57%
No I don't think so
43%

Total votes: 51

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Shall we Ban Darkstar?

Post by Mr Bean »

Lets see how eveyone feels about Darkstar at the moment, Besides his running ability it deny the exists of the sun-outside he has formed an Invicble Wall of Ignorance aginst everything negative OR postive said about him and frankly some people find conversations with Potted Plants more intresting and insightful

So Shall we put him down once and for all? Force him to retreat to his own web-site and create a BBI where he talks to himself?(Roughly what he does here, I wonder if he would even notice the diffrence)

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

I think he should stay here as a bad example for all those trekkies who come here and think they can fuck around.
He's annoying, but if you look back at the posts, they show our points stand. No person with half a brain could possibly read through a DarkStar class post and assume he really achieved victory (as he always claims).
Supermod
Raxmei
Rabid Monkey

Post by Raxmei »

I don't think we should censor any ideas, no matter how stupid they are.
As long as Darkstar abides by the terms of service, we should let him post.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

It seems that banning should be severly limited to folks like John Clark who actually threatened the board and called Wong's home, that is just beyond the pale, but just because Darkstar is an idiot, does not mean he should be banned. He has the village idiot monicker, I say thats good enough. If you guys are really that annoyed about his debating style, (And I don't blame you) just don't engage him in debate, let his stupidity speak for itself (His stupidity IS like a chorus afterall.)

It would set a bad example if everyone that disagreed with the majority on this board were suddenly banned. Then we would indeed be the Warsie Nazis that idiot Clark accuses us of being.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Thus the intresting Quandry
He basicly talks to himself, most people ignore him now, so he's left only to post to himself and occsionaly people responding with a laugh and nothing more

To charaterrise him its almost like the Old Crazy Homeless Bum on the Street-Corner outside the Captial Building, Sure he's not breaking any laws, but he's not helping either and he kinda smells funny at that

As always this is nothing more than a poll, I'm honsetly intrested to here what people have to say

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Shadow WarChief
Rabid Monkey

Post by Shadow WarChief »

I think we should keep him around. As a type of ban gauge. Anyone that's worse than Dark Star is banned. Anyone Better stays on.
Darik Sdair
Youngling

Post by Darik Sdair »

Might want to make a new rank "higher" than Village Idiot though. Darkstar reflects poorly on the other VIs.
Banzai!
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

How could be so heartless as to take away an Idiots Village?

I don’t really care. He posts don’t eat up too much bandwidth and he provides a focus for the flames.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Could we change his name to something else, eg. Dorkstar, Dumbshit or any of the other names he has been called when trying to debate using his Wall of Ignorance.
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

You can not change things like names and personal info on any board I've ever been to.
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

just a thought. I would pay good money to see Darkstar's face if he logged on one day and posted as Dumbshit. :lol:
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

With DumbShit it's hard. On the one hand, I hate his guts because he's always contradicting himself, refusing to answer relevent points, and repeating the same stupid arguments over and over. On the other hand, if we ban him he'll probably just harp on his [cough, end-cough] website about how biased we were for banning the only "non-biased" member of the board. He really is stupid, and he adds nothing to any debates, but I think it might be bad to ban him.

Since he's hurt Mike Wong as much as he's hurt anyone, I will defer my judgement to Mike.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

I could care less. He hasn't done anything too stupid lately. And he makes me laugh.(at him)
"I got so high last night I figured out how clouds work." - the miracle of marijuana

Legalize It!

Proud Member of the local 404 Professional Cynics Union.

"Every Revolution carries within it the seeds of its own destruction."-Dune
Raxmei
Rabid Monkey

Post by Raxmei »

I don't think we should do anything that might give us a reputation for banning dissenters.
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

I don't think he should be banned, but I do think he should definately be given a stronger title.
「かかっ―」
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

I am definitely in support of banning DarkStar aka Guardian2000 aka Robert Scott Anderson simply by dint of being a deceitful lying scumbag impostor.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

XaLEv wrote:I don't think he should be banned, but I do think he should definately be given a stronger title.

Are we rewarding stupidity with recognition now?
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

David wrote:
Are we rewarding stupidity with recognition now?
Apparently. We do give out "Village Idiot" afterall.
「かかっ―」
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

We shouldn't ban him. He's not really abrasive like JC or Loser099, but he's fantastically dumb enough that he is entertaining.

Certainly a deserver of the VI title if I've ever seen one though.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

He's really not as bad as those other jerks we've banned, but I don't think he's nearly as funny as Loser099, if only because DarkStar just repeats what he said earlier and Loser099 seemed to attack our rebuttals in hilarious manners.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Antediluvian
Jedi Knight

Post by Antediluvian »

Just keep him around for sheer entertainment value, for now.

Not like he's really hurting anyone.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

He's very annoying over here and in ASVS where I have *Plonked* him. And the fact that he's been using a disguise for the last few months kinda <Bleaps> me off.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Don't ban him.

But maybe we could re-title him "The Weakest Link".

Or maybe "Don't Listen To Anything I Say!".
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

Nah, don't ban him. Don't give him a "worse" title. It's unnecessary. He's pretty much in the "Don't listen to a word I say" bin already. Aside from actually making a theatening nuisance of himself, all he can go from where he's at is up.

Who knows? Maybe in a year, he'll learn how to form a logical thought. It'll be because of us. Won't we feel proud when (well, if) that happens?
The Great and Malignant
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

I say we keep him until he reaches the John Clark level, or he burns out after being refuted one too many times.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB