Transformers Displays (aka Solauren building Cybertron)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Transformers Displays (aka Solauren building Cybertron)

Post by Solauren »

Yes, I posted this in Transformers. But that forum is dead, and the thread is 14 months old.

Anyway, I've been working on setting up my transformers in a display that is more then 'toys on a shelf'.

I took some photos of it today. It's still 'in progress'. I can't really finish what I want to do without a 3d Printer (weapon effects, weapons, props), and several Transformers figures that are still 'pending' (like my Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok)

Anyway, here is a link to the facebook album.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set?vani ... 3665595657

Notes -
Yes, those are Gobots you see mixed in. As well as Zybots, Selects Convertors, and other transforming robots. Yes, those are Yaegars as well.
Yes, those are screen captures from the old G1 transformers show, and movie, that I printed out to 2 feet tall, 8 feet wide.
Yes, i intend to add more LED lights for effect.

I'm diving the displays up by G1 Season (1/2, 3, 4+)

The Autobot Base background is hand drawn, with papercraft Teletran I's. (that will do until I get a 3d printed Teletran 1)

The 'Season 1/2 shelf' is actually 16 feet long. The picture in the background is mirrored.

The long shelf with the glowing floor is called 'Show down beneath the streets', and is supposed to be part of a sewer.

The glowing floor is actually supposed to be glowing liquid. The glowing liquid is LED lights taped to the masonite underboard. The surface of the sewer is spray painted masonite, cut to fit, on fibreglass insulation board, cut to fit the liquid. The liquid as frosted plexiglass, with a plastic mess over it to make it look like a long sewer access grate. To let the plexiglass support figures/weight without bending or snapping, I make a support grid out of craft-sticks. They don't affect the appearance much beyond some light shadows, and testing it out, held all my Titan class figures without a problem.

The Season 4+ shelf looks bare because Scorponok hasn't arrived yet.

The Base table is for odds and ends. i.e my Energon Omega Supremes are in 'train' mode and serving as battle stations along the Autobot base-wall.
Decepticon base is not pictured, as it's full of non-transformer junk I've been using as I work (i.e stable gun, glue bottles, etc).

The flyers are hanging from 10 lb capacity steel wire. That's hooked to metal shelf racks screwed into the ceiling josts, and connected with heavy duty paperclips. During testing if that would work, I had the Siege version of Jetfire hanging from it for 2 weeks, and he's been up there since the start of November. Yeah, paper clips are holding nicely.

I'm debating moving the Season 1 + 2 stuff to the 'base table', and moving the Cityformers (Metrplex, Trypticon, Fort Max, Scorponk) to the long shelf, and populating it with Micromasters and a few other figures (i.e Tidalwave, Broadside). Lacking Scorponok is fustrating that, but this will do for now.

Thoughts? Yes, the pictures could be way better.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Re: Transformers Displays (aka Solauren building Cybertron)

Post by Solauren »

Note: Albums is now public (grumbles about default settings)
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

They do have a third party Teletran-1 available that you can attach a tablet to if you want to try and add a bit of intractivity to a display.
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Isolder74 wrote: 2020-12-13 08:16pm They do have a third party Teletran-1 available that you can attach a tablet to if you want to try and add a bit of intractivity to a display.
i have more remote control LED lights planned.