[T-1000] Nice to know how things work around here.

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

T-1000
Padawan Learner

[T-1000] Nice to know how things work around here.

Post by T-1000 »

If you disagree with a Mod in debate, they insult you and then lock the thread so you can't respond.

Oh, and if you think it's wrong and say something about it, they delete your posts. Glad to know there is a nice abuse of power going on here.
Look not to the hands of God for the keys to your salvation, but to your own hands. And if they are not there, search your pockets, or the kitchen table. Think. Where did you leave them last?
T-1000
Padawan Learner

Post by T-1000 »

Hey Ghost Rider, want to delete this thread too and prove me right?
Look not to the hands of God for the keys to your salvation, but to your own hands. And if they are not there, search your pockets, or the kitchen table. Think. Where did you leave them last?
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

No but moving to the Hall of Shame is what we do to whiny bitches.

But hey, you want to keep racking it up...keep them coming :lol:
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Re: Nice to know how things work around here.

Post by Lord Revan »

T-1000 wrote:If you disagree with a Mod in debate, they insult you and then lock the thread so you can't respond.

Oh, and if you think it's wrong and say something about it, they delete your posts. Glad to know there is a nice abuse of power going on here.
Well that not even close to the truth , I've disagreed with a mod many times, but the thread have never been locked because of this disagreement. Admins baseless accusement of mods very kindly. You lost, take it like man.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Yo, T-1000, here's a clue-when one
1. blithely assumes the JLA will be able to do stuff they canonically never do (let's not bring up that pathetic 'writer's intent' copout),
2. from that assumption concludes that since the JLA should be able to, AMAZO WILL be able to, and
3. keeps cycling through that,
that's not debating, it's fanwanking.
Thanks for ruining what was shaping up to be an interesting comics debate.
:evil:
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Something to consider T-1000. I've disagreed with Mike Wong on many ocassions, even made it on his Hate Mail page years ago. And I don't recieve the treatment you claim mods show. Hell, I'm a mod and I don't practice that treatment either.

BTW, standing SD.net policy, delete nothing.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

T-1000 wrote:If you disagree with a Mod in debate, they insult you and then lock the thread so you can't respond.
Oh boo hoo, pity me, the mean old Mods are locking threads I troll in! Cry me a fucking river. That thread was locked because you don't comprehend the simple concept of providing evidence and performing analysis.. Like every other comic fanwhore my forum gets.
Keep at it, shitlicker. Seriously. Keep accusing the mods of abuse of power without evidence of any real abuse. That way you'll get banned and I won't have to be concerned about pathetic comic wankers trolling my domain. Makes my life alot more relaxing, trust me.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Where do they make these guys, didn't he learn anything comicwhore trio banning we had.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Vertigo1
Defender of the Night

Post by Vertigo1 »

Alyeska wrote:Something to consider T-1000. I've disagreed with Mike Wong on many ocassions, even made it on his Hate Mail page years ago. And I don't recieve the treatment you claim mods show. Hell, I'm a mod and I don't practice that treatment either.

BTW, standing SD.net policy, delete nothing.
Just to add on to this, I've disagreed with atleast half of the current moderators on many occasions and Mike himself atleast twice. I've been mocked a few times, got my posts torn apart, but thats as far as it went. (Hell, ASVS has a damn page MOCKING me (and Reaperman) FFS....which is quite funny IMO.) It also helps to not take forum posts so damned personally. (Yes, I know...I'm a hypocrite on this given my past on SB.) If you don't whine about it, and suck it up, nobody will care.
"I once asked Rebecca to sing Happy Birthday to me during sex. That was funny, especially since I timed my thrusts to sync up with the words. And yes, it was my birthday." - Darth Wong

Leader of the SD.Net Gargoyle Clan | Spacebattles Firstone | Twitter
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

I've given a mod or two some shit, and I don't recall them "abusing" their powers. They've been pretty good about keeping their Regular Poster and Moderator behaviors separate.
The Great and Malignant
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

also me and crayz are the only ones who are allowed to say anything about mods abusing their power and then only in relation to our selves. :evil:

