What if the Federation hadn't been such a bunch of wimps?

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Nobody
Youngling

Post by Nobody »

WHAT was THAT from, dare I ask?? :shock:
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

What if the Federation hadn't been such a bunch of wimps?

Post by VF5SS »

...then we couldn't make fun of them.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Crossover_Maniac
Padawan Learner

Post by Crossover_Maniac »

I would do research into phase cloaks for torpedos. They would launch from a federation star ship, phase cloak, and decloak once it was inside the target vessel, and explode.
"Nietzche is dead"-God
T-1000
Padawan Learner

Re: Heh...

Post by T-1000 »

Anonymous wrote: Yup, It's much better than running around behind his back. But he did chew you out pretty good about it. :D
*shrug* Well, you can't win them all.
Look not to the hands of God for the keys to your salvation, but to your own hands. And if they are not there, search your pockets, or the kitchen table. Think. Where did you leave them last?
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

If the UFP was as militaristic as - let's say the Klingon Empire - I think they won't have a big chance of winning, but they would still be much stronger than they currently are.

It would for example mean that their troops would be equipped with flak armour, heavy weaponry such as mortars, and their battleships would be more compact - ie. no "living room" quarters, holodecks or room for the crew's families*!!

If the UFP went the full way and also became philosophically and ethically more... erm... klingon-ish, they would also get rid of the Prime Directive!! (a rule which the Klingon Empire NEVER would subscribe to... at least if they live up to their outrageous boastfulness about their courage and chivalry!**)

*Unless some of the crewmembers are married to each other, but they
form an extreme exception!
**However, the Klingon Empire has often done something which was anything but chivalrous. In Errand of Mercy, they took an entire town hostage. In ST6, they even developed a warship capable of firing while cloaked if I recall correctly, and the officer commanding over this warship was not hesitant to use it!![/i]
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Admiral Griffith
Youngling

Post by Admiral Griffith »

I'd imagine they'd have a fleet of reasonable warships, not those screwed up little exploratory vessels(!)
It is not well for one to trifle in the affairs of the ancient Chinese generals, for they have a tendency to send armies of tens of thousands of warriors after those who challenge them.
ImageImageImageImageImage
EmperorChrostas the Cruel
Rabid Monkey

Post by EmperorChrostas the Cruel »

The one thing the Feds could do, would be to geneticly "upgrade" ALL Fed citizens to super man status, and let capitalism rear its "ugly" head. (If you only upgrade a few, or most, you will get the Eugenics war galaxy wide, or Gattica)The resulting synergy and coresponding rise in technology AND productivity would be awesome. Genetic mods must breed true, and be dominant as well. That way, even if they lose, they win. At this point are they still Humans, or something else? Can humans be modified to be more powerful conduit of the Force? If Dr. Bashir was more powerful with the force than the Emperor, would Vader even have a chance? :?
Hmmmmmm.

"It is happening now, It has happened before, It will surely happen again."
Oldest member of SD.net, not most mature.
Brotherhood of the Monkey
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Emperor Chrostas the Crue wrote:The one thing the Feds could do, would be to geneticly "upgrade" ALL Fed citizens to super man status, and let capitalism rear its "ugly" head. (If you only upgrade a few, or most, you will get the Eugenics war galaxy wide, or Gattica)The resulting synergy and coresponding rise in technology AND productivity would be awesome. Genetic mods must breed true, and be dominant as well. That way, even if they lose, they win. At this point are they still Humans, or something else? Can humans be modified to be more powerful conduit of the Force? If Dr. Bashir was more powerful with the force than the Emperor, would Vader even have a chance? :?

How will they get the force? They're all force blind.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Rabid Monkey

Can Betaziod style telpathy be included in the upgrade package? We know that breeds true. Can the Force be as well? Talk about synergy! It would be very hard to beat someone faster, stronger, smarter, just as ruthless, with the Force AND mind reading in his arsenal. Asum :shock: ing his industrial base is up to the task.
Hmmmmmm.

Rabid Monkey

Are they truly Force blind, or do they see it other terms?.. A rose by any other name, ect. Besides, if the Empire is even halfway inclusive and capitalistic as thought, the "genees" would eventualy be in charge of all but the very top. Losing to the Empire might be a good thing. Sooner or later, a genee, would get the Force, then the Empire would be even stronger. Or maybe the Force would tell the Emperor of the value of the upgrades, and the Emperor himself would be the first to get the "full " upgrade package. Practical immortality can be added to the "bundle". Once proven safe, what kind Of Emperor would turn down such mods? The LAST one! :lol: IE previous, not no more to follow.
Hmmmmmm.

