Yuuzhan Vong vs. Star Trek

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Kamakazie Sith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Kamakazie Sith »

Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:On a ship to ship bases, it's like battlecruisers. Both have weapons that will destroy each other easily. ST shields will be blown away by Vong weapons, however NDF will murder the rock hulls of the Vong.

However the Vong will win. Speed and Numbers.
Then it comes down to numbers. The Vong Starfleet will eventually have to engage major UFP worlds, and they would no doubt run into a UFP taskforce.
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

The Borg are located way beyond the Feds range - they cant possibly attack Borg space.

The NR deserved to die and the Vong saw to it.
Kamakazie Sith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Kamakazie Sith »

TheDarkling wrote:The Borg are located way beyond the Feds range - they cant possibly attack Borg space.

The NR deserved to die and the Vong saw to it.
Exactly why is that? The Vong have FTL travel equal to that of the NR, they will be able to reach Borg space very easily.
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

YV sensors are also at least as good as NR sensors, so how are the Feddies going to get to the nursery world? They come close, and the Vong'll lay the Smackdown on the Feddies, especially since Warp is so slow.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

Kamakazie Sith: I was saying why the Feds cant attack the Bord in answer to Sir Nitram.

Darth Yoshi: Vong sensors suck (a sun can block them out), at least three convert missions to Vong nursery worlds have been sucessful - a cloak would be overkill.
Kamakazie Sith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Kamakazie Sith »

TheDarkling wrote:Kamakazie Sith: I was saying why the Feds cant attack the Bord in answer to Sir Nitram.

Darth Yoshi: Vong sensors suck (a sun can block them out), at least three convert missions to Vong nursery worlds have been sucessful - a cloak would be overkill.
Ahh my mistake.
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

More evidence of the ECM capabilities of SW ships than the shittines of Vong sensors. Besides, can the Feddies spot something in close proximity to a star? More importantly, can they do anything about the said object? The Vong can.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Secularism—since AD 80
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

Luke came up with a theory that Vong sensors dont react unless a ship starts making panicked moves - sort of like animals detecting prey.

However im not convinced about Vong sensors being that good and if they are just use the Subtrans TM (What a lovely device :) )
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

What's that?
Secularism—since AD 80
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

Ah the Subspace transporter - beats shields and is affective from at least 3 LY - its a beauty I tell ya.
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Spiffy. Does it rely on sensors like regular transporters? Because if it does, then some basic ECM will neutralize that avenue of attack.
Secularism—since AD 80
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

Ah but the beauty is beaming up needs sensors but just dropping off a bomb can be done blind - however there is a risk on it ending up inside something (less risk on a planet , beam it 10 m above ground and detonate).

Can the Vong do em jamming? since they have the entire no tech thing all their jamming seems to rely on the black holes which need to be up close to jam.
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Got me there.
Secularism—since AD 80