Skimmer and Stas Bush

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Stas Bush wrote:
P.S. I feel really sorry for anyone who died and will die in this insane war. I feel sorry for having the same surname as the president of the US.
We have to stop the madness right now.
Right, so we can let the disintegrating dictatorship patch its self back together and continue on for another decade. Somehow that reminds me of a similar string of mistakes twelve years ago which led to the current war.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Sea Skimmer
Iraq is NOT a threat to anyone. Perhaps North Korea is more of a threat. But because it is MORE of a threat, no one attacks it.

Attacking a defenceless, hopeless contry is a coward act....
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Stas Bush wrote:Sea Skimmer
Iraq is NOT a threat to anyone. Perhaps North Korea is more of a threat. But because it is MORE of a threat, no one attacks it.

Attacking a defenceless, hopeless contry is a coward act....
And yet missiles come down on Kuwait while in a two month period American and British aircraft where engaged over 100 times by ground defenses, with fighter launches against reconnaissance drones and in one case a U-2 flying under UN colors. That led to a halt in such flights.

You consider Iraq hopeless? So why do you care what happens to it? Is it because you dislike the idea of America kicking out a dictator and rebuilding a country shattered by 20 years of conflict?
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

Sea Skimmer wrote:Is it because you dislike the idea of America kicking out a dictator and rebuilding a country shattered by 20 years of conflict?
What is it with you lot and the black and white fallacy? Sheesh.
It's not my place in life to make people happy. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to watch me slaughter cows you hold sacred. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to have your basic assumptions challenged. If you want bunnies in light, talk to someone else.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Sea Skimmer
America what? Rebuilds? Gee thanks. Even their leaders only say they're after Hussein (although abvious they're after political show and Iraq's oil).
Shattered by 20 years of conflict? Bring freedom? Oh-oh, the Iraq had no conflict in itself. It's a huge lie that all countries other than democracy suffer some kind of "conflict".

There is no conflict. No one in Iraq wants America's "help". In case - I've happened to be there (of course, some time ago). It's all fine there. No one needs agression with NO claims for it!
The USA didn't wait the final results. They spit on the opinion of the majority of nations. They spit on the opinion of the UN inspectors. This is simple bullying: "watch we kick this unarmed country to hell".

As for the rockets - oh, you obviously forgot none of them even hit a single target! Oh yess... I see... Iraq is a worthy opponent and a huge threat to the world (actually the most of the world's nations are against war, but that means nothing to Bush, I suppose).
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

Assalti Frontali
Pcm979
Rabid Monkey

Post by Pcm979 »

Can a mod split Stas Bush vs. Sea Skimmer into another thread please?
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Done.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Thanx. I would like to present something picked up at a local forum... :D
Kickin' in Iraq, by Kosh[EG]
Main cast:
U - USA
B - Inspector Blix
I - Iraq

U: We'll help u get rid of dictatorship!
I: (sleepy) Wha-a?
U: Well, uh... we'll disarm u and kill Hussein
I: What? Who do you think you are?! We'll keep Hussein for a while.
U: Hey, who do YOU think you are?! Disarm, bastards, now!
I: (confusued) Ahem, we're already have no weapons...
U: We'll check (turning to Blix) Blixie, come here... A, good dog, Blixie! Search!
I: Check out. We don't mind.
B: I got tired of checking! There's NOTHING!
U: Ah, you forgot those archbows. Their strings are too tight!
B: Oh, yes... What the fuck, Iraq?
I: Ah, it's an ocassion.
B: Burn it!
I: Immediately. No problem.
U: Blixie, what the fuck... You're for a year there and still nothing?
B: There is nothing!
U: And what's that plane?
I: Are you mad? It's a wooden planer model, made by a schoolboy!
U: No, basta, give us Hussein!
I: Fuck you.
U: Then the whole world will agree to bomb you!
World: He-eeeey... We disagree!
U: So ah so? Well, fuck you all, we're so cool, hoo hoo!
I: Please! The whole world asks!
U: Ah no, idiots, we want to help you overcome devastation!
I (shocked): What devastation????
U: What-what! Devastation caused by our bombs, of course! (aside) Ramsfeld, come on, give the bomb. Everyone's got tired of waiting...

Assalti Frontali
Sir Sirius
Sith Devotee
Location: 6 hr 45 min R.A. and -16 degrees 43 minutes declination

Post by Sir Sirius »

Pcm979
Rabid Monkey

Post by Pcm979 »

:lol:
Edit: It's funny even though it submits to the B&W fallacy.
Last edited by Pcm979 on 2003-03-21 08:38pm, edited 1 time in total.
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

...? It was stupid, wrong, and not exactly funny...
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Captain tycho
Has Elected to Receive

Post by Captain tycho »

:?
WTF?
Captain Tycho!
The worst fucker ever!
The Best reciever ever!
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

Im amused. of course, it doesnt relate to reality much at all, but its funny.

iraq is not a threat to the u.s. - but the regime is a threat to it's own people, and for partly that reason we're going in.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

That's the "official" reason the US is going there. It's the reason that's told to the media and the people, so they support it rabidly (didn't work that well as in the Cold War, with all the godless Commies and whatnot). But nobody in the rest of the world buys it.
theski
Sith Marauder

Post by theski »

Slartibartfast, That is such utter BULLSHIT :roll: Do you think you could at least one fact right.. Lets see at last count 40 nations involved in the war effort.. representing over 1.2 billon people and over 7 trillion dollars GNP.. every race and religion represented So the whole world doesnt agree :roll:
Sudden power is apt to be insolent, sudden liberty saucy; that behaves best which has grown gradually.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

40 countries?

