DLG-37 Porter

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

DLG-37 Porter

Post by TimothyC »

The better part of a decade ago, Erik_t did a drawing of what was, fundamentally, a conventional version of the California class cruiser, which he called 'DLG-37 USS Porter'. I have, over the years, stayed somewhat enamored with this design, and thus, with Erik's permission I present to you, an updated version of the original drawing, and two possible outcomes of the design:

Note: Open the images in new tabs to see full size

"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Patroklos
Sith Devotee

Re: DLG-37 Porter

Post by Patroklos »

I saw this over at the bucket. Great work!

Though I question the ability of Hawaii to want or to be able to maintain such large complex warships.
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Re: DLG-37 Porter

Post by TimothyC »

Patroklos wrote: 2018-09-06 01:16amThough I question the ability of Hawaii to want or to be able to maintain such large complex warships.
I tend to use Hawai'i as a stand-in for a generic US/UK aligned third tier naval power. For the Hawai'ians, these would be flagships and the center pieces of surface action groups as well as their main air defense ships. Here, they are likely ordered as replacements for something like a County class in capabilities. What I haven't done yet (but might now that I think about it) is give them the buff paint job that is less stressful for tropical cruising.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev