Political Cartoons Thread (NO DISCUSSIONS)

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

The Infidel
Jedi Master

Re: Political Cartoons Thread

Post by The Infidel »

Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

The diaper is on the wrong end.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Sit Ubu, sit. Good dog.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Robert Reich's Facebook page is an absolute gold mine of Trump-related cartoons.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Post by Civil War Man »

A little something in response to the whole "Is it ok to punch Nazis?" meme.

Zeropoint
Jedi Knight

Post by Zeropoint »

To the tune of Weird Al's "Weasel Stomping Day":

Faces filled with joy and cheer;
What a magical time of year!
Howdy Ho! It's Nazi Punching Day!

Put your knuckle dusters on,
Be a pugilist paragon.
Don't you know it's Nazi Punching Day?

All the little girls and boys
Love that wonderful crunching noise.
You'll know what this day's about
When you punch a Nazi's lights right out.

So come along and have a laugh;
Punch their sniveling skulls in half.
Make a fist and punch your cares away!
Hip hip hooray, it's Nazi Punching Day!

<sounds of Nazis getting punched>

People all around the town
Punching Nazis until they're down.
Why we do it, clear as day--
And it's such a festive holiday!

So let the punching fun begin!
Bash their goose-stepping skulls right in.
They're the bad guys, that makes it okay!

Hey everyone, it's Nazi Punching,
We'll have some fun on Nazi Punching,
Don't let them run, it's Nazi Punching Day!
Hip hip hooray, it's Nazi Punching Day!

Nazi Punching Day!
Hey!
I'm a cis-het white male, and I oppose racism, sexism, homophobia, and transphobia. I support treating all humans equally.

When fascism came to America, it was wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.

That which will not bend must break and that which can be destroyed by truth should never be spared its demise.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Civil War Man wrote:A little something in response to the whole "Is it ok to punch Nazis?" meme.

Fuck that guy. Damaging trash is inexcusable. He should have beat the shit out of AmeriNazi away from the garbage can.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

Even if i agree with the politics behind the cartoon, I'd still say that belongs in the TERRIBLE POLITICAL CARTOONS thread. That is awful. If you told be that it was a conservative parody, I'd believe you. It looks like an Onion cartoon.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Eh, to me the message is more important than the art style, but to each his own.

Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

spot the catch

"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Either it's from the Department of Law Enforcement and the figures are outright wrong fudged

Or all the firearms deaths have been changed from murder to 'justifiable homicide'
Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Post by Civil War Man »

Crazedwraith wrote:Either it's from the Department of Law Enforcement and the figures are outright wrong fudged

Or all the firearms deaths have been changed from murder to 'justifiable homicide'
It's more that the chart is flipped over so the higher the number, the lower it is, in order to make it look like the sharp rise in gun deaths is actually a drop.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Civil War Man wrote:
Crazedwraith wrote:Either it's from the Department of Law Enforcement and the figures are outright wrong fudged

It's more that the chart is flipped over so the higher the number, the lower it is, in order to make it look like the sharp rise in gun deaths is actually a drop.

... :shock:

Yes that trick worked on me 100%.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

How is that supposed to be a cartoon?
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

This, pretty much.
Thanas wrote:How is that supposed to be a cartoon?
It's not, it's some weird seeming justification for owning mechanical dick compensation.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Thanas wrote:How is that supposed to be a cartoon?
It serves many of the same purposes as a political cartoon- a (subtly) humorous way to make a political point. It's a political cartoon for math majors.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

This fits, I guess, original:

Edited version (not me):
Now it's political!
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

I think this counts as a political cartoon, sort of? And yes, I know it's seventeen years old, but the message in the final panel has only got more relevant with time.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Nevermind.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'