Some new ships of mine. (Pic heavy)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

supercar14
Redshirt

Some new ships of mine. (Pic heavy)

Post by supercar14 »

This one is called a Dragon Class Warship. I designed it awhile ago in a digital Lego program and finally made it in Sketchup. I haven't yet made all the specs for it but it's designed to both take and receive mass amounts of damage.
Iso
Bottom
Front
Rear
It's slow and bulky at sub light speeds, however the massive engines allow for extremely fast light speed travel. The large orange blocks are radiators to prevent the engines from melting at super light speed. Any comments/suggestions are welcome.
supercar14
Redshirt

Re: Some new ships of mine. (Pic heavy)

Post by supercar14 »

This one is called the Night-Hawk class. It will be in a fanfiction I'm currently working on, Link, though it has not yet made an appearance. Designed for primarily long range scouting missions, it is armed with nine mark X Phaser arrays, two aft mounted Photon and one for mounted Quantum torpedo launchers. Like most starships of the time, the Night-Hawk has a large Aero shuttle docked beneath the saucer section. The Night-Hawk is also the first ship equipped with a prototype Federation Cloaking Device.
Iso
Front
Rear with a shot of the shuttle bay
Side
The Aero shuttle and Quantum Torpedo launcher
Photon Torpedo launchers and Impulse engines
The Aero shuttle departing from the main ship

supercar14
Redshirt

Post by supercar14 »

This is my version of the Insignia Class. I'm not sure where it originated from, but I saw a lot of pictures of on Google and I liked it, so I drew it. The most notable changes would be the larger shuttle bay, and the armaments. I gave mine a forward facing Quantum Torpedo launcher, two aft Photon Torpedo launchers, ten Mark XX Phaser arrays, and twenty one Deployable Omni-Directional Pulse Phaser Cannons.
Showing the Deflector Dish and Quantum Torpedo launcher
The Shuttle Bay doors were originally the red and green parts in the center, but I thought they were too small.
My larger Shuttle Bay
The cannons in various stages of deployment.
One fully deployed cannon
Aft view of the Photon Torpedo Launchers
Side View
And the ships captain for a size comparison
I think it is my best model to date. It is available for download on the Sketchup 3D Warehouse. Search Insignia Class under the user Supercar16. The cannons aren't on the model because I didn't like how they came out all that well.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Pretty cool, thanks for sharing.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs