Rant: Anti-War Protestors are idiots

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

I wasn't talking about the fact that he didn't get a majority vote, although perhaps I should have included that. I'm talking about the way his brother Jeb helped him cheat his way into office in Florida. Perhaps you forgot about that? Frankly, at the time, I was pretty ambivalent about Gore vs. Bush. They both seemed like they would be worthless do-nothing presidents. Had I known what I know now, I would have been more animated.
There was infact two or three area's in which such electorial fraud were alledged and not alway atributed to the Republicans. IIRC, most of the Florida election fraud has never panned out and is relegated to a bunch of pissed off Democrates talking shit. I am not saying two wrongs make a right, I just saying it is the political reality we live in and it does need to be changed. But bringing it up when your perfered side loses is dishonest. My side won (though I would have perfered a different choise of canidates) but I admit that the system is corupt as is.
No, not really. All politicians are dishonest, power-hungry, and self-serving, but not all have the combination of arrogance and stupidity that's quickly turning the whole world against our country
All politicians are arrogant, as is my observation. I have yet to see a humble politician. As for stupid, well one can point to his money and family as to how he got into Yale and Harvard, but in actualy graduating those institutions I have to believe the guy has some G2.
FYI, I'm not a Democrat so Clinton's mistakes are a red herring.
I never mentioned Clinton, but two different styles (as it were) of accomplishing a Presidency. No red herring.
Why are you responding to criticism of Bush by criticizing democrats instead of addressing the point?
I am adressing the point. You seem to think that Bush's action to take our military to war is some how unique and therefore damning to his legacy. His authorizing military action is hardly unique and therefore not an issue to his legacy. Weather or not the war is won/lost or is just/unjust will go towards his legacy but the actual action of military conflict will not.
He had special tax cuts for those who receive dividends.
And as far as I know, any American can get stocks. In fact most peoples retirement and savings are wrapped up in stocks in one form or another. This is hardly an example of tax cuts for the rich, since alot of Americans hold stock, both poor and rich.
Not at all. I'm not an ideologue. I hate Ashcroft because of the USA Patriot Act. I hate Cheney because he's a corporate criminal and a bastard. I hate Rumsfeld because he's a blatant liar and he's the son of a bitch who was instrumental in getting Saddam his WMD in the first place. I'm not pro-American, I'm not anti-American, I'm not anything. If I ever, ever find out through introspection or debate that I hold an opinion that's not based on evidence, research, and logic, I will either back it up or change it. Don't lump me in with the bleating sheep of this world.
I didn't say you were a sheep nor an ideologue. I said that you didn't like the above, for ideological reasons. Cheney is questionable, IMHO but not a bastard. Rumsfeld, well I like him and as of yet, seen footage of him presenting a nuke or other NBC items to Saddam. So if he is the reason for Saddam getting WMD, please post some proof. Again, I am not calling you pro American nor anti American so drop that line of shit.
It shouldn't have been there in the first place. Not even during McCarthy were these kinds of abuses formalized into law. This administration is just as dangerous to Americans as it is to the rest of the world.
Some parts are questionable and others are just being hyped by opponents of the current administration. Like it or not, its the system and the Judicial Review has yet to weed it out but probably will. They need to have someone who has been actualy 'damaged' first before it can go before the court.
It gets polarized. In the end it doesn't really matter though, the sheep of this world (liberal or conservative) will never amount to anything.
:D
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Sokar
Jedi Master

Post by Sokar »

NecronLord wrote:
Sokar wrote:Also, for thoes who have said that the US could not drop all its overseas economic commitments, your very right. However long before we would initialte isolation we would have been facing foriegn mass hostility for some time, and would have begun a staged economic and financial withdrawl for before the outbreak of true hostilities. These shifts in global and US attitudes does not happen overnight, nor would the establishment of hegemony.
So you blow your brains out SLOWLY You are still dead at the end of it.
No, you would just see the re-investment of that capital into industries within the borders of the United States. Im not saying there wouldnt be losses, but that give a bit of time we would adapt and continue.
BotM
Axis Kast
Vympel's Bitch

Post by Axis Kast »

It's also important to keep in mind that when the foreign community says that the United States is the "biggest danger to world peace," they do so in protest. "The United States," they say, "can invade and engage at whim and must therefore be evil and dangerous." It's an issue of opinion.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Sokar wrote:
NecronLord wrote:So you blow your brains out SLOWLY You are still dead at the end of it.
No, you would just see the re-investment of that capital into industries within the borders of the United States. Im not saying there wouldnt be losses, but that give a bit of time we would adapt and continue.
Economic lethergy is only very slightyl preferable to economic implosion. Trust me, there's a reason why no nations attempting Autarky (self sufficency) have ever succeeded, E.g. Mussolini's italy, and Hitler's germany had these same Ideas, they still needed many bilateral trade agreements. And their economies were truly unstable, Mussolini's went down the toilet, so did hitlers, though they did a good job of looking happy.

Guns or Butter Citizen, which will you have? Most people want butter, and will string you up from the hangin tree if they don't get it long enough.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Axis Kast wrote:It's also important to keep in mind that when the foreign community says that the United States is the "biggest danger to world peace," they do so in protest. "The United States," they say, "can invade and engage at whim and must therefore be evil and dangerous." It's an issue of opinion.
They don't say evil.

You've got to admit they're dangerous! haven't you seen all the hardware? The definition of dangerous IMO is able to do harm....
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Reasons why the anti-war protestors at my school are idiots:

Post by 2000AD »

1) They say they want education not war ... then skip lessons to protest.

2) They are so naive they think they can organise a walk out and expect the lower school (who are pretty much complete gits) not to anything other than watch. Riiiiiiiight :roll:

3) They call me a Nazi for supporting the war.

4) When i finally get tired of 3) and show them the core beliefs of Nazi's and how i never have believed any of them and have no intention of believing them, they call me a wannabe-Nazi! :roll:

5) They expect everyone to support their views and can't comprehend that someone may have a different opinion to them.

6) They ask the most visible pro-war person in the school (me) if they're going to the peace march.

7) They don't understand why people say they have double standards when they pull down any pro-war posters and things, despite putting up whole forests of posters and handing out tons of leaflets.
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Axis Kast
Vympel's Bitch

Post by Axis Kast »

You prove my point, Necron. Our identity as "the nation most threatening world peace" has very little to do with our actual intentions.

As for self-sufficiency? A system of Autarky reigned in South Africa until 1994. It was however the product of global condemnation, worldwide embargo, that region’s vast mineral wealth, and the existence of a laboring “underclass” as well as Old World wealth. In reality, the nation could barely sustain its own fuel consumption – via foreign trade, no less.

In my opinion, we need to raise selective tariffs for the steel, automobile, electronics, and aerospace industries (all strategic) while at the same time authorizing a series of rigorous inquiries into their failure to remain competitive. Within a year’s time, this inspectorate should be able to identify those corporations least able to adapt. The government will act subsequently to strip them of financial protection. This conditional, targeted protectionism should be supplemented by a relaxation of certain tariffs on “exotic goods” – in order to salvage international goodwill – as well as a more practical tax cut for small and developing business.
Nathan F
Resident Redneck

Re: Reasons why the anti-war protestors at my school are idi

Post by Nathan F »

2000AD wrote:<snipped list>
What friggen school do you go to, man?

Dang...

Hehe, I would just turn into some big redneck and pull a good ol' fashioned country boy arse-whooping on them if they called me a Nazi...
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Re: Reasons why the anti-war protestors at my school are idi

Post by 2000AD »

Nathan F wrote:
2000AD wrote:<snipped list>
What friggen school do you go to, man?
Dang...
Hehe, I would just turn into some big redneck and pull a good ol' fashioned country boy arse-whooping on them if they called me a Nazi...
Lawnswood school in Leeds.

The guy that calls me a Nazi is a Russian who is a self confessed communist. If i were to beat his ass down for calling me a Nazi repeatably, despite me proving i'm not, i'd be the one who got in trouble and he;'d get off scott free. Goddamn, school is lame! :evil:

Still, as i've said before, when they tried to organise their first walk out the teachers basically said "fuck off" in polite terms because they know the lower school will use any excuse to get out of lessons and be complete arseholes. :twisted:
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Re: Rant: Anti-War Protestors are idiots

Post by Durandal »

MKSheppard wrote:
Durandal wrote:I resent that. My sister has been to a number of anti-war protests at the University of Michigan and ... <gasp!> none of them turned violent! Wow! Could it be that the generalization is wrong? Ever think that the reason anti-war protesters are so pissed off is because the president unilaterally declared that he didn't give a flying fuck what they had to say, even when polls showed that 50% of the people were against war?
Hey, don't you mean 20%? :twisted:

HEHEHEH, 70% of the US supports our kicking Iraqi ass all over the place :twisted:
No, I mean 50%. The 70% support for the war has only come about in the past 12 days or so. People were protesting long before than, and when they were protesting, polls showed that the country was split 50/50 on whether or not they wanted to go to war. That was when Bush unilaterally declared that he was going to be an arrogant prick not only to the rest of the world, but to half his people, as well.
Kelly Antilles wrote:Excuse the fuck out of me for leaving out one goddamn word. MOST anti-war protestors are idiots. Good fucking god, why can't people read my goddamn post first before fucking going off on me.
You're not excused. I read your post before commeting and found it to be asinine ranting. Even your characterization that "most" anti-war protestors are idiots is totally unwarranted. How many protests have there been around the world? Lots. How many have erupted into violence? A few. That does not constitute "most." Please think before shooting your mouth off again.
And for the fuckups who are writing the fucking lists. Ever heard of LESSER OF TWO EVILS. Fuck no, I guess. We had NO FUCKING ONE to really vote for in the last election. It was either Clinton's lackey who would have just sat around with his thumb up his ass for 4-8 more years and we would have fallen into a deeper recession, or Bush, who should never have gone for a higher office than govenor.
Clinton's lackey vs. the Lacky of Corporate America. This is not a difficult choice, seeing as how Clinton's lackey could have managed to not lose a global popularity contest to Saddam Hussein, wouldn't have declared a "crusade," wouldn't have used terrorism as an excuse to crack down on civil rights, wouldn't have appointed a fascist attorney general, and wouldn't spend all his time appeasing corporate buddies. Al Gore was most definitely the preferable choice, at least on the international stage, where he had already garnered a great deal of respect. Instead, we have a semi-literate half-wit who sounds like the loser of a special olympics speech competition as the voice of America.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Nathan F
Resident Redneck

