Republican Guard may have been Given orders to use CHEMICALS

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

they use chems, we use a tacnuke. . . what will the rest of the world do?
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

Enforcer Talen wrote:they use chems, we use a tacnuke. . . what will the rest of the world do?
Piss all over the Bush Admin., I'd guess. Massive protests, countries leaving the coalition ect. Its a lose/lose folks.
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

kojikun wrote:galks, i doubt anyone will blame the US if Iraq chems anyone. This would be total vindication, are you kidding?
They will say: "we were right. The US are imperialistic bastards. Their invasion caused thousands of civilian deaths, while the US forces sat behind their gas masks.", and US support will plummet.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

my worry is a few preemptive strikes on the other side. if they get the feeling our leader is insane, that would be. . .bad.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Enforcer Talen wrote:they use chems, we use a tacnuke. . . what will the rest of the world do?
I doubt we'd go nuclear. Too much to lose.
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

Yeah. kiloton tacts in the desert have little to no risk, really, but anything heavier, especially near baghdad, will kill countless civilians and leave even more injured.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

I dobut NK will do anything. China and Russia have an interest in containing it.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

The CBS story linked by MKS currently reads:
U.S officials tell CBS News Correspondent David Martin that the Iraqis have drawn a red line on the map around Baghdad, and once American troops cross it, the Republican Guards are authorized to use chemical weapons.
Authorization, not orders.

It's time for me to issue another 'I told you so.'
It's not my place in life to make people happy. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to watch me slaughter cows you hold sacred. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to have your basic assumptions challenged. If you want bunnies in light, talk to someone else.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

kojikun wrote:Yeah. kiloton tacts in the desert have little to no risk, really, but anything heavier, especially near baghdad, will kill countless civilians and leave even more injured.
Just using a nuke would start a huge international incident. We wouldn't do it.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Enlightenment wrote:The CBS story linked by MKS currently reads:
U.S officials tell CBS News Correspondent David Martin that the Iraqis have drawn a red line on the map around Baghdad, and once American troops cross it, the Republican Guards are authorized to use chemical weapons.

*phew*

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

If the republican guards use chemical weapons on Bagdad the highly objective Al-Jazeera may say the Americans did it :? :evil:
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

Just using a nuke would start a huge international incident. We wouldn't do it.
'Nukes? What nukes? We didnt use a 10 kiloton nuclear tipped guided missile to destroy a cloud of chlorine gas..'
The CBS story linked by MKS currently reads:
Quote:

Please allow my to kiss you. ::kiss::
kojikun
BANNED

Post by kojikun »

If the republican guards use chemical weapons on Bagdad the highly objective Al-Jazeera may say the Americans did it
wouldnt fucking doubt it. why havent we 'accidentally' blown up the Al Jazeera transmitters yet? Or gotten some pro-American nutcase to do it?
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Montcalm wrote:If the republican guards use chemical weapons on Bagdad the highly objective Al-Jazeera may say the Americans did it :? :evil:
Then, it will be shown on ORT, and the next hing we see is Stas making a thread called:

AMERICA GASSES BAGHDAD: HUNDERDS DEAD. :roll:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

Stormbringer wrote:
Darth Garden Gnome wrote:Eh, is it windy in Iraq? Shit.... :?
From all the reports it sames to be. And a nice flat plain too. This is gonna get messy.

Lets hope and pray that no Scuds with gas go flying Israels way.
Oh, please let PAC-3 keep on working. I know some of the engineers on that project, and they'll feel guilty if a SCUD gets through after all the work they did getting the upgrades to work. Not to mention Israel may well go ballistic if Iraq fires on them again.
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

kojikun wrote:'Nukes? What nukes? We didnt use a 10 kiloton nuclear tipped guided missile to destroy a cloud of chlorine gas..'
Nuclear blasts leave telltale signs. The US won't be able to nuke Iraq and cover it up for any length of time.

