Eve Online Art Contest! : Design a Starship!

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Jaevric
Jedi Knight

Re: Eve Online Art Contest! : Design a Starship!

Post by Jaevric »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:The second place one is such an fing disgrace, how the hell does it look Gallente?
It's got curves and it isn't gold? Aside from that, meh, could be worse. I'd probably fly one depending on how it actually ends up looking in-game, but maybe I have low standards.
Kyler
Padawan Learner

Post by Kyler »

Fuzzy great work, I think your design was one of the best of all that I looked at. Too bad it seems that judges had other ideas of what qualified as good. Many of the finalist's designs I feel were inspired by other Scifi ships, where I can't really think of seeing anything like yours before. Orginality is always a big plus in my book. Your were right, the Tornado was awesome. I thought it was the best before I even read your comment, so it at least it got the credit it deserved.
loomer
Sith Marauder

Post by loomer »

Those are... Pretty shit, actually. Fuzzy, if I played Eve, I'd rather have flown your ship than any of those three.
"Doctors keep their scalpels and other instruments handy, for emergencies. Keep your philosophy ready too—ready to understand heaven and earth. In everything you do, even the smallest thing, remember the chain that links them. Nothing earthly succeeds by ignoring heaven, nothing heavenly by ignoring the earth." M.A.A.A
Fuzzy_Modem
BANNED

Post by Fuzzy_Modem »

Apparently they are having a do-over ?!?
http://evecontest.com/finalvote/

I missed the re-submission date though :(
PERMANENTLY BANNED after being convicted of child sexual abuse.
Prannon
Jedi Knight

Post by Prannon »

The site is contradicting itself. Up at the top it says that entries are accepted until November 15th. Down at the bottom it says that they're accepted until December 15th.
Entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM (EST) on December 14, 2010 and be submitted here.
I say submit it anyway, since the submission button is still working. Then get in touch with some CCP mods or something and see if they can make an acception for you, since there is a contradiction after all.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:The second place one is such an fing disgrace, how the hell does it look Gallente?
What the shit is this? I saw earlier the 'heavy' Astarte/Brutix-styled Battleship hull and thought that was awesome. This ship looks like a racer from Wipeout.

Not a fan of the Tornado. It looks like an upside down, backwards Myrmidon.
Fuzzy_Modem
BANNED

Post by Fuzzy_Modem »

The submission page doesn't actually appear to be working. It keeps kicking back an error like you haven't selected a file to upload. I've tried multiple browsers, multiple computers, and multiple versions and file sizes. No luck. :(
Kenny_10_Bellys
Jedi Knight

Post by Kenny_10_Bellys »

Have you guys noticed that the horrendous Star Trek Online franchise are now pulling the same contest? Their 'design the next Enterprise' contest kicks off with some cheap-ass prizes for the best entries, some of which might end up in the game. The 'you do the hard work' contest would be more acccurate I think. STO is bloody awful, and were it not for the fact that it got the Trek franchise, it would have sunk without trace very quickly.
visit http://www.kennyscrap.com for all your crap model needs.
Temjin
Jedi Council Member

Post by Temjin »

Well, there's another post about the contest on the EVE online main page. They're having the contest again. This time it says that they will be accepting submissions until December 21st.

After that, CCP will choose the semi-finalists, and the winner will be decided by popular vote. I guess the last contest didn't turn out so well...
"A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open."
-Sir James Dewar

Life should have a soundtrack.
Atlan
Jedi Knight

Post by Atlan »

Prannon wrote:There ya go. Fuzzy, resubmit that command ship man! That thing is awesome and I want to see it win! :D
Didn't comment on this first time around, but I second this!

You did an awesome job with the source material, it would be a shame not to resubmit it!
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects."
R.A. Heinlein.
Fuzzy_Modem
BANNED

Post by Fuzzy_Modem »

I've been trying to submit nearly every day, but it keeps kicking back with an error saying I haven't selected a file to upload. I've tried multiple computers and multiple file sizes.

It says "If you are experiencing any issues with the submission, please contact help (at) evecontest.com"

And I have, repeatedly, but my emails keep getting sent back with a "not accepting emails" mailer daemon.

:(
Fuzzy_Modem
BANNED

Post by Fuzzy_Modem »

Yay! I was able to re-submit :)
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Fuzzy_Modem wrote:I've been trying to submit nearly every day, but it keeps kicking back with an error saying I haven't selected a file to upload. I've tried multiple computers and multiple file sizes.

It says "If you are experiencing any issues with the submission, please contact help (at) evecontest.com"

And I have, repeatedly, but my emails keep getting sent back with a "not accepting emails" mailer daemon.

:(
Good luck. Love your design and it's very profesionally done.
CSJM
Padawan Learner

Post by CSJM »

I've been aware of the contest long ago, but didn't want to enter anything because, well, I tend to fall short of finishing things, so I couldn't possibly make anything notable. But I did have an idea of sorts, and while now is quite too late, I still decided to spend an hour or two today, and draw the design I thought of. I'm posting it here because I know next to nothing of the game, and would like to know whether something like this would fit into it at all.

I call it the Wakizashi Ace Custom, a fast attack cruiser for elite pilots.
Controller Sean 'Jaguar' Mirrsen
Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Grand Master RtD GM.
GM of Multiworld Madness, a Roll to Dodge epic.
GM of Space Whaler Escape!, a Roll to Dodge survival/skirmish.
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

Eve Onine Contest

Thats the final selection, and goodness me! Entry 230 looks remarkably familiar! :D Even the bitttergits on SHC like it!

Well done, mate!
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
Norade
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norade »

How do you vote? I can see your design, but I can't find an option to vote.
School requires more work than I remember it taking...
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Ye gods, compare this lot to the joke of the Start trek entries.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Fuzzy_Modem
BANNED

Post by Fuzzy_Modem »

Voting (facebook like) isn't available yet. I'll post when it is.

Remember that the Enterprise contest is just getting started. I don't think the cream of the crop have been uploaded yet because they are still wips. Same thing happened with the Eve and StarCraft contests. It simply takes a lot of time to create a top-notch entry, and many artists will keep polishing up until the deadline. Though with voting already begun on the Enterprise contest, that might be a disadvantage this time around...

IT looks very pretty CSJM, though I don't play the game enough to tell you how well it fits, it doesn't really seem to NOT fit. Too bad you missed the re-submission period :(
Fuzzy_Modem
BANNED

Post by Fuzzy_Modem »

The "Final Vote" has begun! Please vote for my spaceship! :
http://www.evecontest.com/finalvote/?id=10

(Please wait, it takes a minute to load, you may have to log in on the contest page, and if you can't find it, search for "by Shawn W", it's got a bright red border) Thanks so very, very much, and wish me luck! :)
Fuzzy_Modem
BANNED

Post by Fuzzy_Modem »

I made runner up in the re-vote!:
http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.as ... ID=1496683

$600!

A Eve Online Battleship scale model (should I get the Megathron, the Raven or the Abaddon?)

Also an EVE Online BattleMat Mousepad, an EVE Online 3-pcs Decal Set, and an EVE Online Poster.

There is a bit of an asterisk, as they goofed and selected 2 Amarr runners up when they were only supposed to select one from each race. Also they got my last initial wrong, but it's correct on the contest site so... no takebacks! :p
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Aaah hell, didn't quite make it here in time to congratulate you. Here's hoping the runner-ups make it into the game as well...especially as I can fly Amarr command ships. :)
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Fuzzy_Modem
BANNED

Post by Fuzzy_Modem »

White Haven wrote:Aaah hell, didn't quite make it here in time to congratulate you. Here's hoping the runner-ups make it into the game as well...especially as I can fly Amarr command ships. :)
I accept your congratulations retroactively :p

They've said that they may add the winner and runners up from this contest to the game, as well as the winner of the first vote (the Tornado) but if it mine does get added I imagine it will be quite some time from now.