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Eat Shit and Die. You don't insult the mods by claiming abuse of power dimwit. General Rule: If a mod posts in a thread, they don't try to moderate that thread.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Talon Karrde
Fundamentalist Moron

Post by Talon Karrde »

Better be getting used to it if you plan on sticking around.
Boycott France
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

Talon Karrde wrote:Better be getting used to it if you plan on sticking around.
:roll:
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

I'm getting pissed off.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Talon Karrde wrote:

Better be getting used to it if you plan on sticking around.
Your case is special. We really don't tolerate ignorant, bigoted drones around here at all.
To Absent Friends

Dalton

Post by Dalton »

T-1000 wrote:Hey Ghost Rider, want to delete this thread too and prove me right?
*rolls up sleeves*

Hey "T-1000", you want to tangle with an Admin instead? I'm spoiling for a fight.

Don't accuse my fellow mods of abusing their powers without ample evidence (and them locking your stupidity is not evidence). That's a short road to a world of shit.
To Absent Friends

Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Dalton wrote:
T-1000 wrote:Hey Ghost Rider, want to delete this thread too and prove me right?
*rolls up sleeves*

Hey "T-1000", you want to tangle with an Admin instead? I'm spoiling for a fight.

Don't accuse my fellow mods of abusing their powers without ample evidence (and them locking your stupidity is not evidence). That's a short road to a world of shit.
Wouldn't be much of a fight, would it? Only relevant difference between admin and supermod is the Ban Cannon...
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
AdmiralKanos
Lex Animata
Lex Animata

Post by AdmiralKanos »

I'm fed up with the way every goddamned idiot who ever has a mod do anything to him at all (locking a thread, saying bad things to him, telling him not to use the broken-record debating technique) immediately starts blasting the board administration. So let's make this clear for you whiny dipshits: if this is how you choose to handle a dispute with a mod, you're history.

Goodbye, shitlicker. Don't let the door hit your whiny dipshit troll ass on the way out.

PS. Maybe we need an addendum to the board rules: publicly whining about "abuse of power", unfair rules, moderator policies, etc. is a good way to get banned. After all, what are you going to do if you get banned? Publicly accuse us of abusing our power? Whoops- you're already doing that, aren't you? So we really have nothing to lose by banning you, do we? Fucking morons ...
For a time, I considered sparing your wretched little planet Cybertron.
But now, you shall witnesss ... its dismemberment!

"This is what happens when you use trivia napkins for research material"- Sea Skimmer on "Pearl Harbour".
"Do you work out? Your hands are so strong! Especially the right one!"- spoken to Bud Bundy
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Rogue 9 wrote:
Dalton wrote:
*rolls up sleeves*

Wouldn't be much of a fight, would it? Only relevant difference between admin and supermod is the Ban Cannon...
Jesus fuck, who the fuck asked you?
To Absent Friends

Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

And again.... a 2002 alumni blows a gasket.

Well, at least were weeding out those that signed up on the boards when they opened just to sign up on the boards....

Or else, all of us that signed on in 2002 have a time bomb implanted waiting to go off...

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Is it just me, or does the Fantasy forum seem to be generating a larger percentage of the twits lately?
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Ender wrote:Is it just me, or does the Fantasy forum seem to be generating a larger percentage of the twits lately?
If you recall the Fantasy forum was created BECAUSE of comic fanwankery. So it will always be the home base of the biggest and most annoying idiots. I see a big shift away from Trekkie trolls to the comic fanwhores.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Hey watch IT, I am one of the more intellegent debators over in fantasy....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:Hey watch IT, I am one of the more intellegent debators over in fantasy....
YB...I ran the place from day one.

It is literally the biggest hotspot for the literal morons. The whole reason the place came into existence was because someone decided that they needd to demonstrate their complete stupidity of analyzation into a 19 page monstrocity that was was about Scarlet Spidey vs Jedi.

No one is saying posting in Fantasy or arguing means you're an idiot, but there is no denying that forum attracts usually the worst of the fools and fanwhores. SLAM and N&P morons at least have a pseudo intelligence...the dipshits who come here thin king that what works in other forums works here that go straight for fantasy, are the same dipshits who pervade so many comic book boards that all they do is circle jerk on how great their character is.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete