Pony image dump thread (NO 56k, PIC HEAVY)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Rabid
Jedi Knight

Re: Pony image dump thread (NO 56k, PIC HEAVY)

Post by Rabid »

Shadow6 wrote:Caught this just before I was preparing a batch of posts.

Proposed solution:
  • If you are posting an image, upload/transload it to Imgur and select the "Large Thumbnail" option, which will resize it to a max of 640x640.
  • If you have a high resolution/quality version available but not the original source, upload it to Imageshack or some other host and link the thumbnail to the high res version.
  • If you have the source, post a link to the page (Deviantart, Tumblr, etc.) and make the image link to the direct dA/Tumblr high quality version. (Note, Tumblr image links expire, so make sure you grab the redirection link.)
Previously I'd been using Imageshack because it dealt with transparencies much better and it was a hassle to switch it out with Imgur in batch posts. The only problem is that the Imageshack's resizing algorithm can oftentimes still result in a bloated filesize.

From now on I'll use Imgur except where transparencies are important enough to need preservation. I'm inclined to predict that this will be the major contributor to reducing loading time. :)
Good for me. :D

Sorry to be a party pooper, but this has been annoying me for a while now. I can't even imagine how it is for RogueIce or the other who are stuck with genuine old-fashioned dial-up...
Rabid
Jedi Knight

Post by Rabid »

IAmNotACleverPony is back from her 7 month hiatus.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Rabid wrote:IAmNotACleverPony is back from her 7 month hiatus.
Awesomesauce.

Somebody here had better follow the comments and post her new link/name/etc if she releases it. Or it'll be off to the moon with you!

Hope she doesn't give up Pony music. I liked her style. And, as well know, "For The New Lunar Republic" is just, well, awesome. And catchy. And infinitely remix-able.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Rabid
Jedi Knight

Post by Rabid »

Rabid
Jedi Knight

Post by Rabid »

Dat scrunchy face ~~~~

(source)
evilsoup
Jedi Knight

Post by evilsoup »

And also one of the ingredients to making a pony is cocaine. -Darth Fanboy.

My Little Warhammer: Friendship is Heresy - Latest Chapter: 7 - Rainbow Crash
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

What's with this fandom and trying to wooby-ify every villian? Hey, I enjoy a tragic backstory as much as the next guy (BTAS Heart of Ice is awesome for this) but some villians are just that: villians. And personally I think the Evil Queen works better that way.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

evilsoup wrote:[url=http://peppersupreme.deviantart.com/art ... -297788575]I Almost Forgot About My FFF by PepperSupreme
Dang, This one just skewers Canterlott Wedding expertly.
Oscar Wilde
Padawan Learner

Post by Oscar Wilde »

Few pieces of art by Insomniacovrlrd
Paraisitic Elegance

More Ribbon

Ghosts of Former Equestria (End of Ponies fanart. You should totally read that by the way)
It's funny how every Cracked reader seems to change occupation in between reading each article, so that they always end up being irrefutable field experts in whatever topic is at hand.-Dirty_Bastard, cracked.com commentator