The 2016 US Election (Part IV)

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Patroklos
Sith Devotee

Re: The 2016 US Election (Part IV)

Post by Patroklos »

I am looking forward to the humble pie served to Nate Silver's. The worship he gets, on this board too, was ridiculous.
cosmicalstorm
Jedi Council Member

Post by cosmicalstorm »

Wow is he winning? I slept because of Swedish time so I just looked at this stuff. They said on the TV it was almost impossible for HRC to secure a win.

I thought he would come Close but not make it in the end (because of demographics, rigged voting machines etc.)

So interesting to see two versions of reality do battle with each other. I was insulted, especially by Flagg, for even suggesting he might Possibly win.
SolarpunkFan
Jedi Knight

Post by SolarpunkFan »

Highlord Laan wrote:So. How much damage can Il Douche and the nazi-lite party do in four years?
Considering that we're a nuclear power? Human extinction.
Seeing current events as they are is wrecking me emotionally. So I say 'farewell' to this forum. For anyone who wonders.
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

I honestly doubt that Trump's policies will be of any actual benefit to the majority of the people who voted for him, so given the current trend I suppose I'll have to settle for some admittedly delicious schadenfreude for the next 4 years.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

Mormon Country just went to Trump, no surprise there.

If Michigan goes to Trump, then I think Clinton will concede defeat. AK and AZ are probably going to Trump, and even if Clinton got all three NH, ME, and IA, it still won't make up for the loss of Michigan.
Block
Jedi Council Member

Post by Block »

Highlord Laan wrote:So. How much damage can Il Douche and the nazi-lite party do in four years?
Hmm, a lot. It'll probably depend on how obstructionist the Senate decides to be and if they get a supermajority.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

Patroklos wrote:I am looking forward to the humble pie served to Nate Silver's. The worship he gets, on this board too, was ridiculous.
What humble pie, he's been pushing for weeks that Trump had a real shot, he gave Trump higher odds than just about everyone else.
Atia
Youngling

Post by Atia »

Well the supreme court is most certainly going to swing further right for another twenty or so years.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

The Vortex Empire wrote:
Patroklos wrote:I am looking forward to the humble pie served to Nate Silver's. The worship he gets, on this board too, was ridiculous.
What humble pie, he's been pushing for weeks that Trump had a real shot, he gave Trump higher odds than just about everyone else.
Specifically he was in a big online fight about how he was giving Trump a 30% chance of winning vs the other guys who gave him a .5% to 2% chance to win.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

Post by Napoleon the Clown »

Atia wrote:
Well the supreme court is most certainly going to swing further right for another twenty or so years.
Also, the ACA is fucked.
Sig images are for people who aren't fucking lazy.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Tbh I think most of the damaged will in Europe not USA, as Trump win will seriously embolden Russia, at least the Military build up this will cause in the Eastern European countries will not be good for the economy.

Oh and I can pretty much promise that global reputation USA will be permanently ruined by a Trump presidency.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Patroklos
Sith Devotee

Post by Patroklos »

The Vortex Empire wrote:
His shtick is he has accurately predicted so and so many elections. No longer.
Patroklos
Sith Devotee

Post by Patroklos »

PA just flipped red on a few sites I am tracking.
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Smells like brexit Mk.II. Shoulda gone with Bernie.

Better luck next time, though I suppose todays lesson will be entirely forgotten and there will be another pro neoliberal/globalist candidate trotted out by the democrats next time too. I wonder if the center-left parties in europe will take this hint of their futures and change their politics, or if we're destined for our own trumps to come. I am not positive for the future...
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

So nice to see stupid people fucking over the entire country. Again. But hey, at least the people spoke. It was for a wannabe fascist, grandstanding snake oil salesman, but he at least was willing to pander to their stupidity in public.

On the other hand, I'm going to point and laugh at the drones that would go red even if the candidate were to hand out copies of Mein Kampf once Il Duce fucks up interacting with other world leaders. The next four years are going to be the geo-political equivalent of watching a monkey try to fuck a football.

