The downfall of my childhood heroes continue - FBI Lovebirds

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

The downfall of my childhood heroes continue - FBI Lovebirds

Post by mr friendly guy »

First Walker Texas Ranger turns out be a religious fundie nutjob. Hercules turns out to be a religious nutjob, making such shitty movies as "God is not dead." Ultimate warrior turns out to be a homophobic bigot. Hulk Hogan turns out to hate black people. And now Dean Cain and Kristy Swanson stars in a Trump propaganda play, FBI Lovebirds. And I use the term play loosely, its just them reading text messages.

Jesus Dean, you used to be Superman. Swanson was Buffy the Vampire slayer. How far have you fallen.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... _page.html
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Re: The downfall of my childhood heroes continue - FBI Lovebirds

Post by Broomstick »

It's new to you that Dean Cain is a political conservative?

Also - keep the actor separate from the part he/she plays.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
mr friendly guy
The Doctor

Broomstick wrote: 2020-03-04 04:30am It's new to you that Dean Cain is a political conservative?

Also - keep the actor separate from the part he/she plays.
No, but I never thought he would stoop so low.
I am aware actors are not their role. I was being facetious in the same way people say their childhood is being raped.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Broomstick wrote: 2020-03-04 04:30amAlso - keep the actor separate from the part he/she plays.
Meh, depends on the actor/role.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Well mr. Friendly Guy, just know, there are 1980s and 1990s heroes that are unassailable!

Such as...
Optimus Prime (Transformers)
First Sergeant Conrad S. Hauser ("Duke", assigned to GI JOE)
Firefly (My Little Pony)
He-Man (Masters of the Universe)
Quicksilver (Silverhawks)
Lion-o (Thundercats)
and of course....
Papa Smurf!
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Solauren wrote: 2020-03-04 03:12pm Papa Smurf!
You mean Papa Stalin the COMMUNIST !!1! :evil: :evil:

:wink:
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

wautd wrote: 2020-03-05 03:23am
Solauren wrote: 2020-03-04 03:12pm Papa Smurf!
You mean Papa Stalin the COMMUNIST !!1! :evil: :evil:
:wink:

Nah, they were just not advanced enough to develop the concept of money yet.

Alt:
GARGAMEL SUPPORTER! Get the Pitch Forks!
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

mr friendly guy wrote: 2020-03-03 11:53pmSwanson was Buffy the Vampire slayer.
There is only one true Buffy.

Actually, Gellar was a Republican too, at one point- IIRC she voted for Romney. But she also is an advocate of feminism and LGBT rights, and endorsed Hillary in 2016. Don't know much beyond that, but I'd guess she's a socially liberal fiscal conservative who was a moderate Republican but jumped parties after Trump.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
mr friendly guy
The Doctor

For those of us who were old enough, Swanson was the first Buffy and the one that sticks to my mind even though Gellar made the role her own and is most probably more well known to millenials.

Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

mr friendly guy wrote: 2020-03-07 07:28pm For those of us who were old enough, Swanson was the first Buffy and the one that sticks to my mind even though Gellar made the role her own and is most probably more well known to millenials.
The movie was like two years before the TV series.

Nobody remembers Swanson as Buffy because the movie wasn't very good and nobody watched it.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Vendetta wrote: 2020-03-16 12:02pm
mr friendly guy wrote: 2020-03-07 07:28pm For those of us who were old enough, Swanson was the first Buffy and the one that sticks to my mind even though Gellar made the role her own and is most probably more well known to millenials.
The movie was like two years before the TV series.

Nobody remembers Swanson as Buffy because the movie wasn't very good and nobody watched it.
I remember watching the movie before the series came out, and avoiding it until it's second season because of said movie.

Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Yan »

Not quite childhood but a lot of the web celebrities I liked as a teenager (Doug Walker, Little Kuriboh) turned out to be AWFUL people (little Kuriboh knowingly associated with pedophiles and ignored their crimes, Walker is at best indifferent to other people for his own comfort.) It's a shame because they have made good stuff at various points.

And of course a lot of celebrities who got Me To'ed are going to disappoint people.