RC Model Resources in the UK

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

RC Model Resources in the UK

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

A friend of mine is considering using RC models for his final year electronics project. He is searching elsewhere for resources but I offered to ask on here as well.

So, does anyone know of a good and/or reputable and/or cheap place for acquiring RC models and related resources?

Any help would be much appreciated, though I shoudl stress this is in the UK only. Advice on where to go in Texas will not be useful at all.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Re: RC Model Resources in the UK

Post by GrandMasterTerwynn »

Eternal_Freedom wrote:A friend of mine is considering using RC models for his final year electronics project. He is searching elsewhere for resources but I offered to ask on here as well.

So, does anyone know of a good and/or reputable and/or cheap place for acquiring RC models and related resources?

Any help would be much appreciated, though I shoudl stress this is in the UK only. Advice on where to go in Texas will not be useful at all.
http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/

That would be reputable. Their family of products is well-known and extensively supported.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Much obliged.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

Hobbyking is the best source for cheap stuff. They have a warehouse in Germany so you can get stuff from there shipped to the UK, or you can get even cheaper stuff from the Hong Kong warehouse if you don't mind waiting a bit longer. The quality can be questionable, but I've never had any issues, and when I can buy 4 times as much stuff for the same price I really can't complain.
Vendetta wrote:Richard Gatling was a pioneer in US national healthcare. On discovering that most soldiers during the American Civil War were dying of disease rather than gunshots, he turned his mind to, rather than providing better sanitary conditions and medical care for troops, creating a machine to make sure they got shot faster.