Kick-off!

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Kick-off!

Post by weemadando »

After the US and UK spec ops had little bit too much fun overnight I've been following the news, the planes are laden and airborn, the troops are in their final marshalling areas near the border.

I give it 40 minutes to official kick-off time. (noon AEDT).
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

28 minutes now, though it seems that the deadline may actually have been 8:15 EST to be at the end of Bush's speech rather then the beginning, in which case its 43

If the plan is to go tonight the skies over Kuwait and the Gulf should be slowly filling with tankers though most attack aircraft are likely still on the ground. Depends on if cruise missiles are being fired to hit at the deadline or being fired at the deadline or somtime inbetween.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

'Tis officially eight 'o clock here in Michigan. I don't happen to have CNN availible (my mom has absolutley NO interest in current events, apparently), so keep me updated if anything happens. I'm wishing our men and women in the service good luck. Go fight the good fight guys!
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

20:28 GMT -5 and the Imperial minons have yet to strike in the name of God and Empire.
It's not my place in life to make people happy. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to watch me slaughter cows you hold sacred. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to have your basic assumptions challenged. If you want bunnies in light, talk to someone else.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Enlightenment wrote:20:28 GMT -5 and the Imperial minons have yet to strike in the name of God and Empire.
Silence mortal fool! The Glorious Empire of Bush and his high priest Rumsfeld shall make the sun of goodness rise over Iraq yet!
jegs2
Imperial Spook

Post by jegs2 »

Don't hold your breath for an attack tonight.
Last edited by jegs2 on 2003-03-19 08:22pm, edited 1 time in total.
John 3:16-18
Warwolves G2
The University of North Alabama Lions!
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

weemadando wrote:Silence mortal fool! The Glorious Empire of Bush and his high priest Rumsfeld shall make the sun of goodness rise over Iraq yet!
Just hope the 'sun of goodness' doesn't consist of buckets of instant sunshine.
It's not my place in life to make people happy. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to watch me slaughter cows you hold sacred. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to have your basic assumptions challenged. If you want bunnies in light, talk to someone else.