Rabid Monkey

If the Empire is truly full of human norms like us, there has to be individuals in Fed space that use the Force, they just might not know what it is. :wink: Or care to stand out.
Hmmmmmm.

Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

What if they call it something different?
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:Go away troll. Wait, Endgame isn't in ST:X Nemesis, it wouldn't help anyways because all it is is torpedoes that rely on borg technobabble shields and some dumb armour. The doomsday machine is dead! Kirk killed it about 100 years before Voyager tech and when the debate takes place. It doesn't matter if all SW movies suck or win every award their is in a debate
I always wanted to use this.

A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Zoink
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zoink »

Federation starships would be equiped with independant transport inhibitors in all key areas of the ship, like the bridge and engineering. So, if the shields fail, an enemy boarding party can't beam to these locations. Or, key personel can't be kidnapped.

Chairs would have seatbelts to prevent falling out (especially shuttlecraft).

Starship personnel would wear protective gear to prevent injury/death when their panel explodes. This gear would also have an emergency life support system.

Starfleet captains would follow rule stated in StarTrek II, that all ships must raise shields if communication has not been established.

Captain Picard would have destroyed the borg (or at least tried) by using Hugh. That way, he wouldn't be responsable for every single death caused by the borg from that point onward.
Kamakazie Sith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Kamakazie Sith »

Zoink wrote: Captain Picard would have destroyed the borg (or at least tried) by using Hugh. That way, he wouldn't be responsable for every single death caused by the borg from that point onward.
I personally loved the grilling Admiral Naechaev(sp?) gave Picard in a later episode.
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Zoink wrote:Starship personnel would wear protective gear to prevent injury/death when their panel explodes. This gear would also have an emergency life support system.
Wouldn't it be easier just to make the console umm... I don't know... not explode?
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

Darth Yoshi wrote:
Zoink wrote:Starship personnel would wear protective gear to prevent injury/death when their panel explodes. This gear would also have an emergency life support system.
Wouldn't it be easier just to make the console umm... I don't know... not explode?
shh..... we don't need to give idiot trekkies adivce.... :twisted:
User099
Village Idiot

Post by User099 »

HOW ABOUT A MORE FAIR FIGHT?!?!
For 1 thing an Imperial vs Federation fight to bein with is unfair. to eve GETthe whole conflict you'dhave to change "history" and erase the rebellion, etc.
what about this = The federaton by sme ungodly manner was as big as the Empire, ie spanned the entire galaxy.
because quite franly asking ST-to-the-dot Federation vs SW-slightly-changed Empire is like pitting Mike Tyson with laser beam eyes vs a 3 year old in a baby crib. How about making it even -- duplicate fed tactics, ships, etc, so that they span a galaxy instead of onesmall cornerof the milky way. THE what wuldyouget?
I love Mr. Wong. I jack off to his picture every night.
Zoink
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zoink »

Darth Yoshi wrote: Wouldn't it be easier just to make the console umm... I don't know... not explode?

I was assuming that Star Fleet ship designers were not COMPLETE idoits. So I assumed that non-exploding panels were not an option :)
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

User099 wrote:HOW ABOUT A MORE FAIR FIGHT?!?!
For 1 thing an Imperial vs Federation fight to bein with is unfair. to eve GETthe whole conflict you'dhave to change "history" and erase the rebellion, etc.
what about this = The federaton by sme ungodly manner was as big as the Empire, ie spanned the entire galaxy.
because quite franly asking ST-to-the-dot Federation vs SW-slightly-changed Empire is like pitting Mike Tyson with laser beam eyes vs a 3 year old in a baby crib. How about making it even -- duplicate fed tactics, ships, etc, so that they span a galaxy instead of onesmall cornerof the milky way. THE what wuldyouget?
If this was a more fair fight, then you wouldn't have the GE versus the Feds, now would you?

I'm sorry, you're so stupid, you don't even get to be called a troll. You get the title "RETARDED MONKEY." It sadden's me that I'm 99.9% gentically related to you. Just like everybody else.
Hey Thawn/Sheridan/whatever, can you change this person's sig to "SD.net's offical 'to stupid to be a troll.'" for me?