René Auberjonois has died at 79

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

tezunegari
Jedi Knight

René Auberjonois has died at 79

Post by tezunegari »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/ob ... story.html
LOS ANGELES — René Auberjonois, a prolific actor best known for his roles on the television shows “Benson” and “Star Trek: Deep Space Nine” and his part in the 1970 film “M.A.S.H.” playing Father Mulcahy, has died. He was 79.

The actor died Sunday at his home in Los Angeles of metastatic lung cancer, his son Rèmy-Luc Auberjonois told The Associated Press.
May he rest in peace.
"Bring your thousands, I have my axe."
"Bring your cannons, I have my armor."
"Bring your mighty... I am my own champion."
Cue Unit-01 ramming half the Lance of Longinus down Adam's head and a bemused Gendo, "Wrong end, son."
Ikari Gendo, NGE Fanfiction "Standing Tall"
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: René Auberjonois has died at 79

Post by The Romulan Republic »

God Damn. This was unexpected. 79 isn't that young, but for some reason it never really occurred to me that he was that old.

He had a huge role on DS9, and brought so much to the show.

Rest in peace.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

I just heard about this, sad indeed. He was also in an episode of Enterprise, and SG-1. STO players are gathering outside the DS9 security office in tribute.
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

Damn. He will be missed. I am glad he got to reprise his role as Odo for some STO episodes.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

EnterpriseSovereign wrote: 2019-12-08 07:30pm I just heard about this, sad indeed. He was also in an episode of Enterprise, and SG-1. STO players are gathering outside the DS9 security office in tribute.
Also played "Colonel West" in ST:VI.

May the Great Link embrace him once more in peace.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

This has not been a good month for Star Trek alumni. RIP.