Iraqi SCUDs.

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

MKSheppard wrote:SOMETHING was intercepted by our Patriot PAC-3s, and it most certainly wasn't a radar ghost. :roll:
Al Massud/Al Massud II. Not Scuds.

That is, of course, unless you believe the Pentagon is lying in a situation where it is to their advantage to claim that the Iraqis have shot scuds.
It's not my place in life to make people happy. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to watch me slaughter cows you hold sacred. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to have your basic assumptions challenged. If you want bunnies in light, talk to someone else.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Enlightenment wrote:Al Massud/Al Massud II. Not Scuds.
They're still missles he shouldn't have had.
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

Stormbringer wrote:
Enlightenment wrote:Al Massud/Al Massud II. Not Scuds.
They're still missles he shouldn't have had.
Yes, and? You can't use this argument to say that inspections are useless (as you said upthread) because the Al Massud II missiles were known to the inspectors and slated to be destroyed before Shrubby told Saddam that the world was too small for the both of them.
It's not my place in life to make people happy. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to watch me slaughter cows you hold sacred. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to have your basic assumptions challenged. If you want bunnies in light, talk to someone else.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Enlightenment wrote:Yes, and? You can't use this argument to say that inspections are useless (as you said upthread) because the Al Massud II missiles were known to the inspectors and slated to be destroyed before Shrubby told Saddam that the world was too small for the both of them.
He shouldn't have had them to begin with. You're treating them as if he had every right to have them, he doesn't. In this case the inspectors and US pressure worked and I'm not claiming Al-Massuds are a failure of the UN inspectors. Those comments were in regards to the allegged Scuds.