Building an "I.S.S Enterprise" from the PL kit.

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

JamesStaley
Youngling

Building an "I.S.S Enterprise" from the PL kit.

Post by JamesStaley »

Okay, Plastic Modelers, I need some help here. I want to do an I.S.S Enterprise from the Polar Lights kit. Does any after-market decal company makes decals for the POLAR LIGHTS Enterprise? I know there some decals for other Enterprises, but I need them for the PL kit. I could also use some help regarding specific font types and sizes, just in case I have to make my own.

James Staley
jamesstaley1@earthlink.net

Use topic "Enterprise decals"
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Re: Building an "I.S.S Enterprise" from the PL kit.

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

First off, which PL Enterprise model? If for the NX-01, you're in luck

You may be in luck if it's the Polar Lights TOS Enterprise, if you have an X-Acto knife and a steady hand to be able to cut the "I" from "Intrepid," the "U" from "U.S.S. Enterprise," and be able to fuse the "I" to the rest of that without it looking like shit.

(same with any "NCC-1701;" cut the "N" down to look like an "I," if you're up to it).

There's also a generic refit-era decal sheet on that site that you might be able to adapt, if you want an ISS Enterprise-A.

And, there's generic decal sheets for both TNG and the JJVerse as well. You might be able to adapt the latter for a TOS ISS Enterprise, since the lettering appears to be similar.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford