Iraq Body Count Database.

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

jegs2
Imperial Spook

Post by jegs2 »

Stormbringer wrote:
MSNBC News wrote:Civilians struck
An Iraqi comforts a friend at a site allegedly hit by coalition missiles Wednesday in Baghdad, reportedly leaving at least 14 people dead and dozens injured. The missiles crashed into a building occupied by a car mechanic's garage on the ground floor and private apartments on the upper floors at 11:30 a.m. Baghdad time.
An important word there is allegedly. And that is on the list despite the unconfirmed ownership of the missle.

Three hundred civilian casulaties maximum is damn impressive considering the sheer numbers. Mistakes will happen because whatever else, there's humans involved. There's never been a war of this magnitude waged so surgically.
Interesting that you bring that up. On the way home from work, I was listening to NPR, which certainly is no right-wing news organization, and they were talking to civilians in Baghdad who witnessed the explosion in the market. The civilians did not believe Iraqi government claims that the US had struck them on purpose.
John 3:16-18
Warwolves G2
The University of North Alabama Lions!
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Queeb Salaron wrote:
fgalkin wrote:
Is that so? Well, explain this next link:

http://www.msnbc.com/c/0/145/640/ssMain ... N280145640
What part of his answer didn't you get?

Grow a brain, moron.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Look, it just seems to me that there are a lot of stories about civilians being killed and injured. And considering the website specifically listed civilian deaths... I dunno. How can anyone in their right minds say that 300 dead people is "very good"? It just seems to me as though there are certain Americans (particularly in the military) who don't care who fills the bodybags, so long as they're emaciated and brown.
Read his posts he did not say that 300 dead people is very god. he said that there are ONLY 300 people dead, as opposed to the thousands who died in the first Gulf War is good.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
jegs2
Imperial Spook

Post by jegs2 »

Queeb Salaron wrote:Look, it just seems to me that there are a lot of stories about civilians being killed and injured. And considering the website specifically listed civilian deaths... I dunno. How can anyone in their right minds say that 300 dead people is "very good"? It just seems to me as though there are certain Americans (particularly in the military) who don't care who fills the bodybags, so long as they're emaciated and brown.
You may want to talk to people who are in the military then, for you seem to have a warped view of what we believe.
John 3:16-18
Warwolves G2
The University of North Alabama Lions!
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Look, it just seems to me that there are a lot of stories about civilians being killed and injured. And considering the website specifically listed civilian deaths... I dunno.
Yes there have been. There doesn't seem to be much at all to them, at least if you mean Coalition troops doing it.

I won't pretend civilians haven't died but only an idiot would claim we're being reckless about it or deliberately targeting civilians.
How can anyone in their right minds say that 300 dead people is "very good"? It just seems to me as though there are certain Americans (particularly in the military) who don't care who fills the bodybags, so long as they're emaciated and brown.
Three hundred dead is certainly bad. But compared to any other war in history that was waged on this scale it's relatively bloodless for civilians. Especially given the packing of targets into civilian neighborhoods.
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

Queeb Salaron wrote:
fgalkin wrote:

Grow a brain, moron.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Look, it just seems to me that there are a lot of stories about civilians being killed and injured. And considering the website specifically listed civilian deaths... I dunno. How can anyone in their right minds say that 300 dead people is "very good"? It just seems to me as though there are certain Americans (particularly in the military) who don't care who fills the bodybags, so long as they're emaciated and brown.
At least they are doing the maximum to keep it low,we can`t say the same if an invading arab army would openly attack the US,they would not target military instalation but cities and slaughters civilians by the millions. :x
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

jegs2 wrote:Interesting that you bring that up. On the way home from work, I was listening to NPR, which certainly is no right-wing news organization, and they were talking to civilians in Baghdad who witnessed the explosion in the market. The civilians did not believe Iraqi government claims that the US had struck them on purpose.
Given some of the other reports out of Iraq I'm not suprised. The Iraqi people are familiar with just how dishonest the Iraqi government is and they're no doubt aware of just how few of them would be alive if we really were attacking them deliberately.
Nathan F
Resident Redneck

Post by Nathan F »

Queeb Salaron wrote:
fgalkin wrote:

Grow a brain, moron.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
You been watching Iraqi TV?

Dude, grow a brain...
Nathan F
Resident Redneck

Post by Nathan F »

By the way, when you say that whoever in the military is just a brainless warmongering killer, then I am taking that personally.

My father is military, and I really do not appreciate him being referred to as that.

As I previously stated, grow a brain to process the crap you spew from your mouth.
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

Look, it just seems to me that there are a lot of stories about civilians being killed and injured.
Because people like you harp on every single event and make it into the fucking Armenian holocoust.

You are ignoring the thousands of precisely targetted bombs for the five or six that went astray. That's an astonishingly good ratio and it is vastly lower than anything else in the history of modern warfare. 300 dead civilians is not good, but it's a whole lot better than what it could be!
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Queeb Salaron
Jedi Council Member

Post by Queeb Salaron »

Hmm... Apparently I'm not up on my soldier-to-civilian war casualty ratio. I'll have to reconsider my position. Thx.
Proud owner of The Fleshlight
G.A.L.E. Force - Bisexual Airborn Division
SDnet Resident Psycho Clown

"I hear and behold God in every object, yet I understand God not in the least, / Nor do I understand who there can be more wonderful than myself."
--Whitman

Fucking Funny.