Star Trek Nemesis Pool (No Spoilers Please!)

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

How do you think it will be?

**** - Like TROK and TUC
5%
***1/2
10%
18%
**1/2
15%
13%
*1/2
5%
3%
1/2
No votes
no stars - Crap like TFF
31%

Total votes: 39

Sam Or I
Jedi Council Member

Post by Sam Or I »

I think this will most likely be the best Next Generation movie. I am sorry but First Contact sucked, I had such high hopes for the movie after the opening scene, but it went down hill from there. Generation, well I barely remember it, Inserrection (they should have tore the Federation apart into civil war, that would have been cool, split the Federation into 2 governments and left it that way, making the Klingons the last "Super Power" of the Galaxy, sorry I am rambling). It does not have much to compete in the way of the Next gen films. I am have a feeling it will be below ST:II and ST: 6. But thats my view.
C.S.Strowbridge
Sore Loser

Post by C.S.Strowbridge »

Darth Wong wrote:The B&B-ification of Star Trek continues. There is no reason whatsoever to believe that this film will not suck monkey testicles.
Will you be seeing it anyway? Cause I'm relying on your summary to debate it on ASVS.
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

VF5SS wrote:
Alyeska wrote:A movie doesn't have to have STUNNING plot to be good. Action movies can be quite fun to watch as well. Yes, First Contact was action orientated, but it was still a good movie.
The action wasn't that great either. A bunch of people in dress clothes running around with their plastic toys in hand shooting at slow moving zombies who don't even look that scary. Sure it had some cute moments and a few good scenes where Stewart emotes, but overall this movie was too cookie cutter.
I thought it was good, myself. First Contact obviously isn't, say, The Rock. It's still a Trek movie, and it will always have those vestiges of it. But it's still much more.. Fun then Generations or Insurrection. It's a pure popcorn movie, one of the few Trek films that is. What many people didn't get was it's okay to have a popcorn movie.

Besides, Night Of The Living Dead is a CLASSIC!
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

Stormbringer wrote:I think it'll be easily as bad as Final Frontier or Insuerrection. The best of the TNG movies is only equal to The Voyage Home; fun and entertaining but nothing profound or especially memorable.
From the way everything is looking, The Final Frontier is Forbidden Planet compared to this soulless action runaround with Picard's EvilClone™ Skippy. And none of the TNG movies come anywhere close to being as good as The Voyage Home. They can only WISH they were as good as TFF.
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Uraniun235 wrote:Of course, if people think the mindless action of FC was the best TNG film work of all, I suppose that's saying something too.
Consider the alternatives.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
beyond hope
Jedi Council Member

Post by beyond hope »

I gave it 2 1/2, which is pretty typical for an action-over-all-else film. Judging by the PG-13 rating (which is a first for a Trek film) that's what it's going to be: a shoot-em-up. Since I have a fondness for that particular genre (I loved Blade 2, make of that what you will) I don't consider that a big drawback. I do have to agree with everyone who's said it won't be as good as ST II or VI.