Brazilian Elections (Come for a laugh) (56k Beware)

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Re: Brazilian Elections (Come for a laugh) (56k Beware)

Post by Dartzap »

I was mildly confused as to why Richard Osman, George Galloway and Mick Jagger were trying to be elected in Brazil for a brief moment. (second, third and fifth images in OP)

It's our own election next year, doubt it'll be quite so full of character!
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Spekio wrote:Also, why am I unable to embed videos? Then I could show you (past election's) Bin Laden, Elder Robin and Double Entendre Gay Man.
Take the s out of https and it will work.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Rycon67
Worthless Trolling Palm-Fucker

Post by Rycon67 »

Just out of curiousity, how have the elections for President been impacted so far since the death of one candidate in a tragic plane crash a week or so ago?

I've heard that his party will nominate a replacement, but will that have any impact in the polls?
Spekio
Jedi Knight

Post by Spekio »

Rogue 9 wrote:
Spekio wrote:Also, why am I unable to embed videos? Then I could show you (past election's) Bin Laden, Elder Robin and Double Entendre Gay Man.
Take the s out of https and it will work.
Thank you. I will do so.
Rycon67 wrote:Just out of curiousity, how have the elections for President been impacted so far since the death of one candidate in a tragic plane crash a week or so ago?

I've heard that his party will nominate a replacement, but will that have any impact in the polls?
They already did. The announced replacement, Marina Silva, is already campaigning. Since everyone is a saint when they die, it really boosted her numbers, probably taking her to the second round (when only the first and second placed candidates contend if the first is not ahead by a large margin), displacing Aécio Neves.

Still, it's too early to tell if people will remember Campos' death when election day comes, however.
Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

Spekio wrote:Well, TV is a State concession.... commercialization of that TV time has been tried and quashed before.
What I mean, why you don't have say sausage producer run under 'best meat' name and air election ads featuring mostly his products? Here, people would already try that.
But if you went insane in politics before you, we perfected it. I just saw a guy running as "Daddy - The one you can trust", and in 2012 there was a Bin Laden.
Yeah, sadly, worst we can offer are simple insane fundies or people changing name to someone famous, we can't really match that :wink:
Welf wrote:
Irbis wrote:Funny that, had anyone copy that party idea in Germany they would be next election winners with 111% of national vote :lol:
I think that party would maybe get 4,0%-5,2%. But still more than in the USA.
In country with Bavaria? Lies! 8)
Spekio
Jedi Knight

Post by Spekio »

Considering the first round of elections is this very sunday, let's return to the great spectacle of democracy of my country's elections.

You know Neymar, you love Neymar. This is his cover.

Bin Laden.

Super Zefa, once more. She uses the word ostentation in a lampoon to Ostentation Funk, something analogue to Rappers that talk about money.

Caju (Cashew) Man. Probably something to do with his penis, I do not know.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHU2zuUaGoI[/youtube]

Some guy vomiting in your screen. Cutting edge social commentary.

Brazil's first pole-fitness teacher. I think his claim is dubious.

This guy does not translate well, but manages to wear fingerless gloves and make references to Dragon Ball Z, Bleach, Street Fighter and Saint Seya in his pitch.

Remember the clown? Here is his latest video. Two girls with his numbers on their asses.

The honest candidate. His pitch:

- I promisse to improve my life, that of my friends and family if I get elected.

Another Spider Man. Damn Peter, lay off the crack pipe.

Cyborg.

Crocodile Dandi.

Elder Robin.

I would not let this man near my kids.

Anderson Snow White.
Welf
Padawan Learner

Post by Welf »

I love Brazil.
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

Random question. If batman wins does that mean that robin gets to be his deputy by default regardless of the vote?
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

Spekio wrote:Image

Anderson Snow White.
Dude's hand in hand with the people. Y'know, the little people.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Spekio
Jedi Knight

Post by Spekio »

And this is is the Jingle to Kid Bengala. Bengala means cane. He has a 33cm penis.

"33 is his number"

"It's the biggest one I've ever seen"

"The hope grows"

"The tripod of the population"

There is more surreal material, but it is less pronounced, like this guy, who does his pitch straight, then does a little dance in the end.

Or this one who decided to demonstrate that he stands against our crappy mobile phone system by smashing a cellphone with a hammer.

The really juice stuff comes out in 2 years, with the municipal election.
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

Spekio wrote:"The tripod of the population"
This thread really just keeps delivering.
Spekio wrote:The really juice stuff comes out in 2 years, with the municipal election.
[Home Alone Kid Alarmed Face!]

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Welf
Padawan Learner

Post by Welf »

Spekio wrote:And this is is the Jingle to Kid Bengala. Bengala means cane. He has a 33cm penis.

"33 is his number"

"It's the biggest one I've ever seen"

"The hope grows"

"The tripod of the population"
Good marketing. I will remember that number forever.
Spekio wrote:Or this one who decided to demonstrate that he stands against our crappy mobile phone system by smashing a cellphone with a hammer.
At least he shows commitment. Someone who smashes a cell phone is more likely to fight for better cell phone connections than someone who doesn't even do that.

I really want to move to Brazil. THe only thing that keeps me from it is my family, friends, career and my distaste for crawling insects.