A Trek website with calcs that redefine "ludicrous"

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Shinova
Emperor's Hand

A Trek website with calcs that redefine "ludicrous"

Post by Shinova »

http://home.att.net/~tomjlee/startrek/index.html

Look first at the specifications page, to starfleet warships, and scroll down through. Make sure you read the specs of the E-E.

Secure your brains for massive stupidity backlash. This site is comparable to Darkstar's (though the author doesn't seem to have DS's narcissism and stubborness).
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

That site is currently the subject of an ongoing thread in STvsSW.

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?t=10860
It's not my place in life to make people happy. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to watch me slaughter cows you hold sacred. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to have your basic assumptions challenged. If you want bunnies in light, talk to someone else.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Re: A Trek website with calcs that redefine "ludicrous&

Post by Master of Ossus »

Shinova wrote:http://home.att.net/~tomjlee/startrek/index.html

Look first at the specifications page, to starfleet warships, and scroll down through. Make sure you read the specs of the E-E.

Secure your brains for massive stupidity backlash. This site is comparable to Darkstar's (though the author doesn't seem to have DS's narcissism and stubborness).
We've already had our laughs from this website. The guy who writes it admitted to us that he had made up and falsified the technical information for BOTH universes that he included there. I understand that SB.com is laughing at his comparison between the UFP and the Culture. I'm not kidding.

Here are some of my favorite exerpts from his website. Note that this is the only page I've read of it, as it kept me laughing for a LOOONG time, and then I realized he was being serious and I suddenly became depressed.
Graham Kennedy has made a remarkably detailed estimate of how many ships from the major Alpha Quadrant navies of Star Trek have been involved in the Dominion War, and it is upon this estimate (published here), as well as the partial production figures given for the Cardassian Union in the DS9 Technical Manual, that I have based my own on. However, in general, I have increased their production run by an order of magnitude to "fill out" the range of NCC numbers shown. In addition, given how badly the Dominion and its allies fared during the war (especially given the need of the Jem'Hadar and the Breen to "hide" behind the Cardassians), I increased their losses by an order of magnitude or two.
during the two years of the Dominion War, Starfleet launched 129,463 major starships - enough to replace all of its losses throughout the 2-year long Dominion War in under three months - and the Federation's war production was at least four years from plateauing when the war ended (for those who doubt that the Federation has this kind of production capability, one has to look no farther than the immense Spacedock- and Starbase-74-type starbases - one example of the former has approximately one fifth the volume of the entire post-war Starfleet, and one example of the latter has two hundred times the volume of the former - and can be built at the rate of one every five years).
Martok said that 1,500 Klingon ships were available to deploy along the war front, and the Romulan representative responded that the Klingon ships would be outnumbered 20 to 1. However, there has to be *much* more than 1500 Klingon ships at this point to allow for ships guarding Allied planets and undergoing repairs (probably 8000 total at that point) - and my take is that one of the main reasons why the Founder Leader decided to entirely withdraw from Allied space in late 2375 was because of extremely severe losses that the Allies inflicted on Dominion forces when they unexpectedly succeeded in neutralizing the Breen energy-dampening weapon.
Note that this is the totaly fleet strength he has calculated for the different groups involved in the Dominion War. See if you note any SLIGHT inconsistencies:
UFP: 188726 Major Starships (yes, that's nearly 200,000 capital warships).

Klingon Empire: 5194 Total Starships

Romulan Star Empire: 2907 Total Starships

Cardassian Union: 703 Total Starships (He includes the freighters for this count)

Dominion: 5993 Total Starships

Breen: 2160 Total Starships
Let's review. He believes that the Romulans and Klingons outnumber the Breen and the Dominion's combined fleet pretty easily, despite Martok's quote that they did not. He claims that the UFP has 10 times as many starships as ALL of the other powers in the Dominion War COMBINED. Frankly, claims like this are not even worth refuting. If anyone is stupid enough to create such numbers without realizing the inherent inconsistencies, he's not likely to get it when they are explained to him.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."