Monkeys and Land Mines

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Queeb Salaron
Jedi Council Member

Post by Queeb Salaron »

Death from the Sea wrote:
Alyeska wrote:Over in the Balkans the US would send herds of sheep over land mine fields. Worked wonders to clear up the ground.
Actually sending large herds of sheep would make more sense(than using monkeys) I think, they are much cheaper and a large enough herd would pretty much trample the whole area setting off any hidden mines.
And it would be fun as fuck to watch. One mine goes off, the all stampede until another one goes off, and they all stampede in the other direction... and then another one goes off...

...wait...

Do sheep stampede?
Proud owner of The Fleshlight
G.A.L.E. Force - Bisexual Airborn Division
SDnet Resident Psycho Clown

"I hear and behold God in every object, yet I understand God not in the least, / Nor do I understand who there can be more wonderful than myself."
--Whitman

Fucking Funny.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Queeb Salaron wrote:
Alyeska wrote:Over in the Balkans the US would send herds of sheep over land mine fields. Worked wonders to clear up the ground.
Actually sending large herds of sheep would make more sense(than using monkeys) I think, they are much cheaper and a large enough herd would pretty much trample the whole area setting off any hidden mines.
And it would be fun as fuck to watch. One mine goes off, the all stampede until another one goes off, and they all stampede in the other direction... and then another one goes off...

...wait...

Do sheep stampede?
:lol: :lol: :lol: Queeb you are a silly sick bastard! lol
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

Queeb Salaron wrote:

...wait...

Do sheep stampede?
I`m not sure but i think they do. :D
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
Queeb Salaron
Jedi Council Member

Post by Queeb Salaron »

I don't even think I've seen a sheep run. Scamper, maybe, but not run. Maybe they're just short-burst runners. But then, in a minefield that's probably for the best. It's not like they're going anywhere anyway.

"BAAAAA....BOOOOM!!!" >scamper< BOOM! >scamper< BOOM! >scamper<

>Roar of Laughter<
Proud owner of The Fleshlight
G.A.L.E. Force - Bisexual Airborn Division
SDnet Resident Psycho Clown

"I hear and behold God in every object, yet I understand God not in the least, / Nor do I understand who there can be more wonderful than myself."
--Whitman

Fucking Funny.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Re: Monkeys and Land Mines

Post by fgalkin »

Yogi wrote:http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=200 ... 4259-1443r

RABAT, D.C., Morocco, March 24 (UPI) -- A Moroccan publication accused the government Monday of providing unusual assistance to U.S. troops fighting in Iraq by offering them 2,000 monkeys trained in detonating land mines.

The weekly al-Usbu' al-Siyassi reported that Morocco offered the U.S. forces a large number of monkeys, some from Morocco's Atlas Mountains and others imported, to use them for detonating land mines planted by the Iraqis.

The publication quoted a highly-informed source as saying, "that is not a scientific illusion but a well-known military tactic."
Wait till PETA hears of this. :evil:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Nathan F
Resident Redneck

Post by Nathan F »

fgalkin wrote:

RABAT, D.C., Morocco, March 24 (UPI) -- A Moroccan publication accused the government Monday of providing unusual assistance to U.S. troops fighting in Iraq by offering them 2,000 monkeys trained in detonating land mines.

The weekly al-Usbu' al-Siyassi reported that Morocco offered the U.S. forces a large number of monkeys, some from Morocco's Atlas Mountains and others imported, to use them for detonating land mines planted by the Iraqis.

The publication quoted a highly-informed source as saying, "that is not a scientific illusion but a well-known military tactic."

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Hehehe.

Hmm, human lives, or monkey lives...

Lets think...
Next of Kin
Rabid Monkey

Post by Next of Kin »

IG-88E wrote:OOK OOK OOK. Go monkeys!
Monkeys prepare for battle!
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Nathan F wrote:
fgalkin wrote:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Hehehe.

Hmm, human lives, or monkey lives...

Lets think...
[PETA moron]
Well, this is a human war. There is no need to involve animals in wars. Animals are sweet innocent vegetarians, who are fuzzy, and smell nice. Sending them to detonate mines is committing genocide. Anyone who does this is a war criminal.

If the US needs to detonate mines, they could always train Iraqi children to do that, or send in the POWs first, so that they detonate the mines. That would be the right thing to do, becuase endangering animals is wrong. :roll: [/PETA moron] :twisted:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Next of Kin wrote:
IG-88E wrote:OOK OOK OOK. Go monkeys!
Monkeys prepare for battle!
That looks like the captain of my Paintball team! :shock:
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

No worse then Kuwait's landmine solution: 5000 Pakistani's, 5000 metal rods to poke the sand, one giant line walking slowly across the desert
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956