SPOILERS: Cast spoils NEMESIS plot in their own interviews!

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Scorpius
Rabid Monkey

SPOILERS: Cast spoils NEMESIS plot in their own interviews!

Post by Scorpius »

A "Star" Is Reborn

There are few real events in movies anymore. But for scifi fans in general – and Star Trek fans in particular – there’s nothing like the next generation film from the Next Generation cast.

And one Enterprising star promises this journey will be eventful. “The theme of family is really prevalent in this film,” reveals Mirina Sirtis who plays Counsellor Deanna Troi. “Picard meets his nemesis, who is a clone of himself … and he turns out to be our bad guy. And the other big thing for me … is that Troi finally marries Riker!”

But what about that infamous Star Trek curse that says the odd numbered films are lousy, and the even numbered movies are great? “This is number 10,” explains Sirtis, adding, “Yay!” While Troi’s alter ego is willing to don her Betazoid gear forever, the empathic actress isn’t so sure that will happen. “It’s really up to the fans,” she insists. “If they want to see us [The Next Generation cast], then they have to go out and spend money on this movie!” They’ll get their chance when the film opens on Friday.

---

WAY TO GO MARINA! Nice way to preserve the mystery and suspense!
Pizza, Margarita Shooters and naked Sebacen girls...Now that's a party.
Captain tycho
Has Elected to Receive

Post by Captain tycho »

Errr..... why, why, why!?
DID. YOU. SPOIL. IT.
IT. WAS. MY.LAST.HOPE. FOR. TREK! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Captain Tycho!
The worst fucker ever!
The Best reciever ever!
Scorpius
Rabid Monkey

Post by Scorpius »

Captain tycho wrote:Errr..... why, why, why!?
DID. YOU. SPOIL. IT.
IT. WAS. MY.LAST.HOPE. FOR. TREK! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
I DID say SPOILERS in big capital letters didn't I? I just thought that it was stupid that their own cast is letting major plot points out in interviews that don't have spoiler warnings on them...

And the implied hostage taking of Trek fans: If you want to see more movies give us your money you stupid fools...
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

I knew all that stuff already.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Scorpius wrote:And the implied hostage taking of Trek fans: If you want to see more movies give us your money you stupid fools...
Oh, come on. You know as well as I do that they have to make money or there won't be more. The studios aren't in this for the love of movies, they want to make cash and we all know it. That's why I won't go see it.
Scorpius
Rabid Monkey

Post by Scorpius »

Vympel wrote:I knew all that stuff already.
I think most of us (serious Sci-Fi fans) did. I found this interview on a Canadian news website that had no spoiler warnings and was one of the major lead stories in the entertainment section. Before this, I had to actively search for info on Nemesis if I wanted to find the dirt. This site is a general news site that'll spoil it for many casual fans that don't patrol the web for this info.

That Sirtis would reveal the Picard clone connection in such an off-the-cuff way just shows how inconsiderate she is of the fans who've waited this long post Insurrection.
Scorpius
Rabid Monkey

Post by Scorpius »

Stormbringer wrote:
Scorpius wrote:And the implied hostage taking of Trek fans: If you want to see more movies give us your money you stupid fools...
Oh, come on. You know as well as I do that they have to make money or there won't be more. The studios aren't in this for the love of movies, they want to make cash and we all know it. That's why I won't go see it.
I agree with your point. It's understood. But to actually say it after you've spoiled the plot...is kind of tasteless in my opinion.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Scorpius wrote:That Sirtis would reveal the Picard clone connection in such an off-the-cuff way just shows how inconsiderate she is of the fans who've waited this long post Insurrection.
Ignoring the fact that just about every Nemesis trailer on TV blantantly states that Schinzon is a clone.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Scorpius
Rabid Monkey

Post by Scorpius »

Alyeska wrote:Ignoring the fact that just about every Nemesis trailer on TV blantantly states that Schinzon is a clone.
Does it? I remember the quote "the same blood runs through our veins" from the trailers, but that could be interpreted as Shinzon being an evil brother, a bastard son etc. There's still some mystery as to the connection.

Did they overtly use the word "clone"? I must've missed it...
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Scorpius wrote:
Alyeska wrote:Ignoring the fact that just about every Nemesis trailer on TV blantantly states that Schinzon is a clone.
Does it? I remember the quote "the same blood runs through our veins" from the trailers, but that could be interpreted as Shinzon being an evil brother, a bastard son etc. There's still some mystery as to the connection.

Did they overtly use the word "clone"? I must've missed it...
They also say things along the lines of "I feel EXACTLY what you feel". They show DNA strands. They also morph Picard into Schinzon. Its a very blantant attempt to show the clone status without using the word. People should NOT be surprised by hearing that Schinzon is a clone because that is exactly what the trailers are hinting at.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Heck the whole I'm a mirror for you is blantant enough along with the other references
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Scorpius
Rabid Monkey

Post by Scorpius »

Bah, guess I must not've seen that many trailers then...I thought it was 'sposed to be more of a mystery than ATTACK OF THE PICARD CLONES... :o

Oh well: I still think Sirtis should've been more general in her comments though...
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Personally I still think Sela (Yar's daughter) would have been a much better Nemesis for Picard. Makes the battle just as personal and uses a real Romulan character rather then making up the Remen group.

Scorpius
Rabid Monkey

Post by Scorpius »

Alyeska wrote:Personally I still think Sela (Yar's daughter) would have been a much better Nemesis for Picard. Makes the battle just as personal and uses a real Romulan character rather then making up the Remen group.
She definitely has reason enough to hate Picard and target him specifically. She would definitely go outta her way to mess him up good...
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Scorpius wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:
I agree with your point. It's understood. But to actually say it after you've spoiled the plot...is kind of tasteless in my opinion.
I think actually, that it's desperation. Trek movies aren't likely to continue unless Nemesis is a big hit. The previous three trek films have been sucess but are going downhill. Unless that's turned around it will be the end of the Trek Movies, probably for a good long while.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Not only that...given that Trek profits are about the same but the amount to make them have risen.

Seriously TNG has no Khan, no ST6...from a fan POV and certainly nothing along the lines of ST4 for money.

Paramount probably has no want to make a DS9 or Voyager(and certainly not an Enterprise...though that might cancel the show all the quicker)

The only way we'll see another ST movie is if this was is at least a hit and not just another Insurrection.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Stormbringer wrote:I think actually, that it's desperation. Trek movies aren't likely to continue unless Nemesis is a big hit. The previous three trek films have been sucess but are going downhill. Unless that's turned around it will be the end of the Trek Movies, probably for a good long while.
Plus, look at what they have to compete with. Talk about terrible timing. I mean, once The Two Towers comes out until it is pulled from the theaters, I will not watch anything but that movie.
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

Which crew would they use if they didn't use The Next Generation Crew? The rest of them are mostly worthless.
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.