Post by Nathan F »

Will...not...chew...out...Durandal....
Ted
BANNED

Post by Ted »

Women ranting while on the rag is not a nice thing.
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

Nathan F wrote:Will...not...chew...out...Durandal....
Feel free to bring it on. If you're not going to say something, then don't bother informing me that you're not going to say something. Just shut the fuck up.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Nathan F
Resident Redneck

Post by Nathan F »

No, I am holding back, because I am already pissed (not at you, but because of an outside happening), and I will end up saying something just to piss people off and dig my own grave.

I gotta keep a level head when I debate, and this is not the time.
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

Nathan F wrote:No, I am holding back, because I am already pissed (not at you, but because of an outside happening), and I will end up saying something just to piss people off and dig my own grave.

I gotta keep a level head when I debate, and this is not the time.
Okay, fine.
Damien Sorresso

- The Onion
Raoul Duke, Jr.
BANNED

Post by Raoul Duke, Jr. »

Shameless self-promotion time!

See: http://www.caphector.com/dangerous/midnight.html
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

Ted wrote:Women ranting while on the rag is not a nice thing.
Ted, do me a favor.

You are a fucking hypocritical bastard. Don't you EVER say anything about me ever again.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Raoul Duke, Jr. wrote:Shameless self-promotion time!

See: http://www.caphector.com/dangerous/midnight.html
"Fuck Osama! Fuck Saddam! While you're at it, fuck your mom!"
LMFAO!!! :lol:
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Ted wrote:Women ranting while on the rag is not a nice thing.
Comming from the only male I know whose always having his period. :roll:

I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Colonel Olrik
The Spaminator

Post by Colonel Olrik »

Ted: shut the fuck up.

Everybody else: calm down.

Christ, where are my new mod powers :evil:
Kamakazie Sith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Kamakazie Sith »

Durandal wrote:
Kamakazie Sith wrote:You have an excellent point Durandal, but you directed it at the wrong person.

Kelly did not lump them all into one category. She said "Hey you anti-war nuts"

Meaning those that throw eggs on cars, and are otherwise fucking immature assholes.
I'd suggest reading her post subject again.

"Anti-War Protestors are idiots"

I resent that. My sister has been to a number of anti-war protests at the University of Michigan and ... <gasp!> none of them turned violent! Wow! Could it be that the generalization is wrong? Ever think that the reason anti-war protesters are so pissed off is because the president unilaterally declared that he didn't give a flying fuck what they had to say, even when polls showed that 50% of the people were against war? These people are getting desperate, and they want to be heard. Having the president of your nation brush you off isn't likely to calm people down.

Granted, while I may think that anti-war protests are a pointless display right now, they have the right to bitch if they want to. I'm going to protest by casting my vote to kick Bush's cowboy ass out of office next year.
No, perhaps you should read her actual post. Yes, her title generalizes all anti-war protestors, but the actual contents of her post make her position crystal clear. She is pissed off at those who would throw eggs on the cars of those who have very little to do with any of this, she even states that if you absolutely have to throw eggs throw them at Bushs car.......but not at some poor recruiter.

Your pissed off and you just want someone to snap at, you saw her title and it set you off you seem to have not even bothered to read her post which should have cleared any misunderstanding up.

So in ending, relax. Kelly gave her opinion about immature anti-war protestors. The fact that she wasn't specific in her title, but was specific in her post is not an excuse to bite her head off.
Milites Astrum Exterminans
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

Sorry Olrik. I resent being spoken about like that, however.

And Kamakazie, thanks. I appreciate you support.
XPViking
Jedi Knight

Post by XPViking »

Here's an interesting article that you all might be interested in. Some of you have alluded to its contents already.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/885222.asp

XPViking
8)
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might if they screamed all the time for no good reason.
Colonel Olrik
The Spaminator

Post by Colonel Olrik »

Kelly Antilles wrote:Sorry Olrik. I resent being spoken about like that, however.
Oh, Ted deserves the flame treatment, his little trollish comments are to be stepped on. If I already had my latent mod powers, I'd HOS his bullshit right away.
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Durandal wrote: No, I mean 50%. The 70% support for the war has only come about in the past 12 days or so. People were protesting long before than, and when they were protesting, polls showed that the country was split 50/50 on whether or not they wanted to go to war. That was when Bush unilaterally declared that he was going to be an arrogant prick not only to the rest of the world, but to half his people, as well.
Hey, it's called LEADERSHIP.

I'm reminded of the Wehrmacht colonel in Russia during Barbarossa
who found that his troops were so damn tired that they refused to
take a town despite orders to the contrary, and so he ended up
having to walk in front of them towards the town, and he was halfway
to the town before his troops roused themselves and charged
forward for their brave commander.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944