Delorian Time Machine Transformer

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Delorian Time Machine Transformer

Post by Isolder74 »

I went ahead and modified a Transformer that has a Delorian Alt mode into the Delorian Time Machine from Back To The Future. Not sure how good of a job I did but take look at my efforts.

I built it with the Mr Fusion upgrade.

Before I'd painted the Robot Mode

I painted the robot trying to make it look like 'Lifevest' Marty.

As I said not sure how good of a job I did modding there toy. I got the parts from some left over lego pieces.
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Re: Delorian Time Machine Transformer

Post by madd0ct0r »

nice work, but blurry photos don't help.

Macro mode, white piece of paper under feet and curved up to vertical background so camera focuses on mini, no flash but good lighting and timer on so camera is not wobbled when you press the button.
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

I know but my good camera went cablooie and haven't been able to get a new one. Taken with the one on my phone.
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Nice job.

I'd have made the Mr Fusion and related stuff a removable shield personally, but to each their own.

Oh, go read Swindler's TFwiki.net article. You'll laugh your ass off at the 'best transformer ever line'.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

I have it is what inspired the idea in the first place.

Of course this member of the race patrol can only get up to 88 mph now.
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

that reminds me of an image i cant seem to find for the life of me.

it was the top gear presenters picking fictional cars to race. IIRC Hammond had picked the Initial D Toyota AE86, Clarkson had chosen the Mach 5, and then May pulls up in the BTTF Delorian.

they start arguing over whether using time travel counts as jumping the gun, that distracts them from the Stig finishing the race in Luke's landspeeder.
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Looks nice. Reminds me more of a Go-Bot than a Transformer.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

Enigma wrote: 2020-02-02 12:24pm Looks nice. Reminds me more of a Go-Bot than a Transformer.
It is based on a micromaster so that does make sense.
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

Sorry for bringing back this old thread but I didn't feel this was worthy of a new thread.

Not long ago Hasbro announced a crossover toy making a transformer of the Delorean. Before the toy was finished being announced scalpers grabbed every version of the first special packeting version of the toy and they are now all up on E-Bay for a minimum price of $500 - $600 for a toy that haven't even been shipped yet. Of course E-Bay is doing nothing to stop these scumbags. :kill: :finger: :banghead:

While looking at the listing for those, feeling rather annoyed, I notice someone selling a modded version of the same toy I used for around $100. I'm completely flabbergasted :?: :?: :?: :?: . All I can say is no matter how much anyone wants a copy of those, admittedly very cool toy, DO NOT BUY THEM. These scalpers are scum and need to be stopped.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Then non-limited edition version will be released in October or so.

I agree, the scalpers for anything or a problem. Have you seen what people are charging for the Generation Selects Seacons? $300 USD for a DELUXE?

It's no wonder third party stuff does so well.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

I still think it's hilarious that someone obviously wanting to ride the coattails of this posted a modded Swindler figure on E-Bay to see if they can scam someone into buying it possibly thinking it's one of the real ones.

My thoughts on the matter is let these jerks end up sitting on worthless toys because no one buys their marked up versions. My biggest concern about the October release is if these yahoos do it again making that one impossible to get too.

Then again who at Hasbro thought it was a good idea to release the first run of this toy with ONLY 1985 pieces. I'd love to have been in that board meeting. It's funny when the Ecto-1 transformer came out they didn't only make 1984 of that so I just don't understand.

And no a Hasbro repaint of the Terrorcons into Seacons is NOT worth $300.

On that note, I am patient. I waited until a few months back to buy a Devestator at retail prices instead of being a overpriced one on E-Bay.
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

Isolder74 wrote: 2020-07-10 07:18pmThen again who at Hasbro thought it was a good idea to release the first run of this toy with ONLY 1985 pieces. I'd love to have been in that board meeting. It's funny when the Ecto-1 transformer came out they didn't only make 1984 of that so I just don't understand.
Moves like that always make me wonder if someone making the decision is one of the price gougers.
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

bilateralrope wrote: 2020-07-10 07:43pm
Isolder74 wrote: 2020-07-10 07:18pmThen again who at Hasbro thought it was a good idea to release the first run of this toy with ONLY 1985 pieces. I'd love to have been in that board meeting. It's funny when the Ecto-1 transformer came out they didn't only make 1984 of that so I just don't understand.
Moves like that always make me wonder if someone making the decision is one of the price gougers.
Well for the 2002 Olympics someone thinking they were clever only made 2002 copies of the opening ceremony pin which made everyone trying to get one at the event angry. :roll: I have yet to understand how anyone thinks stuff like that is a good idea. In the case of the pin, even having 10,000 wouldn't have been enough consider more than that showed up to the event.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

2002 of each 'series' makes more sense for the Olympics

i.e 1908 of 2002, Series 1
They'd have to make like 400 series, but still, that would have meet true demand.

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Isolder74 wrote: 2020-07-10 07:18pm And no a Hasbro repaint of the Terrorcons into Seacons is NOT worth $300.
Actually, there apparently is some (minor) re-engineering and replaced parts for their 'Beast modes', and a sixth full sized deluxe member.
Doing it yourself with the POTP Terrorcons would probably run the costs above $300.

Still, not worth scalper prices.

Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

Nothing is worth the scalper's prices.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Isolder74 wrote: 2020-07-11 07:45pm Nothing is worth the scalper's prices.
Generally not, no.