraq is taken by US forces, and fanatics like them will probably be the biggest obstacle for a post-Saddam government.
Indeed. It's damn shame that they're their own biggest problem.