[Imperium²] Man VS Beast

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

Imperium²
BANNED

[Imperium²] Man VS Beast

Post by Imperium² »

Serioulsy, it seems to me that there are a lot of people who are afraid of animals and would rather run that fight off a dog or some other wild animal. Granted, some animals are too big (tigers, lions, buffalo etc) but wouldn't you have to agree that a 150 lbs man (fairly fit) could open a can of whoop ass on a 80-100 pound dog? Do people inherently believe they are weaker? Do they not want to get hurt? What I say!?

Editor's note: Possible Raoul Duke, Jr. sock puppet. Will be removed if that is confirmed.
My E-mail address is king.cosmos@verizon.net, my IP address is 4.41.199.100, and I think that kicking my girlfriend's yard dog makes me a l33t str33t warrior.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Depends entirely on the dog. Yeah, you could theoretically open up a can of whoop-ass on a Rottweiler, but you'd better hope you don't miss on that first kick, because if you let him get in close he'll own you.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
BoredShirtless
BANNED

Re: Man VS Beast

Post by BoredShirtless »

Imperium² wrote:Serioulsy, it seems to me that there are a lot of people who are afraid of animals and would rather run that fight off a dog or some other wild animal. Granted, some animals are too big (tigers, lions, buffalo etc) but wouldn't you have to agree that a 150 lbs man (fairly fit) could open a can of whoop ass on a 80-100 pound dog? Do people inherently believe they are weaker? Do they not want to get hurt? What I say!?
Sorry, but there are many more variables to the equation then just body weight.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

It's the teeth attached to the dog that people fear. :P
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Imperium²
BANNED

Post by Imperium² »

I believe it would just be human fear activating the flight response and people not knowing how to "fight" per-se. What does a dog have really? Its jaws? Claws maybe but I don't think a dog uses them in fighting or hunting like a bear or a large cat would. If you kept a level head and were fairly fit, I bet you could kick practically any dogs ass.
My E-mail address is king.cosmos@verizon.net, my IP address is 4.41.199.100, and I think that kicking my girlfriend's yard dog makes me a l33t str33t warrior.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Well, maybe you have a death wish, but the only way I know that I would go up against a dog would be if I had a gun...

That's mainly because compared to animals like dogs, humans physically totally suck and are extremely weak.
Last edited by Spanky The Dolphin on 2004-04-27 11:28am, edited 1 time in total.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:It's the teeth attached to the dog that people fear. :P
And people fear the dog more when its master is a fucking idiot who turn a nice gentle breed into a four legged weapon,don't just kick the dog cripple his owners too.
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
Imperium²
BANNED

Post by Imperium² »

:? I think people are just pussies and are afraid of getting hurt. I am not saying that you wouldnt get bit or scratched but for christs sake people! :roll:
Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Post by Superman »

It does depend on the dog and the person. I think that a dog's killer instinct tends to scare people and that's why they run. Of course this makes the dog give chase. Unless we have some sort of conditioned ability to fight back, it seems most people don't really know what to do.

Take me, for example. You've seen my pic so you've seen my size. Since I am a wrestler, I would probably grab it and slam it onto the ground with as much force as possible. Since I'm over 250 pounds and work out regularly, I theoretically should have the ability to kill it on impact. The problem is that dogs can use their teeth to rip the shit out my skin and tissue quickly. I can think of other things to do to it (poke out its eyes, rip its tail off, etc), but dogs are quick and you really have to be quicker.

Here's the bottom line. If a dog charges you barking and snarling, and you run away in fear, it's going to chase and attack you. If you get pissed, stand your ground and get ready to kick its ass, you will probably win. It's really a game of psychology and conditioning. If you’re conditioned to put your fear aside, you'll find that you have the power to kick lots of ass.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

So why don't you go prove your theory and report back when you get out of traction?

Dumbass... :roll:

EDIT: just in case, this is to Imperium and not Supes.

BoredShirtless
BANNED

Post by BoredShirtless »

Imperium² wrote::? I think people are just pussies and are afraid of getting hurt. I am not saying that you wouldnt get bit or scratched but for christs sake people! :roll:
Dude, you should do a bit of research into dogs like Rottis and Pitt Bulls.
Superman

Post by Superman »

What I could see happening to myself against a dog would be something like this: As I tried to grab it, the dog takes hold of my forearm and tears the skin causing me to bleed. While it's doing that, I drop my body weight onto its head (hopefully it's concrete). That would be the end of the dog but I would probably have to get stitches.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

I think you would need more than just stitches. If a dog tore into your arm like you describe, you're gonna get really fucked up.

Imperium²
BANNED

Post by Imperium² »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:So why don't you go prove your theory and report back when you get out of traction?

Sissy. You can take a look at what Steve Irwin does with crocodiles. Of course, when the croc is really big and heavy there are multiple people. If you had a person who is physically fit, had a pretty good idea how to fight and was the same size (weight) against most dogs, I think it would be an easy win for a human.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

So what if I'm a sissy? Cowards live longer than over-inflated testicle morons like you, anyway. :P

Your example of Steve Irwin is flawed mainly because:

He's a wild animal handler and most people are not. That's what his JOB is.

Again, if you're so sure, then go prove it yourself.

General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Imperium² wrote:
Spanky The Dolphin wrote:So why don't you go prove your theory and report back when you get out of traction?