Main downside is that it's going to be we non-multibillionaire folk paying for it.

My main hope now is that Il Duce puffs up, gets in Putins face, and ends up with a busted jaw.
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Post by GrandMasterTerwynn »

Block wrote:
Hmm, a lot. It'll probably depend on how obstructionist the Senate decides to be and if they get a supermajority.
The GOP won't get a supermajority. But then again, it doesn't really have to. It simply has to hold party discipline tightly enough to eliminate the filibuster and the rules requiring a supermajority vote for things like Supreme Court justices. Basically, the GOP just won complete control of the country for at least a generation ... an outcome one could've guessed at seeing the expansion of GOP power in the state legislatures and governor's chairs.
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

GrandMasterTerwynn wrote:
Block wrote:
The GOP won't get a supermajority. But then again, it doesn't really have to. It simply has to hold party discipline tightly enough to eliminate the filibuster and the rules requiring a supermajority vote for things like Supreme Court justices. Basically, the GOP just won complete control of the country for at least a generation ... an outcome one could've guessed at seeing the expansion of GOP power in the state legislatures and governor's chairs.
Thanks, boomers!
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Well how does an Empire die? One way is to elect garbage leaders like trump. I doubt anyone will take "American World Leadership" seriously for quite some time. Nationally I just hope federal lands across the west don't get transferred to state control or sold off in general. That's a movement in Utah and other states and I see a Trump Secretary of Interior and Republican congress going for it, you know to bring back coal or whatever. And Speaking of that any slim hope of global cooperation on Global Warming is dead. Say hello to Cambrian Mass extinction level event.
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

My biggest concern is that this election will be setting America back on course for more state-sponsored anti-LGBT bigotry. Not to mention the Repubicans will attempt to disembowel Planned Parenthood. Someone else mentioned the ACA above, yes Obamacare is truly fucked. So is the makeup of the Supreme Court. Trump will likely get to fill Scalia's seat and if Ginsburg, Breyer or Kennedy retire or die during his term, he'll fill those too.

Skynet just looks better and better...Terminator machine overlords would be better than Donald fucking Trump.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

His Divine Shadow wrote:Smells like brexit Mk.II. Shoulda gone with Bernie.

Better luck next time, though I suppose todays lesson will be entirely forgotten and there will be another pro neoliberal/globalist candidate trotted out by the democrats next time too. I wonder if the center-left parties in europe will take this hint of their futures and change their politics, or if we're destined for our own trumps to come. I am not positive for the future...
Tbh honest I dout we'll have to worry about any Trump like candidates, I can pretty much promise that Russia will take this as opportunity to destablize all countries all it's western border with exception of Belarussia turning it's sight on Poland instead.

so You'll get the rivers of blood and anarchy you wished so much.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Patroklos
Sith Devotee

Post by Patroklos »

PA is over 90% reported the candidates are within 2000 votes of each other. Crazy close.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Well, my optimism has been raped and murdered. I'd like to say it's Russian hackers, but America is this fucking stupid. And I can't even leave because I'm disabled. Hopefully if Rapist Donnie Douchebag is actually elected the Democratic minority will obstruct him like a dozen balloons full of heroin in a drug mules gut. But that would require a spine.

Can we have Dubya back? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Fuck you America. :finger:
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Post by GrandMasterTerwynn »

Looks like NH just edged over to Clinton. If PA and MI flip to Clinton and everything else stays as is, then if I'm reading the map right ... the best Clinton can hope for is an electoral college tie, which might as well be a Trump win.
Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

Post by Napoleon the Clown »

The Democrats were too fucking stupid/myopic to run and nominate a candidate that actually did well with unaffiliated voters. Again.
Sig images are for people who aren't fucking lazy.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Napoleon the Clown wrote:The Democrats were too fucking stupid/myopic to run and nominate a candidate that actually did well with unaffiliated voters. Again.
Come on Napoleon, Debbie Wasserman Schultz told me that Clinton was a shoe in. And VS Trump! How can she lose?

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton