Stewart from SDI sucks RSA cock

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Stewart at SDI
Pathological liar

The size question?

Post by Stewart at SDI »

The Galaxy we live in is a little over 100,000 LY across. If you look in the origional Frans Joseph Designs Hand Book, there is a diagram of the part of the Galixy surounding the Federation. The Federation is 4,500 LY in radius centered on Earth. It is flanked by the Klingons on one side and the Romulans on the other. The Tholians have a very small bubble at the edge of theGalixy and at the triple point of the three. It is at the point were the three nutral zones meet that the "Galactic Planet of Peace" is located. See ST-5. On the side by the Romulans, but closer to the Galaxies center, lie the Gorns with 2/3rds of the volume of the Romies. In a similar possition on the other side of the Federation, next to the Klingons are the Kzin, in a smaller space than the Gorns. Also over there are the Lyrans, Hydrans and some nation that I can't remember. The Orion Pirates home is inside Fed space. They fought a great running FTL battle with Enterprise in the origional serries. On the far side of the Romulans are the ISC and others maby.

In The Attack of the Clones movie, the trip to the "cloners" world K something, the tall skinny people's planet, is shown on a map. It is less than one third of the distance from the center of the Galixy. Count the pixels if you dought this. The refferance made to being "Beyond the rim" must therefore apply to the rim of the empire not the rim of the Galaxy proper. (In very many other "Cannon" referances the Empire is said to have 1,000,000 planets out of 12,000,000 in the Galixy.) Coressant is shown at the center and Tatooeen is closer than the cloners world to the center of the map. In the map sceen in the cockpit of Amidala's ship on Tatooeen there are two interesting things the overall dimentions of the map and the conversation that states (parafraising) that "the jedi help will never get there in time from Corresant" to the planet that Obi is on, but it is "less than a parsec away from us" That trip takes fifteen hours! (15! or .2 LY/hour!!!) The problem from the SW perspactive is that ALL THE OTHER STUFF IS CANNON ACORDING TO THIS SITE but NOT ACCORDING TO SPIELBURG. If the other stuff from the so called Expanded Universe is CANNON then there are literaly hundreds of refferancs to speeds that are less than 30LY/hour for the 10 mile long SSD and to less than 24LY/hour for standard SD's and implications that they are only 20% slower than the Millenium Falcon or "The Fastest Ship in the Galixy". (See Dark Star's ST-v-SW site for links to this list of gaffs!)

If on the other hand, the EU stuff like the SWE does not count, then we must rely on the films them selves for reallivant speeds. The trouble with this is that most of the comments that are cited for the speed computations in question are clearly satirical in nature and ARE CONTRADICTED BY THE MAP IMAGES CITED ABOVE. While the hard evidence of trips for EXACTLY KNOWN DISTANCES computes speeds much, much, hugely less, velocity than crossing the Galixy in hours.

This conundrum means that no matter which way the SW fans choose they loose when compaired to the speeds shown in the hundreds of hours of Star Trek Universe CANNON.

1. 49,000LY in 6.7 hours. See ST-5 and referance the maps in the First ST book by Frans Joseph Designs.
2. Even higher speeds by computing star travel in ALL the TV shows and ALL the movies by computing star interval verces known spacing here in this Galixy!
3. Incredably higher than SW speeds in certain episodes were ships went from the nutral zone @ 4,500 LY to Earth in less than an hour.
4. +-600 hours of CANNON showing faster speeds than anything in the SW films.
5. AND Voyager the SLOWEST SHIP IN STAR FLEET that takes 75 years to cross the Galixy. (A trip that Enterprise could make in <14 hours! See ST-5) There are many examples of Navies and Merchants that build ships that are much slower than they are capable of building in our own history. We only have to look to our own Navy to see this first hand. In WW-II DD's were designed for 38 knots. Current DD's are built for 27 OR 30! The Skipjack was faster than Thresher, which was faster than Permit ETC.ETC.

There are lots of reasons why you would build a slower ship like Voyager. But there is no way to explain away the defects inherant in either the SW movies or the contradictory books. No matter which way you go, sarcastic dialogue aside, the hard evidence makes ST ships many Orders of Magnitude faster than anything in the SW universe! AGAIN, SEE DARK STAR'S ST-v-SW PAGE FOR DETAILS IF YOU DOUGHT THIS!

Sincerely, Stewart.

P.S. I know that I've really stepped on it now! But it's more fun than a grown man should be alowed to have!
Stratigic Defense Instatute, We provide Elegant Solutions to your Insolvable Problems.
Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

... you spelled "Doubt" wrong.

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
The Kernel
Emperor's Hand

Re: The size question?

Post by The Kernel »

Stewart at SDI wrote:The Galaxy we live in is a little over 100,000 LY across. If you look in the origional Frans Joseph Designs Hand Book, there is a diagram of the part of the Galixy surounding the Federation. The Federation is 4,500 LY in radius centered on Earth. It is flanked by the Klingons on one side and the Romulans on the other. The Tholians have a very small bubble at the edge of theGalixy and at the triple point of the three. It is at the point were the three nutral zones meet that the "Galactic Planet of Peace" is located. See ST-5. On the side by the Romulans, but closer to the Galaxies center, lie the Gorns with 2/3rds of the volume of the Romies. In a similar possition on the other side of the Federation, next to the Klingons are the Kzin, in a smaller space than the Gorns. Also over there are the Lyrans, Hydrans and some nation that I can't remember. The Orion Pirates home is inside Fed space. They fought a great running FTL battle with Enterprise in the origional serries. On the far side of the Romulans are the ISC and others maby.
It seems you are referring to the StarFleet Battles handbook which isn't even an official Star Trek product, nevermind have canon status. Try again.
In The Attack of the Clones movie, the trip to the "cloners" world K something, the tall skinny people's planet, is shown on a map. It is less than one third of the distance from the center of the Galixy. Count the pixels if you dought this. The refferance made to being "Beyond the rim" must therefore apply to the rim of the empire not the rim of the Galaxy proper. (In very many other "Cannon" referances the Empire is said to have 1,000,000 planets out of 12,000,000 in the Galixy.) Coressant is shown at the center and Tatooeen is closer than the cloners world to the center of the map. In the map sceen in the cockpit of Amidala's ship on Tatooeen there are two interesting things the overall dimentions of the map and the conversation that states (parafraising) that "the jedi help will never get there in time from Corresant" to the planet that Obi is on, but it is "less than a parsec away from us" That trip takes fifteen hours! (15! or .2 LY/hour!!!) The problem from the SW perspactive is that ALL THE OTHER STUFF IS CANNON ACORDING TO THIS SITE but NOT ACCORDING TO SPIELBURG. If the other stuff from the so called Expanded Universe is CANNON then there are literaly hundreds of refferancs to speeds that are less than 30LY/hour for the 10 mile long SSD and to less than 24LY/hour for standard SD's and implications that they are only 20% slower than the Millenium Falcon or "The Fastest Ship in the Galixy". (See Dark Star's ST-v-SW site for links to this list of gaffs!)
Wow, you have decided to quote from Darkstar's piece of shit site! Too bad for you that Darkstar's location placements of Kamino are bullshit and the fact that Obi-Wan was able to make the trip in a ship without any sort of bathroom facilities places some severe limits on how long the trip took. There are plenty of other examples, but it's obvious that you haven't read the page, so I see no reason to expend effort for your laziness.
If on the other hand, the EU stuff like the SWE does not count, then we must rely on the films them selves for reallivant speeds. The trouble with this is that most of the comments that are cited for the speed computations in question are clearly satirical in nature and ARE CONTRADICTED BY THE MAP IMAGES CITED ABOVE. While the hard evidence of trips for EXACTLY KNOWN DISTANCES computes speeds much, much, hugely less, velocity than crossing the Galixy in hours.
Is this English? Do you have any evidence to provide for these wild claims?
This conundrum means that no matter which way the SW fans choose they loose when compaired to the speeds shown in the hundreds of hours of Star Trek Universe CANNON.
No it means you are a moron.
1. 49,000LY in 6.7 hours. See ST-5 and referance the maps in the First ST book by Frans Joseph Designs.
Wrong asswipe, since the whole "center of the Galaxy" need not be taken literally and the books you mention have no official status.
2. Even higher speeds by computing star travel in ALL the TV shows and ALL the movies by computing star interval verces known spacing here in this Galixy!
Care to give example assclown?
3. Incredably higher than SW speeds in certain episodes were ships went from the nutral zone @ 4,500 LY to Earth in less than an hour.
Once again your lack of specifics is laughable.
5. AND Voyager the SLOWEST SHIP IN STAR FLEET that takes 75 years to cross the Galixy. (A trip that Enterprise could make in <14 hours! See ST-5) There are many examples of Navies and Merchants that build ships that are much slower than they are capable of building in our own history. We only have to look to our own Navy to see this first hand. In WW-II DD's were designed for 38 knots. Current DD's are built for 27 OR 30! The Skipjack was faster than Thresher, which was faster than Permit ETC.ETC.
Wrong dumbass, Voyager is one of the fastest ships in Starfleet, capable of cruising at Warp 9.95 (mentioned in the pilot). Suck it up.
There are lots of reasons why you would build a slower ship like Voyager. But there is no way to explain away the defects inherant in either the SW movies or the contradictory books. No matter which way you go, sarcastic dialogue aside, the hard evidence makes ST ships many Orders of Magnitude faster than anything in the SW universe! AGAIN, SEE DARK STAR'S ST-v-SW PAGE FOR DETAILS IF YOU DOUGHT THIS!
A ship millions of time slower than ships created a century ago? Yeah right.
LapsedPacifist
Jedi Knight

Re: The size question?

Post by LapsedPacifist »

Stewart at SDI wrote: ALL THE OTHER STUFF IS CANNON ACORDING TO THIS SITE but NOT ACCORDING TO SPIELBURG.
WTF has "Speilburg" got to do with anything?

LP
Stewart at SDI
Pathological liar

Post by Stewart at SDI »

Jon wrote:It saddens me how inconsistent the producers, script writers, brannon Bragdickhead-a were with things like this, scale and distance between worlds.

I heard it quoted on various occasions, by Sisko etc that DS9 was a good two weeks away form Earth at maximum 'sustainable' warp speeds.

As for the breen breaching borders, it seems to much though is going into a 2-dimensional playing field. I doubt starfleet could have covered every degree of entry into federation space with manned detection sites, so amidst a war, if unmanned border patrols were lost, there proabbly wasn't much they could do etc etc, especially with most ships being tied up on the front lines.

Shame that we are forced to take the cockups of producers and writers who contradict each other on so many occasions as Canon, I guess that's where star wars gets one over on Trek, there isn't a library of 600 or so episodes that haven't been bounced off each other to create the amount of cock ups trek has.
But the SW EU stuff is even fuller of really stupid gaffs and contradictions to the movies than the worst part of the ST Cannon. See the ST-v-SW web site for a list of discrepancies that will blow your doors off!

This is compounded by Spielburg and the movie writers who colectivly knew less hard science AND martial technology than any of the ST writers. If we take the dialogue to be factual and not sarcastic then the "Fastest Ship In The Galixy" "MAKES .5 PAST LIGHT SPEED!!!"

If we discount the dialogue, then the fantastic speeds quoted here and elsewere that disagree with other CANNON pictures and EXACT DIALOGUE must also be DISCOUNTED! Then there are the problems with the Books and other sources that print EXACT QUOTES of speeds like the SSD EXCRUCIATOR (sacasm as I can't remember the name) could not cover 93LY in under FOUR HOURS, or <30LY/HOUR.

This comes back to the question that I slyly asked before, about which source we should take for the "MOST CANNON" when they contradict. The SW sources have fewer but infanitely more crippling defects than the ST sources do!

So then we must choose what defects we will ignore and how we will judge whats left. Hundreds of hours of every stock shot of ships moving at FTL speeds of several LY/SECOND in ST or "less than one parsec in 15 hours" in SW? (Again see the ST-v-SW web site for a detailed and flawless anallisys of this)

YOU TELL ME, WHAT AND HOW DO WE CHOOSE OBJECTIVELY!

Sincerely, Stewart.
Stratigic Defense Instatute, We provide Elegant Solutions to your Insolvable Problems.
The Kernel
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Kernel »

Okay, this fucker has started quoting Darkstar wholesale. Someone remind me why the fuck we are keeping this little chicken shit around?
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

The Kernel wrote:Okay, this fucker has started quoting Darkstar wholesale. Someone remind me why the fuck we are keeping this little chicken shit around?
Because he's amusing while he claims to be a 75 year old godling who's been apparently been in every war since WW1 to know, have a salary that would put all to shame, and the genius that would eclipse Einstien...but can't write correctly and now is showing even more ignorance then usual.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

CAPS LOCK MAKES U LOOK SMATUR! IT REALLY DOES!
JADAFETWA
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Stewart at SDI wrote:But the SW EU stuff is even fuller of really stupid gaffs and contradictions to the movies than the worst part of the ST Cannon. See the ST-v-SW web site for a list of discrepancies that will blow your doors off!
It's 'fuller' huh?
This is compounded by Spielburg and the movie writers who colectivly knew less hard science AND martial technology than any of the ST writers. If we take the dialogue to be factual and not sarcastic then the "Fastest Ship In The Galixy" "MAKES .5 PAST LIGHT SPEED!!!"
1. I believe you are referring to GEORGE LUCAS, who has the ultimate say on what is and is not canon is SW.

2. Please define what, exactly, '.5 past lightspeed' is.
If we discount the dialogue, then the fantastic speeds quoted here and elsewere that disagree with other CANNON pictures and EXACT DIALOGUE must also be DISCOUNTED! Then there are the problems with the Books and other sources that print EXACT QUOTES of speeds like the SSD EXCRUCIATOR (sacasm as I can't remember the name) could not cover 93LY in under FOUR HOURS, or <30LY/HOUR.
'THERE ARE EXACT QUOTES THAT I CAN'T REMEMBER!'
This comes back to the question that I slyly asked before, about which source we should take for the "MOST CANNON" when they contradict. The SW sources have fewer but infanitely more crippling defects than the ST sources do!
Please explain these defects to me, and please do it yourself. To not point me to some website and say 'here'.
So then we must choose what defects we will ignore and how we will judge whats left. Hundreds of hours of every stock shot of ships moving at FTL speeds of several LY/SECOND in ST or "less than one parsec in 15 hours" in SW? (Again see the ST-v-SW web site for a detailed and flawless anallisys of this)

YOU TELL ME, WHAT AND HOW DO WE CHOOSE OBJECTIVELY!
SW movies are the highest canon and cannot be contradicted by any other SW material in any way, shape, or form. Therefore, you have your answer.

Have a nice day.
JADAFETWA
Sr.mal
Jedi Knight

Post by Sr.mal »

Mein got. I've seen children with Down's syndrome spell better than this guy.
Ever since I was a scumdog, I blew a cum-wad.
I need a mother-fucking suckadickalickalong
A drunk, a pervert, a junkie and a sodimizer.
But you can call me the salaminizer
-The Salaminzer by GWAR
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Time for a Classic Einhander Move™ to show Stewie@SDI my contempt for him:

/me aims Railgun at Stewie and pulls the trigger*

<(BZAPP!!!)>

{SPLAT!!}

*Sn0 laughs with glee as the Depleted-Uranium Rail Slug hits flesh at Mach 8. The massive hydroshock, the flash-vaporization, the violent stripping of flesh from bone, bone immediately shattering into tiny razor-sharp shards and getting propelled throughout his body at half the slug's speed instantly severs Stewart at SDI's body at the waist and flays it into a rapidly-expanding cloud of chunky gibs, jagged ribbons of cooked meat, and crimson salsa...*

Image Image
Shok Teenik
Youngling

Post by Shok Teenik »

ah, it all starts to make sense now. _that's_ why Stewie's claims seem to come from a different plane of reality and don't ever bother to sound familiar or correspond with what we know about Star Wars; he's been watching an entirely different film, directed by some shady "Spielburg" guy, thinking it was Star Wars.

maybe he's also been seeing a different version of Star Trek, perhaps originally conceived by this enigmatic "Spielburg" character as well?

the questions surrounding our man at the Instatute grow by the day.
S H O K 4 0 T E E N I K - the nihilistic fungus of The Void.
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

and the fact that Obi-Wan was able to make the trip in a ship without any sort of bathroom facilities places some severe limits on how long the trip took.
Er, I thought the EU established that Jedi could go into some sort of hibernation. :?
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

I'm not even going to bother quoting, because you aren't worth the effort. I'm sure that others have already vilified this stupidity on your part far better than I could ever hope to manage. This has ceased to matter to me, as the specific fuck-witted asinine argument you are making just pisses me off so damned much.

paraphrasing your bullshit: 'Duh, they cna go lsot fsater, btu teyh cohoes nto oto!

14 hours to cross the galaxy, huh?
They made a specifically built scout/exploration vessel a million times slower than they could have, why?
They are so determine to control a wormhole that shaves a measly 14 hours off of long-distance travel, why?
We are supposed to tolerate stupidity on your part of a level that has made me pimp-slap people when confronted in person by idiocy of not even this magnitude, why?
I'd insult you more, but it would deprive me of the use of the words for dealing with mere wastes of biomass, who don't aspire to your levels of indescribable drivel.
Lord of the Farce
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord of the Farce »

Uraniun235 wrote:
and the fact that Obi-Wan was able to make the trip in a ship without any sort of bathroom facilities places some severe limits on how long the trip took.
Er, I thought the EU established that Jedi could go into some sort of hibernation. :?
But it's not valid ACCORDING TO SPIELBURG!!!!11one
Also, besides the fact that not every Jedi has the same level of capabilities in different areas, we see an identical trend in lack of bathroom facilities in starfighters designed for "long-range reconnaissance" (such as the Y-Wing and A-Wing).
"Intelligent Design" Not Accepted by Most Scientists
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Well dipshit, the fact that Obi-Wan was able to make the trip in a ship without any sort of bathroom facilities only goes to demonstrate the enormous speed available to SW.

Isn't it nice when evidence could work both ways depending on what spin you put on them?

Fact; AotC showed us the size of the SW Galaxy.

Fact; AotC showed us the relative distance between Coruscant and Kimono

Fact; Obi-Wan Kenobi made the trip in a single seat fighter sized spaceplane.

Ergo, ship travels really fast.

Dipshit.
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
The Kernel
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Kernel »

Crown wrote:
Well dipshit, the fact that Obi-Wan was able to make the trip in a ship without any sort of bathroom facilities only goes to demonstrate the enormous speed available to SW.

Isn't it nice when evidence could work both ways depending on what spin you put on them?

Fact; AotC showed us the size of the SW Galaxy.

Fact; AotC showed us the relative distance between Coruscant and Kimono

Fact; Obi-Wan Kenobi made the trip in a single seat fighter sized spaceplane.

Ergo, ship travels really fast.

Dipshit.
...Crown, may I suggest that you reread my post? For fuck's sake, why don't you actually read what I was trying to say before calling me a dipshit? YOU ARE MAKING THE SAME POINT I WAS MAKING! :roll:
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

The Kernel wrote:<snip>

...Crown, may I suggest that you reread my post? For fuck's sake, why don't you actually read what I was trying to say before calling me a dipshit? YOU ARE MAKING THE SAME POINT I WAS MAKING! :roll:
Well quite clearly, I thought I was quoting Stewie and not you (I saw it in someone else's post).

I apologise profusely for wrongly attacking you.

*smacks head in fustration*

:oops: :oops: :oops:
KhyronTheBackstabber
Jedi Council Member

Post by KhyronTheBackstabber »

Stewart at SDI wrote: But the SW EU stuff is even fuller of really stupid gaffs and contradictions to the movies than the worst part of the ST Cannon. See the ST-v-SW web site for a list of discrepancies that will blow your doors off!
You mean the site that has been ripped apart, torn down, and shoved up the collective ass of Trektards like yourself? The site that Trekkers have no respect for, written by the guy they have even less respect for? Bitch please. What next? You gonna bring up the "Mini Galaxy" theory?

Oh, and Ein. Best...gif...Ever. I could watch that thing all day.
MM's Zentraedi Warlord/CF's Original Predacon/JL's Mad Titan
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Just an ammendmant to my last post; quite clearly this was a situation where I should have taken my own advice and made sure to read the whole thread before posting.

Once again sorry Kernel, I thought I was responding to Stewie. :oops:
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:<snip fucking hilarious picture>
Oh. My. Fucking. God!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's your best one yet!
The Kernel
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Kernel »

Crown wrote:Just an ammendmant to my last post; quite clearly this was a situation where I should have taken my own advice and made sure to read the whole thread before posting.

Once again sorry Kernel, I thought I was responding to Stewie. :oops:
I guess even mods make mistakes. :P

Tsc tsc. Mods don't make mistakes. They make less correct decisions.

Olrik
[SD.net department of reeducation]
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

KhyronTheBackstabber wrote:
Stewart at SDI wrote: But the SW EU stuff is even fuller of really stupid gaffs and contradictions to the movies than the worst part of the ST Cannon. See the ST-v-SW web site for a list of discrepancies that will blow your doors off!
You mean the site that has been ripped apart, torn down, and shoved up the collective ass of Trektards like yourself? The site that Trekkers have no respect for, written by the guy they have even less respect for? Bitch please. What next? You gonna bring up the "Mini Galaxy" theory?
And just so it isn't missed, the address for the mass rippping apart of RSA's site is:

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Hat ... index.html
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

So much for the theory this guy would actually look smarter if he copied and pasted from Darkstar's site.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

The classics never fade...

Anyway, just so I understand it, I know canon evidence contradicts Han's claim of .5 past lightspeed (Meaning we know it to be much faster) But this is in the same universe where turbolasers aren't lasers at all, so, (Perhaps this is a fallacy, please point to me which one it is) So is it reasonable to say that the .5 past lightspeed is the same as, in some american english dialects, referring to all softdrinks as "Coke" Even though, by definition they are not?