Sissy. You can take a look at what Steve Irwin does with crocodiles. Of course, when the croc is really big and heavy there are multiple people. If you had a person who is physically fit, had a pretty good idea how to fight and was the same size (weight) against most dogs, I think it would be an easy win for a human.
Have you ever actually gone up against a 100+ pound dog? Not everyone is physically fit or has a good idea how to fight you know.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
BoredShirtless
BANNED

Post by BoredShirtless »

Imperium² wrote:Sissy. You can take a look at what Steve Irwin does with crocodiles. Of course, when the croc is really big and heavy there are multiple people.
False analogy. Steve Irwin would NOT approach crocodiles if they had the speed, hearing and aggressivness of an aggressive dog.
If you had a person who is physically fit, had a pretty good idea how to fight and was the same size (weight) against most dogs, I think it would be an easy win for a human.
I love the way you've backpedalled from "dogs" to "most dogs".
Superman

Post by Superman »

Steve Irwin is not FIGHTING these animals. He's just containing them. If you watch him against something like a croc, he doesn't do it alone. I promise you that if he decided to actually fight something like that he would lose.

Spanky, you might be right. It depends on the dog, I think.
Imperium²
BANNED

Post by Imperium² »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:So what if I'm a sissy? Cowards live longer than over-inflated testicle morons like you, anyway. :P

Most people, smost people. When I am saying physically fit, I am not implying Arnold and when I am saying "knowing how to fight" and am not talking about being a 5th degree blackbelt either. If a person kept their wits about them and used their strengh, speed and intelligence, humans could easily whoop most dogs. I think most people are strong enough and quick enough to handle most situations with most kinds of dogs.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Imperium² wrote:Sissy. You can take a look at what Steve Irwin does with crocodiles. Of course, when the croc is really big and heavy there are multiple people. If you had a person who is physically fit, had a pretty good idea how to fight and was the same size (weight) against most dogs, I think it would be an easy win for a human.
Steve Erwin messes with reptiles who aren't fighting him. A crocodile has set reactions to stimuli. Erwin has a death wish, but he isn't retarded. He does know what he's doing. If a dog has it in its mind that it wants you dead, it's not just going to snap; it's going to maul.

While crocdillians usually just go for the nearest appendage, dogs are evolved from predatory canids that know the weak points on larger animals. It will go for your throat. A crocodile's "strategy" is just to bite and twist (and drag you underwater and drown you, if applicable). A dog will rip your fucking jugular out. And that'll be that.

The only way an ordinary, unarmed human can beat a dog is to have it bite his or her arm. Sound suicidal? Just make sure you're past the teeth. With your arm at the back of the mouth like a bit and the dog locked on, you can clobber it on the head until its jaw breaks.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Imperium² wrote:Most people, smost people. When I am saying physically fit, I am not implying Arnold and when I am saying "knowing how to fight" and am not talking about being a 5th degree blackbelt either. If a person kept their wits about them and used their strengh, speed and intelligence, humans could easily whoop most dogs. I think most people are strong enough and quick enough to handle most situations with most kinds of dogs.
DO YOU HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE OR DIRECT EVIDENCE TO BACK UP YOUR CLAIM?

If not, than you're just dick waving.

Superman

Post by Superman »

The only way an ordinary, unarmed human can beat a dog is to have it bite his or her arm. Sound suicidal? Just make sure you're past the teeth. With your arm at the back of the mouth like a bit and the dog locked on, you can clobber it on the head until its jaw breaks
Agreed. A big dude like myself who knows how to toss things around is probably in a better position to beat a dog in a fight. I would use my body weight.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Imperium² wrote:
Spanky The Dolphin wrote:So what if I'm a sissy? Cowards live longer than over-inflated testicle morons like you, anyway. :P

Most people, smost people. When I am saying physically fit, I am not implying Arnold and when I am saying "knowing how to fight" and am not talking about being a 5th degree blackbelt either. If a person kept their wits about them and used their strengh, speed and intelligence, humans could easily whoop most dogs. I think most people are strong enough and quick enough to handle most situations with most kinds of dogs.
i'll ask again. Have you personally ever gone up against a 100+ pound dog?
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Robert Walper
Dishonest Resident Borg Fan-Whore

Post by Robert Walper »

I personally don't fear dogs. I feel quite confident I could handle most with relative ease. However, one must remember to respect dogs. Rabies can be a bitch, and even the toughest SOB can be caught by surprise.

With that in mind, the best approach with any animal being a pain or acting threatening is to "growl louder" so to speak(within reason, I wouldn't recommend that with a 1200 pound grizzly bear :shock: ).

I've had several encounters with dogs, including a few large ones. It never came to an actual fighting situation, because frankly, I had no fear of the dog, and I made it clear in no uncertain terms I ain't afraid of fighting it if necessary. In every case, the dog has backed off, usually quickly and with what I would call visible respect.

I don't consider dogs all that threatening. Their primary weapon is their teeth which can be kept at bay, or numbers. And most humans have the advantage of intelligence as well. A good solid wood or metal club, or knife can make alot of humans quite a foe.
BoredShirtless
BANNED

Post by BoredShirtless »

Imperium² wrote:Most people, smost people. When I am saying physically fit, I am not implying Arnold and when I am saying "knowing how to fight" and am not talking about being a 5th degree blackbelt either. If a person kept their wits about them and used their strengh, speed and intelligence, humans could easily whoop most dogs. I think most people are strong enough and quick enough to handle most situations with most kinds of dogs.
Could you be anymore furious in your backpedaling? Look at those legs go!