Post by K. A. Pital »

Oh yes. Obviously their own people protest against war! We have seen multi-thousand demonstrations in New York!

STOP LYING and STOP KILLING.

Assalti Frontali
The_Nice_Guy
Jedi Knight

Post by The_Nice_Guy »

Who's lying, and who's killing?

Maybe you should tell Saddam that. I bet he'll listen to you, unlike evil old Bush! :lol:

The Nice Guy
The Laughing Man
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Oh yes... Obviously US government had a good job of brainwashing their citizens. Just like we were brain-washed bout everything in the USSR.

You seriously think Saddam is a threat? The ONLY country who can even think of ruling the whole world is US. And it's very bad that they DO think.
Iraq has no weapons, it was proven by the inspectors. They helped about everything. The UN is against.
But the most powerful country in the world spits on the UN, exactly as I said. Blood spilled for oil.

Saddam has no weaponry or outdated. If he had some mega-freakish weapons, the US would never attack him. They attack him because he's an easy prey.
What about North Korea? Oh, the USsers are afraid to attack. They know NC has weapons which can KILL. It's so easy to kick helpless, surrounded coutries, it's so easy!

You suggest that all the demonstations over the world were FOR Saddam? Idiots! No one has love for Saddam's regime, but it's the Iraq business, and Iraq made no illegal agression on independent countries, unlike the US>>>

Assalti Frontali
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Oh yes... Obviously US government had a good job of brainwashing their citizens. Just like we were brain-washed bout everything in the USSR.

You seriously think Saddam is a threat? The ONLY country who can even think of ruling the whole world is US. And it's very bad that they DO think.
Iraq has no weapons, it was proven by the inspectors. They helped about everything. The UN is against.
But the most powerful country in the world spits on the UN, exactly as I said. Blood spilled for oil.

Saddam has no weaponry or outdated. If he had some mega-freakish weapons, the US would never attack him. They attack him because he's an easy prey.
What about North Korea? Oh, the USsers are afraid to attack. They know NC has weapons which can KILL. It's so easy to kick helpless, surrounded coutries, it's so easy!

You suggest that all the demonstations over the world were FOR Saddam? Idiots! No one has love for Saddam's regime, but it's the Iraq business, and Iraq made no illegal agression on independent countries, unlike the US>>>

Assalti Frontali
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Iraq has no weapons, huh? I suppose you'll have a devil of a time explaining what they've been firing into Kuwait...

Why not attack North Korea? Could it be because a man who already has nukes is there, and therefore would blow the economy of the world to shit if provoked? Saddam would do the same, if he could. But let's ignore that. Let's listen to the protestors who think Saddam is a nice man..
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

Do you know WHY the Iraqi citizens don't protest? Becuase they are afraid of being shot by their own military.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

//Let's listen to the protestors who think Saddam is a nice man..//
Oh no again! NO ONE has love for Saddam or his regime. But it's THEIR business, not some freakish "WE ARE THE world order".
Saddam ATTACKS NO ONE and as long as his "cruelty" is in his sovereign state, he's INDEPENDENT!

Obviously americans like their own independence and scream a lot about it. But they don't respect others, neither the sovereigh state of Iraq nor the UN. I wonder, the UN also thinks Saddam is a good man? Or they just don't like
ILLEGAL AGRESSION?

It's not about Saddam - it's about how US are acting.

Assalti Frontali
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

I won't even dignify that with a response. Could you be more cookie-cutter?
Of course he's a potential threat; he's an asshole with WMDs and a grudge against the United States. He's the last place we're tied down in the Middle East.
Iraq has noweapons, it was proven by the inspectors. They helped about everything. The UNis against.
Like those nonexistent missiles they just fired at us?

Back up your "blood for oil" argument, please.
What about North Korea?Oh, the USsers are afraid to attack. They know NC has weapons which can KILL. It's so easy to kick helpless, surrounded coutries, it's so easy!
We don't NEED to attack N. Korea; it can be solved diplomatically. Your country and many others have an interest in dealing with N. Korea, and we're going to work with them to do it.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Maybe the reason why we are doing this is so that Iraq doesn't BECOME the North Korea of the Middle East. Did that thought occur to anyone? To all you peaceniks trying to say "Well what about North Korea." Its a different situation strategically, tactically and politcally. If you would like us to intervene and as such cause the deaths of hundreds of thousands if not millions of South Koreans go right ahead. Please be the first to cross that DMZ ass.

Iraq WANTS to be North Korea, they WANT to be immune from US retaliation because they can hold the region and the oil hostage. What the fuck does not register about that?

It seems that the peaceniks are like Trektards. They stand on several tried and true retarded arguments....Rawanda (Think Okuna Laser argument here) and North Korea (Transphasic torpedoes ownz joo) C'mon guys,m think of something original thats not so easy to smack down.

Oh, excuse me I was just watching a news flash about one of those nonexistenet Iraqi weapons that triggered an air raid siren in Kuwait. :roll:
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Kelly Antilles
Another brain-washed. I've been to Iraq and met the Iraqis. THEY are fine with Saddam. They are not PROTESTING. It's the common bullshit to say about ILLEGAL AGRESSION. It's ILLEGAL. Even if a Civil War is going on, no one calls US! I wonder why US didn't help the chechens in Chechnya. Obviously they were fighting against Russian tyranny! (grin) Oh-oh, so funny to hear such claims from someone probably never BEEN to a dictatorship country.
YOU don't KNOW ANYTHING of dictatorship. People LOVE dictatoships. If you attacked USSR and killed Stalin to "FREE" the Russian people from the tyrant, they would HATE you. You don't understand. Each country has the regime it deserves.

Assalti Frontali