Weird TV Trekkies

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Weird TV Trekkies

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Just watching a little ER this morning and one of the patients mutiliated himself with kitchen shears in order to give himself Vulcan ears.

As a coincidence yesterday I watched National Lampoons Senior Trip featuring the insane crossing guard who made his house into the bridge of the Enterprise-nil.

anyoneelse have experience with weird trekkies lately?
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

A guy i knew turned his atic into the bridge of the E-D. He was very sad and now his only friends are in chatrooms. He even stole his sisters hair band thing and sprayed to gold to look like Geordi.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Darth Pounder wrote:A guy i knew turned his atic into the bridge of the E-D. He was very sad and now his only friends are in chatrooms. He even stole his sisters hair band thing and sprayed to gold to look like Geordi.
it was you wasn't it? it's ok, let it all out :twisted:
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

I have around 11 gigs of episodes on my computer, mostly TNG.
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

I found a junk shop that sold Micro-machines, bought 'em all.... :cry:

And they're out of the box... :cry:
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
beyond hope
Jedi Council Member

Post by beyond hope »

Uraniun235 wrote:I have around 11 gigs of episodes on my computer, mostly TNG.
Could be worse, I have just about all of the TOS novels and many of the TNG ones up until about say 6 or 7 years ago.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

COuld be worse, you could be fluent in Klingon.

I tried becoming fluent in Aurabeh once tho...
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Frank Hipper wrote:I found a junk shop that sold Micro-machines, bought 'em all.... :cry:

And they're out of the box... :cry:
Hell, I spent over 500 dollars on E-bay to get the Star Trek Micromachines. And you know what? I have no problem admiting to the fact that I still play with them from time to time.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

Micromachines thread hijack split.

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?t=10875
It's not my place in life to make people happy. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to watch me slaughter cows you hold sacred. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to have your basic assumptions challenged. If you want bunnies in light, talk to someone else.
Kenny_10_Bellys
Jedi Knight

Post by Kenny_10_Bellys »

I think the award has to go to the sub-species of trekkie that mail me roughly twice a week, signing the letter in their trek persona...

"Dear sir, we have chosen you as the very man to build us a top-class CGI model of our RPG spaceship, the USS Hardasnails, a 2km long, 60 decks deep Akiralike class ship armed with every conceivable Trek weapon and torpedo. It also carries 500 Shithot class fighters and 37 varieties of shuttles, so feel free to include them in the pictures and animations you make. Myself and my crew look forward to seeing the results, thanks for your help, signed

Admiral Clutz, 15 Sector Fleet, Acturus sector.

NOOOOOOOOOO! Not again! I actually scaled an Akira up so it was the dimensions specified, put it next to a Star Destroyer and sent the resulting picture to one of these dudes asking him if this is REALLY what he wanted. He did. Make it stop!
visit http://www.kennyscrap.com for all your crap model needs.
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

500 dollars?!?

Holy crap. I have 'em too (not the totally complete set, I'm sure) but I got them when they came out. Didn't know they were worth so much.