If Saddam uses gas then the nukes will come out. That was the position during Gulf War II and it's unlikely to have changed now.
It's not my place in life to make people happy. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to watch me slaughter cows you hold sacred. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to have your basic assumptions challenged. If you want bunnies in light, talk to someone else.
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

Enlightenment wrote:The CBS story linked by MKS currently reads:

Told us what? Last I checked the whole world said it was unwarranted, that they didnt' have shit. Now we get close to the prize and surprise!!! Chem plants, chem weapons, human sheilds. WTF?!? This should have been delt with a long time ago and it wasn't. Now the US moves in against the rest of the world's popular consensus on the grounds that we're wrong, they're right, Sadam has nothing. Ruh Roh. Russia and China aiding them with illegal equipment. Oh wait, according to Russia's pres, they didn't do anything. RIIIIGHT. Guess what folks, what stopped us from getting the job done 12 years ago, aint there to stop us this time. The US was right, everyone else was wrong. There's a big pile of shit over there, and our boys and girls are trudging through it now. Good luck over there, come back safely!!! ¤§¤

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

DG_Cal_Wright wrote:Told us what? Last I checked the whole world said it was unwarranted, that they didnt' have shit.
:roll: I'm sorry, you must have mistaken me for someone else.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Enlightenment wrote:
kojikun wrote:'Nukes? What nukes? We didnt use a 10 kiloton nuclear tipped guided missile to destroy a cloud of chlorine gas..'
Nuclear blasts leave telltale signs. The US won't be able to nuke Iraq and cover it up for any length of time.
I've got to agree with that. If nukes fly the world will know and there'll be no hiding it.
Enlightenment wrote:If Saddam uses gas then the nukes will come out. That was the position during Gulf War II and it's unlikely to have changed now.
It's possible the nukes will come out. I think a lot will depend on how they're used.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

I think this thread can be un-Announce-ified?
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

phongn wrote:I think this thread can be un-Announce-ified?
Yeah. It can be.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Stormbringer wrote:
phongn wrote:I think this thread can be un-Announce-ified?
Yeah. It can be.
Why was it announcified in the first place?

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

Stormbringer wrote:Yeah. It can be.
And could you change the thread subject while you're at it? Don't want to give any passing readers heart attacks.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

fgalkin wrote:Why was it announcified in the first place?
Because at the time it was rather important news. Now it seems a lot less likely.
Enlightenment wrote:And could you change the thread subject while you're at it? Don't want to give any passing readers heart attacks.
It has been done.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

DG_Cal_Wright wrote:
Told us what? Last I checked the whole world said it was unwarranted, that they didnt' have shit.
No, the argument was Iraq was not a threat, and that's still true. If everyone thought they didn't have WMD- why did they vote for inspections 15-0, hmmm?
Now we get close to the prize and surprise!!! Chem plants, chem weapons, human sheilds. WTF?!?
Don't tell me you're doing the good ol "justify an attack with what might happen if we attack" trick?
This should have been delt with a long time ago and it wasn't.
I don't get it. We should have invaded him a long time ago, because look at what happened when we invaded :?
Now the US moves in against the rest of the world's popular consensus on the grounds that we're wrong, they're right, Sadam has nothing.
No, the opinion of the Security Council was that the case had not been made for war, and that inspectors would suffice. I reiterate for the umpteenth time, 1441 said nothing about war.
Ruh Roh. Russia and China aiding them with illegal equipment. Oh wait, according to Russia's pres, they didn't do anything. RIIIIGHT.
Got evidence? No? Didn't think so. Considering the amount of BS flowing from the mainstream media, I'd like to see some actual evidence first. Can we say aluminum tubes, forged documents, and plagiarized uni paper? The equipment could also have been sold to a third party, and then been sold to Iraq- if indeed there is any equipment at all (Metis-M, Kornet-E ATGMs are what it'd take to convince me).
Guess what folks, what stopped us from getting the job done 12 years ago, aint there to stop us this time. The US was right, everyone else was wrong. There's a big pile of shit over there, and our boys and girls are trudging through it now. Good luck over there, come back safely!!! ¤§¤
What did stop the US 12 years ago anyway? Buggered if I know.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/