E-D saucer section

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

E-D saucer section

Post by Jason von Evil »

I've been wondering this for a long while, what did starfleet do with the E-D's saucer section after the recovering ships rescued the Enterprise's crew? Did they destroy it or leave it there for the planets low tech inhabitants to find? Also, if the Farragaut (the nebula class) did destroy the saucer, would it have used phasers or a torpedo from orbit?

Hehe, man, I'm a nosey lil SOB this morning. x_X
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Re: E-D saucer section

Post by Montcalm »

I think they recycled everything from the crashed saucer.
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

Its clear the saucer is still on the planet when Picard and Riker are beamed up. Its almost certian it took some time for the evacuations to be completed, the relif ships to arrive e.t.c. and in that time they as a matter of SOP stripped the ship of all clasified and sensitive material. Then they probably came back later and salvaged the saucer for scap.

Oh and Veridan III was not inhabited. Veridan IV was.
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

I thought that was the inhabitited planet, hmm, silly me.
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

This is covered in the resurection return of Kirk books Shatner wrote with the Gar-Stevens. The saucer was carved up and recovered. Much of the material was used in the construction of the E-E. THe system had a pre-warp culture and it would have been risky for the feddies to leave any trace of technology. Kirks body was captured by the Borg/Romulan alliance.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Borg-Romulan Alliance? That sure isn't canon.

Hell, the fact that it's a book should tell you that... :roll:
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Borg-Romulan Alliance? That sure isn't canon.

Yeah, but it still makes sense they'd strip out all the technology and cut the frame up for scrap. Eventually the Veridian IV aliens are going to develop sublight spaceflight, and when they visit Veridian III, it's going to be somewhat of a prime directive violation to leave crashed 400 meter wide alien starship for them to find.

How long would it be for that long swath the E-D carved as it slid to a halt to be eroded/overgrown to the point nobody would notice it?
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

Well if Starfleet wanted to be tricky about it they could slam a small asteroid near where the Enterprise D crash landed thus reasing all trace of the crash site and even if the aliens found something odd they may attribute it to an asteroid strike
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Borg-Romulan Alliance? That sure isn't canon.

Is canon/non-canon really that important outside of vs. debates?
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

How far along was the society on Viridian IV? Could they have seen the starships operating around the other planet?
JADAFETWA
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

closet sci-fi fan wrote:It would certainly have given the SETI guys on their planet a thrill...

imagine looking out your telescope to observe mars and seeing starships battle.
My thoughts exactly. :)
JADAFETWA
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

I thought it stated that the natives were pre-industrial. That could mean anything from cave men to the Enlightment.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

I think Troi mentioned something about the planet of Veridian 3 being close to space travel. I may be wrong. Please don't make me watch that movie again.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten