How long would the Borg last?

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Straha
Lord of the Spam

How long would the Borg last?

Post by Straha »

Alright, Borg (old school not the newer wimpy borg) are pitched against the Tholians, First Federation, Breen, Gorn and every other super race that the Feddies have met, along with the Federation, Klingons, and Romulans. How long would the borg last?
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
Exonerate
Sith Marauder

Post by Exonerate »

They'd assimilate them. Old-school Borg simply kick ass.

BoTM, MM, HAB, JL
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Feddies have also met super-races like the Q and the Voth. Borg get owned, obviously.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Alright, Borg (old school not the newer wimpy borg) are pitched against the Tholians, First Federation, Breen, Gorn and every other super race that the Feddies have met, along with the Federation, Klingons, and Romulans. How long would the borg last?
You could have shortened this quite a bit by just saying "Borg vs. Everyone"
Even the older Borg couldn't adapt quick enough if every possible race could be aligned against them. Especially if you transport disposable Jem'hadar or Klingons onto the ship to kill all the borg in hand to hand. (Seeingas how Borg drones are the only infantry Klingons with bat'leths can beat.)
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Actually it's hard to say...I mean we really have no true idea of the Borg fleet, and their tactics are pretty much swarm until win.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Its the borg, regardless of wether its the New or Old borg all you have to do is find a way to beam over to the ship and plant charges all over the hollow thing or hack the thing.

Borg1: Theres ummm some people wandering around the ship.

Borg2: So?

Borg1: Good point.

THolian Webs would be the only interesting part to me, IIRC by the time TNG rolled around they could make the thing in less than 5 minutes.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
DocHorror
Rabid Monkey

Post by DocHorror »

Who were the First Federation?
apocolypse
Jedi Knight

Post by apocolypse »

First Federation was shown in TOS for an episode. I didn't really ever see it, but they were supposed to be pretty advanced, but then again, it being TOS you can't really tell. :D
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

DocHorror wrote:Who were the First Federation?

They're the speices that look like Ron Howard's ugly little brother when they aren't pretending to be some silvery blue alien with white hair and funky eyes. They also drink a juice like drink calle tranja or something like that.

Wasn't the episode the Corbomite Manuever ?
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

DEpends on the Tholians in question if we go by SFB Tholians by TNG could throw setions of Webb at a target and since they are modified traactor beams I doubt if the Borg could adapt to them
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!