Havok's Drawings (NSFW)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Re: Havok's Drawings (NSFW)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

MEOW!!!!

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Ford Prefect wrote:Also, does that tallest building belong to Lex Luthor?
You always pick up the little details. :D
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

You just need to keep putting them in. :wink: I just like how it's just that bit taller than the Wayne Industries building. Adding background details that imply stuff about the world is always a good thing, even if they're not necessarily plot important. Having LexCorp buildings in an important city like Gotham gives a more tangible feel to Luthor's wealth and power - I never really get the impression that he does stuff outside of Metropolis.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Ford Prefect wrote: I just like how it's just that bit taller than the Wayne Industries building.
Nice! :D

OK Bear. Here you go. I wanted to do something with a lot of black. :wink:

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Suddenly, werewolves! The one on the left looks especially nasty. You know, I think it would be cool if you did something experimental with shadows at some point. Lots of contrasting black and white.
What is Project Zohar?

Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

This is... quite spectacular. How long does it take you to draw one like the werewolf picture?

And Ford, it's the one on the right that's nasty. The ones to the left and middle look like they're being defensive and "Don't come any closer". The one on the right is just sitting and staring because it knows it can ruin your day.

And Hav buddy, you need to get around to drawing either of these! :)
Darth Wong wrote:...or Samson drinking a gallon of honey and then killing a thousand soldiers with the jawbone of a donkey
or a thousand foot Jesus running around breathing fire with a sword sticking out of his mouth.
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
The Yosemite Bear

simple really the were-wolves are descendants of Romulus and Remus.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Havok, I wonder if you could do a picture of Lex Luthor and Bruce Wayne shaking hands at a big corporate press conference? You can incorporate the logos for their two companies that I've done (Wayne Enterprises symbol and LexCorp symbol). You could also include Lucius Fox and Talia al Ghul, angrily glaring at each other, while Wayne and Lex are falsely smirking at each other.
'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

The use of rubbing out to make the Gotham searchlights was really cool. Catwoman's tits and leather/vinyl/latex look great.

The White Assassin's hair is a bit dodgy, though. Wind blows stuff in rolling currents (unless it's a properly powerful constant blast), like the dust in the background, it should follow that sort of motion.

The Dredd background is amazing, though, I can well never be bothered with that amount of ruler-use.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Judge Dredd!
Judge Dwead!! /Walter Voice
W000t :D. I've been on a JD comic binge lately, you have perfect timing :D. (Also, JD suits your style well. Big, masculine, realisticish, and lots of grizzle and whatnot).

I loves Judge Dweadd! /Walter again.

Now, tell me, ever read anything with Judge Death? ;)
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
The Yosemite Bear

but judge anderson is much more fun....

Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

DEATH wrote:Now, tell me, ever read anything with Judge Death? ;)
Your crime is LIFE... Your sentence is DEATH!
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Actually Hav, I wouldn't mind seeing you try your hands at the Dark Judges.
What is Project Zohar?

Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

It's already on the table. Before I added the background and erased "GUILTY", I sketched out Death in a similar pose saying "DEATH", but I decided that instead of the background, it would be the other Dark Judges.

Maybe I will try to time myself... I don't really know how long I spend on the super detailed drawings.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
The Yosemite Bear

hmmm given Havok's ability to draw the female form in a realistic manner for a comic book style, I wonder if Anderson will be showing up in a pic of the dark judges?

damn, another week in an iso-cell for sexually harrassing thoughts....

Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Havok wrote:Maybe I will try to time myself... I don't really know how long I spend on the super detailed drawings.
I think you should. If it's short, then we won't feel bad about saying 'Hav, hey Hav, draw this man!' all the time. :)
What is Project Zohar?

Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Rye wrote:The use of rubbing out to make the Gotham searchlights was really cool.
Thanks. It was actually just a simple eraser swipe.
Catwoman's tits and leather/vinyl/latex look great.
Thanks again. I think you probably have more experience with vinyl than I do, so that means something. :D
The White Assassin's hair is a bit dodgy, though. Wind blows stuff in rolling currents (unless it's a properly powerful constant blast), like the dust in the background, it should follow that sort of motion.
Yeah, Jenn says the same thing. Maybe I'll give it a quick fix.
The Dredd background is amazing, though, I can well never be bothered with that amount of ruler-use.
I'm forcing myself. It sucks.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Your Catwoman is just amazing!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

The Catwoman pick is now my Background. Great Job, Havoc! **HUGGLES**
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Hav, I was thinking, you're working on your fine detail, right? Have you considered drawing something mechanically quite complex, such as a car engine?
What is Project Zohar?

Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Zablorg wrote:This is... quite spectacular. How long does it take you to draw one like the werewolf picture?
Man, I think it took maybe an hour, but that is just because of the shading. BORING! I need to get a big giant pencil for that. :D
And Hav buddy, you need to get around to drawing either of these! :)
Darth Wong wrote:...or Samson drinking a gallon of honey and then killing a thousand soldiers with the jawbone of a donkey
or a thousand foot Jesus running around breathing fire with a sword sticking out of his mouth.
:lol: What the fuck was Mike smoking? :lol:
We'll see.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

LadyTevar wrote:The Catwoman pick is now my Background. Great Job, Havoc! **HUGGLES**
You're welcome. Sorry there are less cats than the other version, but they were throwing off the perspective... which is teetering on wrong to begin with now that I haven't looked at it for a bit. :?
Ford Prefect wrote:Hav, I was thinking, you're working on your fine detail, right? Have you considered drawing something mechanically quite complex, such as a car engine?
Interesting. I have drawn them before, but not with as much attention to detail as I am doing now.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

It might be worth the time looking into drawing some complex machines, such as the movie Iron Man suit or something. Try your hand at mechanical design, not just character design. :)
What is Project Zohar?

The Yosemite Bear

why am I now picturing Lobo mk II, now upstaged by space hog p0rn....

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Draw a Terminator. A T-800! Mechanically complex AND all biker badass!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!