Bristol Balloon Fiesta.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Bristol Balloon Fiesta.

Post by Big Orange »

OK, a few days ago a fair few balloons passed over my neighborhood:

'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Re: Bristol Balloon Fiesta.

Post by Big Orange »

'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

Lt. Dan
Jedi Knight

Post by Lt. Dan »

Heh, so you have one too? Every October, the Albuquerque sky is congested with tons of balloons in our balloonfiesta. I wonder if the 'fiesta' in your title came out of ours. I mean, for New Mexico, spanglish is all over the place, but I didn't know it was such a pervasive things, mixing english and spanish. :)

One thing that we don't have (or atleast I haven't seen,) is the one with the half naked chick on it. We do have a bunch of special shape balloons like Vader, the Creamland cow, piggie banks with bank logos on them, and other things like that. One thing the world needs is a balloon that is in the shape of a half naked chick. :D
d(-_-)b
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

I wouldn't be surprised if the balloon crews do a circular world tour, from the Bristol Balloon Fiesta all the way round to New Mexico's Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta (and why the name spread).

Triump International are a German lingerie company.