A Marine, Sailor, Airman and Soldier walk into a bar....

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

A Marine, Sailor, Airman and Soldier walk into a bar....

Post by Lonestar »

This morning I get a text message from Wilkins:
Hey Rob is in town and wants to see dead bodies. You up for it?
(very heavily paraphrased)

I call Beowulf and we all met up in Baltimore.

From left to right:

CmdrWilkins, Myself, Beowulf, and Rob Wilson.

Rob Wilson

Wilkins

And for Hilarity....

The others took some pictures as well, I don't know if they'll pop into the thread or not.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Rob's mot. picture is fucking hilarious. :lol:
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

Awesome. Rob Wilson better have gotten all those adorable stuffed animals.
Vendetta wrote:Richard Gatling was a pioneer in US national healthcare. On discovering that most soldiers during the American Civil War were dying of disease rather than gunshots, he turned his mind to, rather than providing better sanitary conditions and medical care for troops, creating a machine to make sure they got shot faster.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Hawkwings wrote:Awesome. Rob Wilson better have gotten all those adorable stuffed animals.
Damn straight he did - where other tyrants crush the world under their heels with a white kitty, rob is so evil that it can only be offset by 3 cute fluffy animals.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Pretty sure it was more like half a dozen stuffed animals that Rob bought.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Rob Wilson reveals one of his secret tips for scoring with women.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Adrian Laguna
Sith Marauder

Post by Adrian Laguna »

Oh wow, Rob Wilson's jaw looks so tough and manly he could probably kill a veteran Spartan warrior with his face.

On the other end of the spectrum, you can totally tell Beowulf's job is to sit in front of a computer all day.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

What is that...thing growing on your chin, Wilkens? :wtf:
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

RogueIce wrote:What is that...thing growing on your chin, Wilkens? :wtf:
I guess he intends to reinforce his "reservistness" by growing that thing. :lol:
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Re: A Marine, Sailor, Airman and Soldier walk into a bar....

Post by Tsyroc »

Which one is the sailor?

:twisted:
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Seriously?

They're enumerated in order. I didn't know Wilkins was a Marine, but I know Loiny is a sailor. Then there's Beowulf there with his airforce shirt, and that's Robbie.

LOINSTAR is a SEAMAN!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Seriously?

They're enumerated in order. I didn't know Wilkins was a Marine, but I know Loiny is a sailor. Then there's Beowulf there with his airforce shirt, and that's Robbie.

LOINSTAR is a SEAMAN!
He's being sarcastic. The fatman is always the sailor!

EDIT: Unless, of course, there are two fatmen. Then the fatter of the two is a Chief.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Hmm, no shots of the SO's though. Looks like a huge man-date. :wink:

Now I'm jealous, me and Kamakizisith need to go hit Port of Call together.

Hrrumph. :P
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Knife wrote:Hmm, no shots of the SO's though. Looks like a huge man-date. :wink:

Now I'm jealous, me and Kamakizisith need to go hit Port of Call together.

Hrrumph. :P
Aren't you still in Utah?
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

The group shot reinforces my preconceptions about each of the services.
XXXI
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Coyote wrote:
Aren't you still in Utah?
Unfortunately I am. I'm rectifying that but will probably stay here till I get my RN.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Phantasee wrote:The group shot reinforces my preconceptions about each of the services.

Who said that? Who the fuck said that? Who's the slimy little communist shit, twinkle-toed cocksucker down here who just signed his own death warrant? Nobody, huh? The fairy fucking godmother said it. Out-fucking-standing. I will PT you all until you fucking die! I'll PT you until your assholes are sucking buttermilk!
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

"Who said that? Who the fuck said that? Who's the slimy little communist shit, twinkle-toed cocksucker down here who just signed his own death warrant? Nobody, huh? The fairy fucking godmother said it. Out-fucking-standing. I will PT you all until you fucking die! I'll PT you until your assholes are sucking buttermilk!"

heeheehee... :twisted: :P :wink:
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

My wife declined to come. Do have a shot of Rob's date. Didn't get a shot of Wilkens's wife. Not going to put up the pic unless Rob okays it though.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Beowulf wrote:My wife declined to come.
I'm so out of the loop, when the heck did you get married?
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Does that happen often? :P

I'm an asshole.
Last edited by RogueIce on 2008-08-03 05:52pm, edited 1 time in total.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

aerius wrote:
I'm so out of the loop, when the heck did you get married?
Um... last weekend.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Phew! I'm not as far out of the loop as I thought. Congrats!
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Hey when you've been out of the SMCR for 1 year and off contract completely for 9 months then you too can grow facial hair outside of the proscribed 1/8" mustache.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

CmdrWilkens wrote:
Hey when you've been out of the SMCR for 1 year and off contract completely for 9 months then you too can grow facial hair outside of the proscribed 1/8" mustache.
He's just hiding behind regs cause he can't grow one even if he was allowed to. :P

Oh and I didn't know about Beo either; congrats. Did the Air Force issue her to you....ah damn I can't say that with a straight face. The Air Force issue something like a military would....lolz.

:P