Take Five

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Take Five

Post by J »

This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Re: Take Five

Post by Thanas »

Let me guess - you have been watching the BBC programme in which they were featured?

Very relaxing music though.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

Actually I heard them on Jazz FM, they play all kinds of neat music.
They have theme nights where they'll do a blues theme, play French folk songs and all kinds of stuff like that.
My husband & I really like the station, along with our Classical station.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

- Jean-Claude Juncker
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Here is where I first heard of them: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-14232594

Is your classical station any good? I always look for good classical radio. Over here the radios sadly seem to spent one hour playing music, with another hour talking before any further music is played.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

I think it's better than average, though I'd like them to play more pieces without breaks in between.

You can listen to them here.
http://www.classical963fm.com/player/

- Margo Timmins

- Jean-Claude Juncker
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Thanks for that link. I just tuned in and they played music from the thirteenth century.

Very, very impressed with their selection so far.

EDIT: And now they play Sophie Dameman. :luv:
------------
------------
My LPs
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

Glad you like it!

Before they made a format change 3-4 years ago, CBC Radio Two was our best classical station; they played a great selection of music with very few breaks. Unfortunately they're not nearly as focused on classical anymore, with jazz, blues, and even some contemporary music making its way onto their playlist depending on the time of day.

You'll want to tune in from about 9am-1pm and 9am-4pm (eastern time) on weekends for their classical music program.

- Margo Timmins

- Jean-Claude Juncker
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Moving this to AMP since this thread should not be autodeleted.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Guys, I cannot emphasize how good this station actually is. Wide range of selections, including even some lesser known composers and good moderators too. I only wish they would play more Furtwängler....
------------
------------
My LPs
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

My parents were huge fans of the station as was my dentist. I think from when I was born to about age 11 or so this was the main radio station I heard all the time. I'm not much of music person unfortunately so I'm familiar with very few of the pieces & composers they play, but I do have many fond memories of spending hours just listening to the music when I was young.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P