A good analogy for SW vs ST

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Themightytom
Sith Devotee

Post by Themightytom »

Ender wrote:There really is no good comparison in terms of scale. You might be able to has something out in terms of tech, but not in terms of population or resources. There are more TIE pilots in the Empire then there are sentient beings in the Federation, ok? Total population they have them outnumbered by a factor of 100,000,000,000 to 1. The gap is that big.
so than The entire keebler company vs a girl scout?

"Since when is "the west" a nation?"-Styphon
"ACORN= Cobra obviously." AMT
This topic is... oh Village Idiot. Carry on then.--Havok
harbringer
Padawan Learner

Post by harbringer »

The way I explain it is - It is just a exercise in logic for example if I replace star wars with a lamborghini and star trek with a toyota corolla and then say the corolla is obviously going to win your then going to give me the differences that make the lamborghini faster better not to mention more expensive. Some people like corollas and despite all evidence to the contrary will agree that a corolla will automatically win despite all the evidence to the contrary and visa versa thats why you have to be logical.
"Depending on who you talk to, a mercenary can be anything from a savior to the scum of the universe. On the Wolf's Dragoons world of Outreach, the Mercenary's Star, we know what a merc really is - a business man." - Wolf's Dragoons, Outreach (Merc World mag. 3056)
Thunderfire
Jedi Master

Post by Thunderfire »

I always used US(Empire) vs Cuba(Federation) as an example for a Empire vs Ferderation War. The bigger power will easily win a full scale war.
havocfett
Redshirt

Re: A good analogy for SW vs ST

Post by havocfett »

I've personally used the the modern world versus the world in the 1860s. A friend of mine said Hiroshima vs. The Enola Gay.
Shinji cheered himself up by plotting out impractical plans to off his father. By the time he got to his new school, he was grinning from ear to ear at how he had managed to perfect the plan involving a car battery, a geisha, a metric tonne of boiling ramen, and a rubber chicken. A true classic he had been working on for years.
-Thousand Shinji

"The founding fathers said that the guys with the biggest gun makes the laws"
"No, that was the British, remember those representational democracy guys? Those were the founding fathers"
-The Daily show with John Stewart
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Re: A good analogy for SW vs ST

Post by Ghost Rider »

Thank you for reading the rules, moron.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete