'human shields' realize saddam deserves to die

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

'human shields' realize saddam deserves to die

Post by Col. Crackpot »

http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=200 ... 3627-5923r
A group of American anti-war demonstrators who came to Iraq with Japanese human shield volunteers made it across the border today with 14 hours of uncensored video, all shot without Iraqi government minders present. Kenneth Joseph, a young American pastor with the Assyrian Church of the East, told UPI the trip "had shocked me back to reality." Some of the Iraqis he interviewed on camera "told me they would commit suicide if American bombing didn't start. They were willing to see their homes demolished to gain their freedom from Saddam's bloody tyranny. They convinced me that Saddam was a monster the likes of which the world had not seen since Stalin and Hitler. He and his sons are sick sadists. Their tales of slow torture and killing made me ill, such as people put in a huge shredder for plastic products, feet first so they could hear their screams as bodies got chewed up from foot to head."
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

That's the problem with half these peaceniks. They forget that Saddam is an evil bastard.
Warspite
Jedi Council Member

Post by Warspite »

Someone has been slapped with reality. Idiots.
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/ ... iggado.jpg[/img] "You know, it's odd; practically everything that's happened on any of the inhabited planets has happened on Terra before the first spaceship." -- Space Viking
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Link doesn't work

I'm both annoyed and glad for this. I'm glad that some idiots finally gain a bit of sense, and I'm annoyed that some idiots didn't get Darwin awards.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Sea Skimmer wrote:Link doesn't work

I'm both annoyed and glad for this. I'm glad that some idiots finally gain a bit of sense, and I'm annoyed that some idiots didn't get Darwin awards.
i cleared mny cache and it works for me
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

Perhaps we should send all of the anti-war protestors there then.

Still, I'm sure some of them think Saddam is an asshole that needs to be removed from power, but believe a peaceful solution would be better.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi wrote:Perhaps we should send all of the anti-war protestors there then.

Still, I'm sure some of them think Saddam is an asshole that needs to be removed from power, but believe a peaceful solution would be better.
I think most people would have preffered a peaceful solution but when it came down to it war was the only option that would actually work.
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

Difference between them and the marching peaceniks, is they now have a clue. Everyone has their opinion, and it's thier right to protest what they believe wrong. But come on, the human shield thing happened a few weeks ago, and they still want to protest?

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am