Questions for fanfic

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Alien-Carrot
Youngling

Questions for fanfic

Post by Alien-Carrot »

I'm going to be writing a SW/ST crossover, and i need two pieces of information for the first chapter.

Will a standard imperial shuttle fit in the Enterprise E's shuttlebay.

And what was the name of the lead scientist at the Maw cluster. (not Qui Xux)

I can't seem to find any information on the Maw Instalation personell except for Daala and Xux. And no site anywhere seems to have a size chart for Star Trek shuttlebays.
2.2E32 joules of planet shattering kaboom
Base Delta Zero
Padawan Learner

Re: Questions for fanfic

Post by Base Delta Zero »

Will a standard imperial shuttle fit in the Enterprise E's shuttlebay.
Almost certainly not, it's perhaps an order of magnitude larger.
And what was the name of the lead scientist at the Maw cluster. (not Qui Xux)
Bevel Lemelisk (sp?) was the lead engineer on the Death Star project. He was executed for the whole 'exhaust port' debacle, though.
Darth Wong wrote:If the Church did driver training, they would try to get seatbelts outlawed because they aren't 100% effective in preventing fatalities in high-speed car crashes, then they would tell people that driving fast is a sin and chalk up the skyrocketing death toll to God's will. And homosexuals, because homosexuals drive fast.
Peptuck wrote: I don't think magical Borg adaptation can respond effectively to getting punched by a planet.
lord Martiya
Jedi Master

Post by lord Martiya »

Base Delta Zero wrote:Bevel Lemelisk (sp?) was the lead engineer on the Death Star project. He was executed for the whole 'exhaust port' debacle, though.
I remember that Bevel Lemelisk was too intelligent to dispose permanently of him and that Palpatine forced his soul in a cloned body after that error.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

To be specific, he was excecuted and revived by Palpatine in his life-transfer experiments.

Repeatedly.

He was "What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?" pissed off...
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Was not Lemelisk ultimately executed by the Rebellion for war crimes?
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

I seem to recall that his last words were recorded as "Just get it right this time."
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Pretty much, yeah. That's what I was talking about. Not sure where that appears in the EU, though.

On topic though, Lemelisk may have been the head scientist at the Maw Instillation at one time, but not at the time it was introduced into the EU. I vaugely recall that the head guy was a Twielik (spelling?) and that his name began with the letter T, but I wouldn't want to bet on anything more detailed than that.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

harbringer
Padawan Learner

Post by harbringer »

http://techspecs.acalltoduty.com/shuttles.html

this has the specs for trek shuttles not sure how accurate they are but should give a good idea on the size of a shuttle bay. and below is the imperial Lambda....

http://www.starwars.com/databank/starsh ... index.html

as you will no doubt notice the Lambda actually has twice the length of the type 9 shuttle which I'm guessing is what equips the Ent-E.

You could just put a hole in a cargo bay??
"Depending on who you talk to, a mercenary can be anything from a savior to the scum of the universe. On the Wolf's Dragoons world of Outreach, the Mercenary's Star, we know what a merc really is - a business man." - Wolf's Dragoons, Outreach (Merc World mag. 3056)
Darth Hoth
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Hoth »

NecronLord wrote:To be specific, he was excecuted and revived by Palpatine in his life-transfer experiments.

Repeatedly.

He was "What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?" pissed off...
Seven times, to be precise.

As I recall it, though, it was hardly experimental; that would not have made sense in any case, using a key scientist for such things. He was just being a sheer fucking sadist.

I am, however, amazed that Lemelisk could continue to be an "absentminded professor" after several torturous executions. Were I him, I would be a wreck and devote every minute of my life to worrying that I might fail at anything, prompting further executions. I suppose it is a testament to his character (or stupid KJA writing :roll: ) that he suffered so little overt effect from his torture.
NecronLord wrote:I seem to recall that his last words were recorded as "Just get it right this time."
Well, to be pedantic that was what he said when captured and briefed on the possibility that he might face execution, long before any trial or verdict.
The Romulan Republic wrote:Pretty much, yeah. That's what I was talking about. Not sure where that appears in the EU, though.

On topic though, Lemelisk may have been the head scientist at the Maw Instillation at one time, but not at the time it was introduced into the EU. I vaugely recall that the head guy was a Twielik (spelling?) and that his name began with the letter T, but I wouldn't want to bet on anything more detailed than that.
The only novel he appears in (that I am aware of) is Darksaber; his subsequent fate is related in sourcebooks.

As for the Maw chief scientist, I believe you mean Tol Sivron, perhaps the one KJA villain to make Daala look competent.
"But there's no story past Episode VI, there's just no story. It's a certain story about Anakin Skywalker and once Anakin Skywalker dies, that's kind of the end of the story. There is no story about Luke Skywalker, I mean apart from the books."

