Which News Channel is the most credible?

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Which is the most credible?

MSNBC
24%
CNN
41%
Fox News
34%

Total votes: 29

Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Captain tycho wrote:I don't bother with either of them; I just watch BBC world.
WORD!!!!!

British people telling news= good.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

I tend to go with the BBC, as there is little political slant on the immediate reporting, and over time they prove to have gotten the news right on the first try more often than the others (no attempts at sensationalism and 'first scoop' that can lead to reporting things incorrectly). That said, their war coverage is pretty British-centric right now, which is grating as during the original Gulf war and other conflicts they have always been even handed in coverage. So I tend to cover both the BBC News 24 and Sky news to get a comprehesive picture (and CNN when I need a laugh).

However BBC World Service does a better job than it's TV counterpart.
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

I don't receive any of them except for CNN, and BBC but only from 1700 to 700 the rest of the time there's some stupid fucking music channel.
Supermod
Lord Sander
Padawan Learner

Post by Lord Sander »

I get Dutch & Belgian news, the BBC, and CNN, and out of those I mostly watch the BBC. (I also get German and French, but I don't speak either)
Dutch & Belgian news is accurate but too slow, CNN is damn quick but not always accurate and has a nauseating pro-American slant, so the BBC is a good compromise of speed, accuracy, and no heavy slants either way.
Lord Sander,
"Oderint dum metuant"
Glory to the Empire and Emperor Palpatine!