Foxtober challenge (56K warning)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

SolarpunkFan
Jedi Knight

Foxtober challenge (56K warning)

Post by SolarpunkFan »

I stumbled upon a curious hashtag on Twitter today: #Foxtoberchallenge.

The idea behind it is to draw one fox per day during October.

I've decided to give it a shot because I'd like to improve my artwork. Here's the one I drew for today:

Yeah, I really want to get better and this might be a fun way to practice!
Seeing current events as they are is wrecking me emotionally. So I say 'farewell' to this forum. For anyone who wonders.
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Re: Foxtober challenge (56K warning)

Post by Borgholio »

Better than what I could do. :) If you're looking to improve however, shorten the face dramatically. A fox looks like a small dog, so it won't have a very long head.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

My advice is to have a reference picture of what you want to draw before drawing something. It's easy to think you can picture a fox in your mind's eye, but when it comes to accurately getting the details from memory and then translating that to the page it's not so simple.
SolarpunkFan
Jedi Knight

Post by SolarpunkFan »

Thank you both! I've made another one today already, but I planed on doing another today too. I'll keep your advice in mind.
Seeing current events as they are is wrecking me emotionally. So I say 'farewell' to this forum. For anyone who wonders.
SolarpunkFan
Jedi Knight

Post by SolarpunkFan »

Since I've done four more since the last post, here's a link to an album I have dedicated to this challenge: http://imgur.com/a/L1aWd

The latest ones are better because I used a couple of references. Still have a ways to go though. :P

Some anthropomorphic ones might be coming before the month is out (but they'll all be SFW, so don't worry).
SolarpunkFan
Jedi Knight

Post by SolarpunkFan »

After the latest batch today I've found out that my dominant/drawing hand has a bad thumb. In retrospect it's obvious, I wasn't really able to do stuff like snow shovel with it. But it appears I'll be cutting my Foxtober Challenge efforts short.

Final batch will be uploaded... eventually.