-George "Evil" Lucas
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

at about 30 meters or so (30-50m IIRC) I dout Lamda is too long, it is how ever probably too tall even in docked mode to fit E-E docking bays (but then the Empire/republic does have other shuttle designs that might fit).
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Yeah, what about one of those DX-series stormtrooper boarding craft? :lol:
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
Alien-Carrot
Youngling

Post by Alien-Carrot »

Thank you Hoth, Tol was the name i was looking for.

As for the shutlebay topic, i was pretty sure it wouldnt fit, but wanted to be sure befor having Vader fly over in his TIE.
2.2E32 joules of planet shattering kaboom
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Isn't their a Tie shuttle? Would that fit?

Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

The Romulan Republic wrote:Isn't their a Tie shuttle? Would that fit?
Indeed, there is, based on the TIE bomber chassis.
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Wookiepedia has its length at 7.8 meters. But it looks wider than it is long. Perhaps it would be fit, though.

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

I seem to recall that at least the Galaxy class could carry several runbouts and there's ofc that shuttle from nemesis so it's pretty obvious type-9s don't repesent the max size of ship capable of fitting into the Enterprise shuttle bays, also E-E seemed to have used the ones marked type-11s in that website (the ones designed for the movie Inserection) then type-9s

that said though, like I said before I think the large dorsal wing would make the lamda too tall to fit.
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
charlemagne
Jedi Knight

Post by charlemagne »

Lord Revan wrote:and there's ofc that shuttle from nemesis
Wasn't that the Captain's yacht, and isn't the yacht not stored in the shuttle bay, but docked to the bottom side of the saucer? Or was that just Intrepid-class design?
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

charlemagne wrote:
Wasn't that the Captain's yacht, and isn't the yacht not stored in the shuttle bay, but docked to the bottom side of the saucer? Or was that just Intrepid-class design?
I thought the Intrepid only carried two dinky little shuttles :? ?

charlemagne
Jedi Knight

Post by charlemagne »

The Romulan Republic wrote: I thought the Intrepid only carried two dinky little shuttles :? ?
Yeah, apparently Voyager wasn't equipped with the Captain's yacht, but it's on every bluescreen of the Intrepid class. They just forgot about it during the series.
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

No. Insurrection showed the yacht (docked on the underside) and a new shuttle design (parked in the shuttlebay, and sitting somewhere between a Type-7 and a Runabout size-wise).

Nemesis then added the Argo shuttle, which is a flying cargo hold with a cockpit and wings strapped on, launching from the shuttlebay.
I thought the Intrepid only carried two dinky little shuttles
They carried however damn many the writers felt like that week. More were blown up each season than most ships carried total.
charlemagne
Jedi Knight

Post by charlemagne »

Bounty wrote: Nemesis then added the Argo shuttle, which is a flying cargo hold with a cockpit and wings strapped on, launching from the shuttlebay.
Ok, that shuttle was what I meant, and I stand corrected.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

charlemagne wrote:
nah we see the Enterprise yacth is Inserection and Argo isn't the same ship (besides we see the Argo Launch in Nemesis and it leaves the saucer shuttle bay, there's even a visible shield ripple)
Darth Paxis
Padawan Learner

Post by Darth Paxis »

I could be wrong about this but wasn't Sivron more on the administrator side of the Maw installation.

Also wasn't Umak Leth involved with the Maw installation
KAC-WG

Captain Seafort
Jedi Council Member

Post by Captain Seafort »

The Romulan Republic wrote:Wasn't that the Captain's yacht, and isn't the yacht not stored in the shuttle bay, but docked to the bottom side of the saucer? Or was that just Intrepid-class design?
I thought the Intrepid only carried two dinky little shuttles :? ?[/quote]

About a million shuttles, and a "waverider", whatever that means. Basically a poor man's Captain's Yacht. They never used it, but were apparently considering doing so in S5, when they decided on introducing the Delta Flyer instead.
charlemagne
Jedi Knight

Post by charlemagne »

Captain Seafort wrote: About a million shuttles, and a "waverider", whatever that means. Basically a poor man's Captain's Yacht. They never used it, but were apparently considering doing so in S5, when they decided on introducing the Delta Flyer instead.
Wasn't the official cover-story that they didn't get around to install the yacht on Voyager, so what looked like the yacht was only a "lid" for what otherwise would be a hole in the ship?

Also, I think that going "oh btw we'll build us a new super-duper shuttle" is still better than "oh btw we have this yacht here we totally forgot about the last couple of years" :D