Federations response to the clone wars.

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

marr5
Redshirt

Federations response to the clone wars.

Post by marr5 »

okay so this really isn't the Galactic Republic or CIS vs the Federation but its the Star Trek universe being caught in the middle of the Clone Wars. Here is the scenario:

scenario
two wormholes appear at roughly the same time (for arguments sake).
The Republic Wormhole appears in the Outer rim of the Alpha Quadrant near Federation Space.
The CIS Wormhole appears near the Dominion “Empire”.
Due to Palpatine both sides know that each Wormhole leads deep into each sides space, good for hosting an attack that's hard to defend against if the Wormhole can be captured. So both sides are trying to capture their Enemies Wormhole.
This happens during the height of the war. But we will ignore order 66 for arguments sake ( that and I am in complete denial that it ever happened..long live the Republic :shock: ..I'll be shot for that one)

-----------------------------------------------------

So with half of the Star Trek universe caught in the middle of it all what would their reaction be? how will the federation deal with the Republic army right outside there door step? what would the CIS do to the Dominion? Or if you really have a lot of free time on your hands pick a side Republic/CIS and plan out your military strategy.
Darth Paxis
Padawan Learner

Re: Federations response to the clone wars.

Post by Darth Paxis »

What time peroid does this take place in? IIRC the Dominion was around for a couple thousand years before the Dominion War, so does this take place during the war, or is this before the discovery of the Bajoran Wormhole.
Anyway I'll pick the Republic so here goes:
Instead of trying to push through CIS space to try to get to the wormhole, why not enter the milky way and capture it from that side. From my encounters with the Federation, which I'm going to assume is the 24th century version in this scenario, I would know about the vast tech difference, and it would be far easier to get through to the wormhole, and if i capture it I have a foothold deep in CIS space to strike from. I would probably play nice with the Federation, I could use the space to build shipyards, also I would place a force at the wormhole to prevent the CIS from also taking advantage of the tech difference.
Although with Palpatine manipulating both sides this would turn into a massive stalemate with neither side being forced out completely but whatever.
KAC-WG

marr5
Redshirt

Post by marr5 »

Darth Paxis wrote:What time peroid does this take place in? IIRC the Dominion was around for a couple thousand years before the Dominion War, so does this take place during the war, or is this before the discovery of the Bajoran Wormhole.
Anyway I'll pick the Republic so here goes:
Instead of trying to push through CIS space to try to get to the wormhole, why not enter the milky way and capture it from that side. From my encounters with the Federation, which I'm going to assume is the 24th century version in this scenario, I would know about the vast tech difference, and it would be far easier to get through to the wormhole, and if i capture it I have a foothold deep in CIS space to strike from. I would probably play nice with the Federation, I could use the space to build shipyards, also I would place a force at the wormhole to prevent the CIS from also taking advantage of the tech difference.
Although with Palpatine manipulating both sides this would turn into a massive stalemate with neither side being forced out completely but whatever.
I am sorry it seems I was not descriptive enough. This takes place during DS9ish (I really never got around to watching that many star trek shows). Both sides Republic/CIS have to take over the enemy's wormhole in the Milky way Galaxy or they would both suffer heavy losses if they tried it from their end. but neither can they ignore the wormhole for the same reason. Both sides have set up military stations on either side of the wormhole and have probably around ten Legions to spare in the Milky way Galaxy ( Legions are no more then 10,000 troops last time I checked.) Jedi are apart of this battle but no one important. Hopefully that cleared it up a bit, if you don't like DS9 era and have a better time slot in the Trek world then I'll change it.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

As Darth Sidious, the future Emperor will have the CIS absorb the entities that don't exactly line up with the Republic.
As Supreme Chancellor, the future Emperor will have the Republic absorb the entities that line up with it.

The end result is that the Clone Wars will spread into the Milky Way galaxy, possibly end up taking out a few civilizations in it (i.e the Borg would be seen as a problem by both sides), and when the 'finale' of the Clone Wars happens and Palpatine becomes Emperor, instead of 1 galaxy, he now rules 2.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
harbringer
Padawan Learner

Post by harbringer »

The alpha/delta quadrant quickly either become enslaved or devastated by war. In the star wars galaxy this has the effect of removing the existing powers, the trade guilds are removed by the war and the republics army - as were the Jedi. In the trek universe this will simply lead to a power vacuum as the existing powers either try to refuse republic and CIS forces and are crushed or are caught up in the resulting conflict. As political entity's in the trek universe cannot resist it simply comes down to either the wars powers caught in yet another meat grinder; or one side seizing the initiative either through using one sides preoccupation to solve the deadlock in their home systems.

Lacking representation in the senate and exploited by every other wars power the trek universe suffers as an underclass for a time, until rapid industrial expansion cancels the tech disadvantage. Then of course the trek universe becomes a reason for expansion of the navy and army - with corresponding restrictions on personal freedoms and expansion of the powers of the chancellery. Any Jedi left alive in the trek universe simply assist in the process once they understand the senate is controlled by a sith lord.
"Depending on who you talk to, a mercenary can be anything from a savior to the scum of the universe. On the Wolf's Dragoons world of Outreach, the Mercenary's Star, we know what a merc really is - a business man." - Wolf's Dragoons, Outreach (Merc World mag. 3056)