EU considers taking over Greece

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Logicomix
Redshirt

Re: EU considers taking over Greece

Post by Logicomix »

Thanas wrote: Goldman Sachs is not a German company. BTW, I posted the very link on this board myself. This does nothing to back up your claim of this being some kind of conspiracy. So thanks to indeed conceding that Greece lied, with the help of a US company.
You conspiracy nuts are amusing. Everything you can't -or refuse to understand- you dismiss as conspiracy. The worst part is that you don't even know the meaning of the word. Anyway...I did not "concede to anything; I speak only the truth and the truth is that the Greek government lied to and deceived the Greek people more than anyone else. Greeks never wanted to abolish the drachma and enter the Eurozone in the first place. In fact, it was Germany that pressured Greece to enter the EMU.
Because Greece falsified its economic growth data to get in, not its debt.
So you change your argument now? This is not what Goldman Sachs [GS] did though, is it? GS and a handful of Greek government officials "cooked" the books to "reduce Greece's foreign denominated debt" NOT to falsify growth indicators. Which means that you just conceded to my argument that the whole GS deal is inconsequential.
You can't even make up your mind about WHAT "Greece" supposedly lied about. I think you need to figure out what YOU want to lie about before you vomit your propaganda.
Goldman Sachs details 2001 Greek derivative trades
These transactions i.e. between Greek officials and GS, reduced Greece's foreign denominated debt in euro terms by 2.367 billion euros and, in turn, decreased Greece's debt as a percentage of GDP by just 1.6%, from 105.3% to 103.7%.
In short, the whole deal with Goldman Sachs was and is of little importance. Germany knew about the bad economic state of Greece and yet it pushed for Greece's entry into the EMU. Why? According to you because "Germany was too idealistic at the time".
What a load of shit. Germans ought to keep their idealism in check; the last time they got carried away by their idealism they gave the world the Third Reich.

p.s
-I never said that Goldman Sachs was a German company.
-I'm done with you. Don't even bother answering.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Re: EU considers taking over Greece

Post by Thanas »

Logicomix wrote:
Thanas wrote: Goldman Sachs is not a German company. BTW, I posted the very link on this board myself. This does nothing to back up your claim of this being some kind of conspiracy. So thanks to indeed conceding that Greece lied, with the help of a US company.
You conspiracy nuts are amusing. Everything you can't -or refuse to understand- you dismiss as conspiracy. The worst part is that you don't even know the meaning of the word. Anyway...I did not "concede to anything; I speak only the truth and the truth is that the Greek government lied to and deceived the Greek people more than anyone else. Greeks never wanted to abolish the drachma and enter the Eurozone in the first place. In fact, it was Germany that pressured Greece to enter the EMU.
a) The only one confused about the meaning of the word conspiracy is you.
b) You have been asked to back up your argument several times. You have yet failed to provide a single source that Germany pressured Greece to enter the EMU.

Because Greece falsified its economic growth data to get in, not its debt.
So you change your argument now? This is not what Goldman Sachs [GS] did though, is it? GS and a handful of Greek government officials "cooked" the books to "reduce Greece's foreign denominated debt" NOT to falsify growth indicators. Which means that you just conceded to my argument that the whole GS deal is inconsequential.
You can't even make up your mind about WHAT "Greece" supposedly lied about. I think you need to figure out what YOU want to lie about before you vomit your propaganda.
Only an idiot like you would think that way. But fine, let us just talk about the greek Government falsifying the state of the budget.

Germans ought to keep their idealism in check; the last time they got carried away by their idealism they gave the world the Third Reich.
Fuck off, troll.
p.s
-I never said that Goldman Sachs was a German company.
Logicomix, a few posts above wrote:Are you referring to the deal with Goldman Sachs (German founded, US company)?
Why yes, you are correct. You mainly claimed it was a deal with a "German founded, US company", in your vast desire to attribute everything of the current woes of Greece to a grand teutonic conspiracy. How long until you claim Germany also personally threatened every Greek official with death until they would oh so reluctantly cook their books for their own personal gain? Hey, maybe, when your PM was calling corruption a national disease of Greece Angela Merkel was standing behind him with a Heckler&Koch?

Fact is that your corrupt little country thought that ít could pull a fast one on the EU and it did. Now the jig is up.
-I'm done with you. Don't even bother answering.
Don't let the door hit you on your way out, little crybaby.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs