Rebuilding without the UN

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

jegs2
Imperial Spook

Rebuilding without the UN

Post by jegs2 »

I guess we'll have to occupy and rebuild Iraq without UN support and approval too. Oh well, I expected no less... Is the UN good for anything any more (other than blocking all interests of the US)?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/2873701.stm
John 3:16-18
Warwolves G2
The University of North Alabama Lions!
Pu-239
Sith Marauder

Re: Rebuilding without the UN

Post by Pu-239 »

jegs2 wrote:I guess we'll have to occupy and rebuild Iraq without UN support and approval too. Oh well, I expected no less... Is the UN good for anything any more (other than blocking all interests of the US)?

Well maybe we'll need them to run the oil for food program

ah.....the path to happiness is revision of dreams and not fulfillment... -SWPIGWANG
Sufficient Googling is indistinguishable from knowledge -somebody
Anything worth the cost of a missile, which can be located on the battlefield, will be shot at with missiles. If the US military is involved, then things, which are not worth the cost if a missile will also be shot at with missiles. -Sea Skimmer

George Bush makes freedom sound like a giant robot that breaks down a lot. -Darth Raptor
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Re: Rebuilding without the UN

Post by Dahak »

jegs2 wrote:I guess we'll have to occupy and rebuild Iraq without UN support and approval too. Oh well, I expected no less... Is the UN good for anything any more (other than blocking all interests of the US)?

They *want* the re-building to happen under direct UN jurisdiction. They don't want USA/UK to run the show.

As is stated here: "Mr Chirac said France would reject any moves that "would legitimise the military intervention and would give the belligerents the powers to administer Iraq".
"That would justify the war after the event," he said,..."

In other news, the EU won't help in the rebuilding of Iraq unless there's a UN resolution legitimizing the war.
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

*shrugs* Sounds like they (UN) are painting themselves into a corner. If the French and their ilk continue to distance themselves from the other 40 or so countries that suppost this agenda, they will continue to diminish their own significance or will have to allign themselves with another group of people who think as they do.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Pu-239
Sith Marauder

Post by Pu-239 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vympel: I don't anyone to EVER put ten million smilies in a reply again, of any kind.

ah.....the path to happiness is revision of dreams and not fulfillment... -SWPIGWANG
Sufficient Googling is indistinguishable from knowledge -somebody
Anything worth the cost of a missile, which can be located on the battlefield, will be shot at with missiles. If the US military is involved, then things, which are not worth the cost if a missile will also be shot at with missiles. -Sea Skimmer

George Bush makes freedom sound like a giant robot that breaks down a lot. -Darth Raptor
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

MKSheppard wrote: *snip*
Great pic. Now we don't have to say anything :D

Cyaround,
Jason
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
EmperorChrostas the Cruel
Rabid Monkey

Post by EmperorChrostas the Cruel »

Damn Shep, you are coming up with some awesome pics!

THIS is why we don't want you to leave!
Hmmmmmm.

"It is happening now, It has happened before, It will surely happen again."
Oldest member of SD.net, not most mature.
Brotherhood of the Monkey
theski
Sith Marauder

Post by theski »

Fuckin A I know no cheerleading, but Fuckin A nice PIC!!
Sudden power is apt to be insolent, sudden liberty saucy; that behaves best which has grown gradually.
Xenophobe3691
Sith Marauder

Post by Xenophobe3691 »

Well Shep, that pic says everything. Thank you :twisted:
Dark Heresy: Dance Macabre - Imperial Psyker Magnus Arterra

BoTM
Proud Decepticon

Post 666 Made on Fri Jul 04, 2003 @ 12:48 pm
Post 1337 made on Fri Aug 22, 2003 @ 9:18 am
Post 1492 Made on Fri Aug 29, 2003 @ 5:16 pm

Hail Xeno: Lord of Calculus -- Ace Pace