Ban poll for Lord Jax

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

Should Lord Jax be banned?

Yes
91%
No
9%

Total votes: 53

RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Ban poll for Lord Jax

Post by RedImperator »

In his time here, Lord Jax has contributed virtually no useful original content and has now three times plagarized others' work, despite being confronted with evidence of his plagarism and being told by Darth Wong directly to stop. The moderators have agreed this is a bannable offense, should the board in general agree.

The evidence:

The Aliens Are Not Insects Project

The first, and most damning, of the plagarism threads. You'll notice that other members belived the work was his initially, and he made no attempt to correct that impression until he was confronted with irrefutable evidence he had copied the essay. This contradicts any later claims he made or might make that he merely committed an error in good faith.

Alien, Investigated

The second thread, where he was told by Darth Wong personally to cease and desist.

Theory of Alien Propagation

This thread has been moved to the HoS and retitled. In this, the final straw, he cited the author in a DISCLAIMER, at the bottom of the article, in small type. It's a clear attempt to obey the letter of the law while still giving the impression that it's his work.

You have seen the evidence, it is time to render judgement.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Yes.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Bertie Wooster
Jedi Council Member
Location: reposed at the bosom of Nyx on the shores of Formentera

Post by Bertie Wooster »

I don't think there's much choice in the matter since the owner of this site has much work of his own that we wouldn't want to see plagiarized.

It sends a very bad message not banning someone who uses the forum as an audience for work they rip-off from others.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Yes.
JADAFETWA
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

virtually all of his threads have been worthless polls. most of whose answers could have been figured out by a simple google search. i see absolutely nothing useful he's put forth.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Plagiarism is punishable up to 10 years in prison in some cases (according to plagiarism.org) . I say ban.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

He's a net-negative contributor. Before he was just worthless, now with his plagiarism, he's less than worthless. Boot his ass.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Yes. He was given every chance to stop, but he did it three times! And he was told in the very first example what was wrong with what he did, and given a slap on the wrist, and he seemingly complied. The very least he could have done was cite the author's name as the author's work, in the by line - not put it down as a disclaimer.

Ban him.
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

Yes, three strikes, you're out.

This attitude cannot be tolerated on a board where a great deal of members have to do such dissertations and follow the plagiarism code. Jax had better shape up if he is going to try this game at uni.
Captain tycho
Has Elected to Receive

Post by Captain tycho »

Ban him I say!
He's contributed nothing but plagiarised articles to this board. Let's not put up with this ass any longer than we have to.
Captain Tycho!
The worst fucker ever!
The Best reciever ever!
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Ban him...first time was nearly enough...the next two are icing.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Burn his ass. I hate plagiarism like the devil, and I know what it's like to get it bleveled at me.

Bye Bye Jax.
Image Image
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Accidentally hit no. *crucifies self to save horsemen the trouble*

Plagarism=bad. Disclaimer....how droll...
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Chardok wrote:Accidentally hit no. *crucifies self to save horsemen the trouble*

Plagarism=bad. Disclaimer....how droll...
You crucified yourself? Damn, that's flexibility.

Plagiarism, it s liking lying about your accomplshments, without the charm of originality.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

I should add, for the record, I voted yes. Considering that this board is composed primarily of academic and creative types, I expect this poll to be nearly unanimous.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

So far, it is. Chardok said that he voted No on accident.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

I made my opinion clear in the second thread. The third is simply a big "fuck you" to anyone who has ever created any work themselves.

Ban his fucking ass.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Well, there goes another useless dipshit. I love it when this happens, it gives me happy feelings. Ban him and be done with the worthless cockbreath.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
The Kernel
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Kernel »

Ban. If he were more useful to the board and actually contributed from time to time, then things might be different but he doesn't so they aren't.
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

Makes me wish that all the other dead weight on the board would screw up this badly so we could get rid of them, as well.
Damien Sorresso

- The Onion
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

Yes.
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

When he joined, I read a warning from someone (can't remember who) about him. I can't remember what exactly we were all warned about, but the fact that there's something bad enough about him that his reputation precedes him can't mean anything good.

For all the previously listed reasons with the one above for emphasis, ban.
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Mayabird wrote:When he joined, I read a warning from someone (can't remember who) about him. I can't remember what exactly we were all warned about, but the fact that there's something bad enough about him that his reputation precedes him can't mean anything good.

For all the previously listed reasons with the one above for emphasis, ban.
I think that was Techno_Union who warned us.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Lord Jax
BANNED

Re: Ban poll for Lord Jax

Post by Lord Jax »

This thread has been moved to the HoS and retitled. In this, the final straw, he cited the author in a DISCLAIMER, at the bottom of the article, in small type. It's a clear attempt to obey the letter of the law while still giving the impression that it's his work.

Hell, arent we going to far lets look disclaimer means not claiming credit
Also i lowered the print once to make sure there is no cofusion with the aritcle also when you are signing a form do you read the small print if not im sorry but your pretty dumb.
"A Royal Guardsman never seeks special privileges. Ever. His entire goal in life is to serve the Emperor, and the New Order he has created. His goal in life, and his desire in death."
-Major Tierce, Spector of the Past
StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Re: Ban poll for Lord Jax

Post by StarshipTitanic »

Lord Jax wrote:

Hell, arent we going to far lets look disclaimer means not claiming credit
Also i lowered the print once to make sure there is no cofusion with the aritcle also when you are signing a form do you read the small print if not im sorry but your pretty dumb.
Yes, insult our intelligence. We'll definitely take our votes back now...
"Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me...God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist." -- Academician Prokhor Zakharov

"Hal grabs life by the balls and doesn't let you do that [to] hal."

"I hereby declare myself master of the known world."